Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:14 PM

133 posts, read 296,905 times

Advertisements

I had an excellent first date Monday night. At the end of it she mentioned how her Facebook is restricted and impossible to find but mentioned something about how I'll get to see something "when I Friend you." I found her Facebook on my own and hit Send Friend Request, thinking it would bring up some options. Instead it just sent her a request and now I feel funny. I wanted to just send her a message along the lines of "Ha! Found you!" and am thinking of maybe texting this to her. If I repeal my request, she'll probably be confused since chances are it went to her email already.

I feel like a fool. I'm not sure how to handle it now... Maybe I should call and leave a message explaining that I did it my accident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 02:16 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Depends on how you want to play it. I might say that the "impossible to find" was a challenge and I accept all challenges.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:20 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
Thats weird. I just did the exact same thing... to a tee. Except she didn't say anything about hers being impossible to find, although it was hard to find. She was unsearchable via facebook and I found it another way. Anyway, I just kind of ignored the whole situation and she accepted me. She hasn't talked to me since though.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Caught with your pants down lol. I never creep on a new love interest. The less I know about them and they know about me, the better things organically develop spending time together.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times
I don't see the problem!

Facebook is quite shallow anyway, people befriend others, for all sorts of stupid reasons!

Give it time.

Don't stress.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:48 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
How did you find it? I would do the text "haha found you on facebook!" thing so you don't come across like you were stalking her.

I would do it immediately before she sees the invite and thinks you're a weirdo.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:49 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Yes, call her and explain it to her, and then tell her not to worry because she won't be disappointed by you, and then knock her socks off on the next date!!

Old 07-18-2012, 02:56 PM

133 posts, read 296,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
How did you find it? I would do the text "haha found you on facebook!" thing so you don't come across like you were stalking her.

I would do it immediately before she sees the invite and thinks you're a weirdo.
I looked up her company and found a post she made on it's wall.

I'll probably text "Impossible to find, huh? Never underestimate my Facebook hunting skills in the face of extreme boredom."

Old 07-18-2012, 02:59 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
I wouldn't admit to that. I would let her keep guessing how you found it.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
I had an excellent first date Monday night. At the end of it she mentioned how her Facebook is restricted and impossible to find but mentioned something about how I'll get to see something "when I Friend you." I found her Facebook on my own and hit Send Friend Request, thinking it would bring up some options. Instead it just sent her a request and now I feel funny. I wanted to just send her a message along the lines of "Ha! Found you!" and am thinking of maybe texting this to her. If I repeal my request, she'll probably be confused since chances are it went to her email already.

I feel like a fool. I'm not sure how to handle it now... Maybe I should call and leave a message explaining that I did it my accident?

Try:
Hi, I looked for ten seconds through google and found you. Have a good one, enjoyed the date and of course I left you a propper Friends request. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships