Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 10:07 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,876,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Using a poor sap that has more money than sense and helping a good friend in need isn't contradictory. Do you honestly keep running tabs on all of your friends?
dude I don't give my friends money...and I wouldn't ask them for money, if they needed money, then I would loan it...you sound either overly generous or incredibly naive. You wouldn't find it strange if you gave someone say $100 and they didn't say 'thanks i'll pay you back when I can'...

Anyway back to her post, it sounds to me that she basically takes things without giving back or gives back some type of sexual favor, I guess it works for her and the guys around her, but lets call it what is.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:46 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
LOL, you realize that this is the golden age of getting laid don't you?
Its mostly to the benefit of women (and rich men) because in the current sexual market women get to chose who they want to have sex with all while leaving the rest of the men shut out.

So as a result, for every man like Gene Simmons who racks up having sex with 3,000 women, you have probably 1000 men who simply have no access to women because no woman wants them because they can't compete with a Gene Simmons.

Quote:
100 years ago, you wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell of getting laid unless you married the girl or paid for it.
You say that like it's a bad thing. 100 years ago, as a man, it was to your benefit to GET MARRIED. Back then a man got REAL WOMAN who cooked, cleaned, did not smoke or do drugs, had no tattoos, and made clothes and other things by hand. And you go back even further, in certain cultures, there were arranged marriages and men were able to marry multiple women.

Quote:
Now women are more sexually free with their favors and more men and women than ever before are having sex out of wedlock.
Again, most of these women are having sex with rock stars, celebrities, pro athletes, drug dealers/badboys. In other words, sex is not evenly going around or is available to everyone.

This is why some of the pro athletes I know have racked up having sex with 2,000+ women in a few years all while the male cashier at Starbucks can't get a date to save his life.

Last edited by calicali01; 07-17-2012 at 11:18 AM..

Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Money has nothing to do with "being official" in college. Most college students are in debt up to their ears. In college nobody cares, except some of the women who come from high-end backgrounds, but even some of them don't care.

Why is it always about money with you guys? Try love for a refreshing change of pace.
Ummm, the girl told me I was too broke to date her. And even though she was poor herself in collage, she knew she could attract grown men with money so it was a big deal when she got with me and I could not offer her much.

I'm really not upset about it though, she was a basket-case due to her cocaine problem; I needed to walk away and I'm glad I did.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 AM

296 posts, read 571,607 times
How do you suggest we change the current sexual market? Is it even possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Its mostly to the benefit of women (and rich men) because in the current sexual market women get to chose who they want to have sex with all while leaving the rest of the men shut out.

So as a result, for every man like Gene Simmons who racks up having sex with 3,000 women, you have probably 1000 men who simply have no access to women because no woman wants them.

You say that like it's a bad thing. 100 years ago, as a man, it was to your benefit to GET MARRIED. Back then a man got REAL WOMAN who cooked, cleaned, did not smoke or do drugs, had no tattoos, and made clothes and other things by hand. And you go back even further, in certain cultures there were arranged marriages men were able to marry multiple women.

Again, most of these women are having sex with rock stars, celebrities, pro athletes, drug dealers/badboys. In other words, sex is not evenly going around or is available to everyone.

This is why some of the pro athletes I know have racked up having sex with 2,000+ women in a few years all while the male cashier at Starbucks can't get a date to save his life.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
How do you suggest we change the current sexual market? Is it even possible?
Legalize sex work, the sexual market will then be fair for everyone.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:19 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,426,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
That really is not the case. I think you watch too much TV.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
That really is not the case. I think you watch too much TV.
I gave up watching TV in 2004. I only read books and watch documentaries.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:56 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I remember going to Ireland to see my favorite band U2 3 shows in a row. One of those nights I was making a long line to one of those portable restrooms, whatever you call them. These girl showing cleavage and big boobs walked all the way to the front to where I was and in a flirty playful way she asked me if I could let her go first. I was annoyed to the fact that she didn’t want to make line like every guy and girl in that line simply because she thought she looked hot. She was all touchy and flirty asking me to let her go first while I was just with a poker face looking straight forward without even checking her out. I just pointed with my thumb to go back to the line and she gave me an attitude. I don’t care if she was hot or ugly, we all had to wait in line.

Why not simply have women pay because they are happy to take care of her expenses or a man’s expenses? It’s like telling men to send a girl flowers so she doesn’t get mad instead of sending flowers simply because he is happy to do so.

That’s pretty much what men get after a date, a thank you. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe men rather communicate like adults instead of some teeny signal guessing games.

Naaaah. They just have their privileges. There are some who abuse them.
didn't you read where women said (including myself) they would pay for themselves? guess not. what difference does it make why they want to pay. but I guess either way you will bit*h and moan about it.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:07 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
didn't you read where women said (including myself) they would pay for themselves? guess not. what difference does it make why they want to pay. but I guess either way you will bit*h and moan about it.
I'm sure he did read it but this case you & the other person are 1%ers. The other 99% believe that it's a man's responsibility to pay & if he doesn't he isn't a real man.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I'm sure he did read it but this case you & the other person are 1%ers. The other 99% believe that it's a man's responsibility to pay & if he doesn't he isn't a real man.

actually he probably did read it, but just likes to keep repeating over and over again how women just want money and to be paid for

anyway, he's done this in tons of other threads and there were way more then 2 women who said exactly the same thing. in fact most of them said they saw no problem with going 'dutch.' yet he comes back to this. so carry on I guess. *shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships