Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 02:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Lilac, I've been trying to start a family for a while now, but I'm starting to give up hope for that. I honestly just don't see any educated woman willing to give a short man like myself a chance in a relationship. I somewhat understand it as well. She has spent time and energy pursuing an education, why should she have to settle for someone less than the best- after all, she can support herself and has time to be single and enjoy it. I've tried talking to women, but the fact that I'm 5'3 almost makes me an untouchable.
Oh, that's just ridiculous. There are plenty of men who are 5'3" who are happily married with kids, a good wife, and a good sex life. Don't use your height as an excuse. Maybe it will put you at a disadvantage for some women, but to say that your height makes you "untouchable" is just silly. Something else is going on with you.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
You're right. I work with doctors and that's not the profession you take up simply to 'get laid,' don't know what brad is talking about. Some of them are perverts but all of the ones I've met have a passion for understanding the mechanics of the human body and modern medicine.
All I am saying is that doctors are respected scientific professionals who have accomplished a huge amount and are well-compensated. I for one LOVE female physicians, and I am sure that at least one woman who really admires intellectual men of achievement would be interested in the OP.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:11 PM

296 posts, read 571,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why do you think you're less than the best? Height is a disadvantage, sure, but not an insurmountable one. You're a doctor, for God's sake. I'm sure you do very well financially.
Educated women tend to do very well financially also. They don't need a man who is particularly successful or intellectual. As long as he is kind, reasonably smart, and fits their list of physical attributes (height, face, etc) then it's good. But they are far less likely to settle than someone who isn't as educated.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, that's just ridiculous. There are plenty of men who are 5'3" who are happily married with kids, a good wife, and a good sex life. Don't use your height as an excuse. Maybe it will put you at a disadvantage for some women, but to say that your height makes you "untouchable" is just silly. Something else is going on with you.
It's not "silly." Have you ever dated anyone who was 5'3?

Old 07-17-2012, 02:13 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
Quote:
Well all I can say is, I wish I met women like Ruth, Doll Eyes, and Findley in my personal life. If they are who they represent themselves to be, I just have to bow down and say that they're amazing.
There has to be something else going on here. The short guy I dated, though we broke up, is now with a very petite, very attractive blonde. He's never had a problem with dating. He's confident, his body is amazing and he is very funny/outgoing. Now, he's no doctor so you have one-up on him in the career department, so there has to be something more to your story...

Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I second this. Educated women do go for short, educated guys. I've seen educated women flock around guys shorter than you. It's mainly about personality. Are you fun to be with? Outgoing?

Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I know two doctors who love their jobs and have never been married or had kids. I'm assuming their doctors because they want to be.
You can like what you do, but mostly do it for the benefits

Most musicians for example I'm sure deep down LOVE music, but you go into the business for benefits

One of those include women at your disposal

That's why men in all walks of life in general strive for great positions and money. The women

Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Well all I can say is, I wish I met women like Ruth, Doll Eyes, and Findley in my personal life. If they are who they represent themselves to be, I just have to bow down and say that they're amazing.

haha. try telling these other men that.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I second this. Educated women do go for short, educated guys. I've seen educated women flock around guys shorter than you. It's mainly about personality. Are you fun to be with? Outgoing?
Ruth, what do you mean by educated women? Women from rich families who went to top ranked colleges demand the best physically and intellectually. I don't understand why all the female posters are saying it's impossible that a 5'3 has so much bad luck in dating because of his height (though I wonder how many of them have actually dated someone that size). All the male posters on the other hand are saying that my height is pretty much the kiss of death in dating.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
It's not "silly." Have you ever dated anyone who was 5'3?
Yes, and I'm 5'4", which is the national average for American women. I've also dated guys who were 5'2".

Really, something else is going on with you. Perhaps it's your penchant for self-pity and to assume that all women are the same and that you know what we all want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships