Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:44 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,803,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
It's not a competition.
Oh yes it is. And it's the most difficult competition ever. Getting a job, getting into shape, learning something new... all much easier by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 12:13 PM

890 posts, read 1,646,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You guys, life isn't just about your jobs. What about your hobbies and other interests? In college you must have studied subjects outside your major that caught your interest. Have you pursued any of those interests in your spare time? Any intellectual curiosity that's motivating you to expand on your knowledge base? Political interests? Sports--hiking, boating, climbing? Have you travelled outside the country? Do you enjoy reading fiction or non-fiction? Science documentaries? Art, music? On dates you can talk about anything and everything that interests you, and that makes you interesting. The other thing about dating is to take an interest in your date, and ask her how she spends her leisure time and what her hobbies are.

I agree with findly's posts. It's hard to find a match. Just because it doesn't work out, doesn't mean you're a dud. I've heard dating experts say you have to meet 100 people before you find 1 that's a reasonably good match. There's a lot of sifting and sorting that is part of the process. Join groups that share your interests: hiking or other weekend sports groups, environmental groups, meet-up groups.
Well I like watching all sports and I like traveling and keeping w/current events

Old 07-18-2012, 12:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I'm taking a break from the dating scene and I'm reevaluting things and trying to polish myself,so that when I put myself back out there I can be a good catch. but i feel like I dont have anything to offer. Yes, I am college educated and have a full time job, but I just dont feel like I have anything to offer in terms of a relationship. Any tips on how to make things better in this department?
Your education and job probably puts you in the fine catch area as far as those components go.
How do you take care of your habitat and self?
Does your home look clean or are you sloppy and a hoarder?
Does your appearence look well groomed like you care for yourself or do you come off as scary?
Can you talk and be a good companion or do you have massive communication issues?
Are you ready to hook up or are you afraid to commit to anything?

We can go on and on.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:19 PM

11,343 posts, read 9,240,239 times
Quote:
I'm taking a break from the dating scene and I'm reevaluting things and trying to polish myself,so that when I put myself back out there I can be a good catch. but i feel like I dont have anything to offer. Yes, I am college educated and have a full time job, but I just dont feel like I have anything to offer in terms of a relationship. Any tips on how to make things better in this department?
Quote:
Bc I have failed at keeping anyone interested in dating me. They akways choose the other person
You really need to work on yourself. You have a lot going for you and yet you don't realize it. Get in a positive frame of mind and do not associate with negitive people.

Most people who date get rejected multiple times. That's the way the game works. Hold your head up and be proud of YOU! Use this break you are taking to learn to be your own best friend first.

Best wishes to you.

Last edited by John13; 07-18-2012 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: including both genders.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Well I like watching all sports and I like traveling and keeping w/current events
Some women are really into sports, too. some aren't. But you can talk about your travels, you can discuss current events in the news. What is it you think other guys have that you don't have? You have a good job, and you're probably a nice, thoughtful guy. This is what women are looking for. Are you comfortable talking to women? That's important. What do you do in your spare time? Do you like going to museums, lectures, concerts? All those are good for dates. Walking or skating in the park? Hiking up to a lake and taking a swim with your date? Do you enjoy life in general? You haven't given us much to go on.

I'm failing to see the problem. Maybe you're just getting discouraged too easily? I second John13's post.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Your education and job probably puts you in the fine catch area as far as those components go.
How do you take care of your habitat and self?
Does your home look clean or are you sloppy and a hoarder?
Does your appearence look well groomed like you care for yourself or do you come off as scary?
Can you talk and be a good companion or do you have massive communication issues?
Are you ready to hook up or are you afraid to commit to anything?

We can go on and on.
Well I'm a bit shy, so that maybe holding me back a bit
I tend to open up when I'm one on one

Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Some women are really into sports, too. some aren't. But you can talk about your travels, you can discuss current events in the news. What is it you think other guys have that you don't have? You have a good job, and you're probably a nice, thoughtful guy. This is what women are looking for. Are you comfortable talking to women? That's important. What do you do in your spare time? Do you like going to museums, lectures, concerts? All those are good for dates. Walking or skating in the park? Hiking up to a lake and taking a swim with your date? Do you enjoy life in general? You haven't given us much to go on.

I'm failing to see the problem. Maybe you're just getting discouraged too easily? I second John13's post.
*whispers into Ruth's ear*

Looks.

I'll put money on it.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I can relate. I am more of a one-on-one person myself... not into groups so much.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:

I have an ok job. Trying to find another I'm not successful thus far

Old 07-18-2012, 12:35 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,950,844 times
Quote:
I'll take a shy person over one who acts like a howler monkey any day

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships