Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 04:36 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,770 times

Advertisements

A friend introduced us, we kinda hit it off...been together since
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 11:15 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,778 times
Haven't met him. There's a chance that there isn't one for me. But these are pretty good stories.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:41 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
I met my wife 40 years ago in west Texas. I was an AF serviceman from deep east Texas at the time and was not looking for a wife but there she was. She is still the light of my life and will remain so forever. She is my GI benefit.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,324 times
I really think that the stories are beautiful its makes me remember my own...

I have now 46, I met my wife when she was 18 years old in a December 27, in New York. That day was her birthday, I remember how she smiled at me ... and I ask me innocently to my 29-year old "Is your name Rai?" I wanted to leave the hotel where I was, but I nodded. Then out of nowhere she grabbed my arm and pulled me placing me at his height, and kissed me.

Hahaha ... Now I laugh at that, but I was a little angry at the time, and bewildered.

She went as fast as she came, but not before telling me "My name is Mabel, I have 18 years, live in Manhattan and you'll be my husband"

Haha,You will believe that I lie, even my twin brother did not believe me until he met Mabel, three years later when she was 21 and I 32.

I was married once and that marriage was not the best choice of my life, I had sworn not to marry, but after meeting Mabel and live in the same house with her ​​for a year, I wanted to marry.

She told me that no matter if we married while she lived with me, but let's say I'm a bit possessive and I want her with all of the law.

We lived happily for twelve years. She was the most beautiful thing I had in my life and although we could not have children we adopted what she called our own football team.

So I give this advice to anyone who reads this, if you find your Soul mate do not let it live. We have 100 years to live, to love and to feel.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:34 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,979 times
I'm not married yet. But I do have a close longtime friend that I really care about. We've known each since we were toddlers, probably 3 or 4 years old (our Grandparents were really good friends) but we didn't really become friends until we were 8 years old in the 3rd grade. We had our first kiss at 8 too. She invited me to go over to her grandparents house after school one day, so I went, she told me to close my eyes and she kissed me on my cheek and then later on, she kissed me on my lips. From then on, we were always hanging out and going to each others houses, talking on the phone for hours everyday etc. Our classmates would ask us if we were boyfriend and girlfriend, we would just tell them 'no' and say we were cousins. I guess we were boyfriend and girlfriend? Anyway, we continued our friendship all throughout the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th grades but we sort of grew apart in the 8th grade. Again in the 9th grade and ever since then we've remained great friends. But for the past year and a half, we haven't really "hung out" like we used to because she's working a lot now. So I miss her.

We are both pretty similar in our views and beliefs in things. We're both the same religion and we've dealt with similar experiences at similar times in our lives.

She's always been there for me, we've grown up together and she's a really great person, very pretty too. I am in love with her and have been for over a year now. My feelings for her seem to be strengthening and I'm always thinking about her. Just thinking about her makes me smile and feel better. If you'll note my status say "I love her so much", I'm talking about my good friend.

I want to tell her how I feel about her and I feel like I have to, but at the same time I'm afraid to because what if she doesn't feel the same way about me? It could end our friendship or severely impact it. I don't want it to get to the point where she eventually meets another man and falls in love with him and marry him and ruin our chances of being together because that would literally break my heart.

She did tell me about 7 or 8 years ago when we were 10 or 11 that she loved me. But that was a long time ago, I don't know if she still feels that way.

The thing is, she's never been in a relationship (neither have I). Which is surprising because she's as I said, very pretty and nice and caring too.

I can definitely see us getting married and having children together and I would really love for us to. That's probably my biggest dream and desire.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:39 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
At a dance place. She worked in the "cloak room" and took my coat. Later she came up and told me that I was the nicest looking guy in the whole place and then dashed off and proceeded to ignore me for the rest of the evening.

Two weeks later, after a business trip, I returned to the same place. As I was walking down the street, I saw these 3 "girls" approaching from the other direction. One of them screams out "It's him"! (They were all drunk).

And we did get together that night for a one night stand that has been going on for almost 15 years.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:14 AM

2,050 posts, read 5,943,958 times
Personal ad (way before the internet, match.com, e-harmony.com etc.). I placed the ad, he (along with several others) answered it. Put him first on the list to contact, after 3 meetings/dates gave all of the other potentials to girlfriends. Engaged 5 weeks after first date, married 8 months later and will celebrate year #24 in November.

We both were in our early 30's, educations behind us, each of us financially independent and secure, gainfully employed, shared the same religion and values. The funny story we tell is that we had to have an estate sale before we married because we had to purge/scale down our belongings before moving in together.

Our differences (interests, hobbies and friends) are respected and integrated into the fabric of our lives.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Met my wife on a blind date married 6 months later We have 4 kids and are still married 16 years later
update
make that 21 years

Old 07-12-2011, 06:08 PM

232 posts, read 676,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
update
make that 21 years

Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,354 times
this was a very nice story and testimony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships