Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:55 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,372,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Google John Mayer. Check him out in what he usually wears...a t-shirt & jeans.
Hot, but not smoldering. Then watch how he looks in this:

Vultures (Live in L.A.) - YouTube

Absolutely delicious All I can think of is whats under that suit, lol
I am a straight man so I am at a significant disadvantage in judging male hotness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 08:59 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
And for the record, I don't know anyone who is legit that likes wearing them. Sorry girls..
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum -Texas Rangers Today

Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,439,563 times
I think formality is sexy in a way, lol. I have no idea why.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
Men's Wearhouse has a great deal going on right now, I need to get on that.

I agree we shouldn't make lasting snap judgments about people based on how they dress, but I think it's unavoidable. Someone in a stained wifebeater and dirty jeans is gonna give people one impression. That same guy could simply put on clean jeans and a nice tshirt and look 100x better.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:58 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,372,729 times
So I conducted my first test of wearing a suit in a place that didn't require it and it was pretty awesome. People thought I was very important and were letting me cut in line. I have to admit I was pretty surprised. I still think its strange, but what it does to other people's perception of you is crazy.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,963,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
So I conducted my first test of wearing a suit in a place that didn't require it and it was pretty awesome. People thought I was very important and were letting me cut in line. I have to admit I was pretty surprised. I still think its strange, but what it does to other people's perception of you is crazy.
Wait until you hit on a woman.

You'll mind will be blown.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,871,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Men's Wearhouse has a great deal going on right now, I need to get on that.

I agree we shouldn't make lasting snap judgments about people based on how they dress, but I think it's unavoidable. Someone in a stained wifebeater and dirty jeans is gonna give people one impression. That same guy could simply put on clean jeans and a nice tshirt and look 100x better.
Ehh Men's Wearhouse is mediocre at best, unless the deal is really awesome you're better off elsewhere for low-end stuff (below $300), made-to-measure for higher end stuff ($500+), and in general not buying suits in the 350-500 quality options gap. All prices "real" prices, not MSRP. For cheaper stuff, I've found Macys to have some surprisingly good deals when they have one of their deeper sales.

If you're really looking to save money, you'd be surprised at the quality of stuff that shows up sometimes secondhand at places like goodwill, salvation army, etc. Just make sure to dry clean it before bringing it home and have it tailored before wearing. This is what I did for sports coats back in college.

edit: If you want something that doesn't have the discomfort of a cheap suite, price of an expensive suite, nor the excessive formality of either, but still retains the ability to help with pulling down girls, a great set up is a nice pair of jeans, button-down shirt (slim fit, untucked), and a sport coat. Comfortable, can be thrown together on the cheap, effective, and doesn't make you That Guy going about day-to-day life in a suite under the age of 50.

Last edited by ALackOfCreativity; 07-20-2012 at 09:32 PM..

Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Ehh Men's Wearhouse is mediocre at best, unless the deal is really awesome you're better off elsewhere for low-end stuff (below $300), made-to-measure for higher end stuff ($500+), and in general not buying suits in the 350-500 quality options gap. All prices "real" prices, not MSRP. For cheaper stuff, I've found Macys to have some surprisingly good deals when they have one of their deeper sales.

If you're really looking to save money, you'd be surprised at the quality of stuff that shows up sometimes secondhand at places like goodwill, salvation army, etc. Just make sure to dry clean it before bringing it home and have it tailored before wearing. This is what I did for sports coats back in college.

edit: If you want something that doesn't have the discomfort of a cheap suite, price of an expensive suite, nor the excessive formality of either, but still retains the ability to help with pulling down girls, a great set up is a nice pair of jeans, button-down shirt (slim fit, untucked), and a sport coat. Comfortable, can be thrown together on the cheap, effective, and doesn't make you That Guy going about day-to-day life in a suite under the age of 50.
H&M. Go there.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 AM

28,896 posts, read 54,045,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
H&M. Go there.
I think if you're going to go the retail route, a JosABank will do the trick nicely

Old 07-21-2012, 12:26 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,963,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I think if you're going to go the retail route, a JosABank will do the trick nicely
You're better off waiting for Joseph A. Bank to have one of there huge sales. Some of the sales they have towards the holiday season are just amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships