Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:32 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times

Advertisements

This girl hit on me last weekend for knocking over her drink on accident. Even though, I apologized and told the bartender to get her another one on my tab. In all honesty, she hit like a man as well. Fists balled up and the ring digging into my shoulder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Sounds like you might need a body guard, hon...

LOL.

You volunteering?

Old 08-06-2012, 08:58 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Why would anyone want to get hit on. Seems like that would hurt. I for one don't like pain and try to keep away from anyone that would hit me.

On the other hand I love surrounding myself with people that want to spend time with me. They seem to be everywhere and like to find there way toward me. Women must think that my ring is either safe territory or they want what they can not have. I am not sure, but I like it. Still I am a good husband and don't chase after what seems to chase me. I have has a few conversations with some of these girls in a joking way, maybe they thought I was flirting. Maybe I was. One even told me that my wife doesn't have to know. Well she never will because I never will tell her and I never will go out with any chick that thinks it is cool to cheat on my hot little Latina.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:47 PM

93 posts, read 146,633 times
When I was in my 20's - I got hit on alot. The most blatant was a girl that I passed on the street and she yells "Hey!!" to make me turn around. I stop and look back and she's all smiles.

In my 20's I used to get hit on blatantly at work all the time.

In my 30's I got hit on almost as much, but the women were getting a little more subtle.

In my 40's. I don't get approached as much. I've had several women give me "the stare" at work and some even asked me out for drinks. But they do it in a way that gives them an out if I take it wrong. They're not as direct as when I was much younger.

I look back and regret being so non-chalant about those women. I thought those days, they would last forever.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:54 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times
Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,155 times
That is a hard one to answer because I tend to be naive when being hit on (according to friends). I am pretty sociable - when walking my dog I'll stop and say Hi, I work as a receptionist at a car dealer so people stop and bs with me etc. I tend to be outgoing and consider it just basic conversation. I don't always assume just because a guy is making conversation with me that he wants it to lead to something. Although if he's cute usually I trip over my words .

Old 08-07-2012, 03:18 PM

48 posts, read 95,091 times
Very rarely, if at all. I find women are more willing to compliment me and call me beautiful than men. Then again, I'm in a relationship and am usually always with my partner. When I am alone out shopping, it's usually different... I notice more men staring but they don't approach me or anything.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atravelingmind View Post
Very rarely, if at all. I find women are more willing to compliment me and call me beautiful than men. Then again, I'm in a relationship and am usually always with my partner. When I am alone out shopping, it's usually different... I notice more men staring but they don't approach me or anything.
This is what I get. I get a lot of stares, leers and lewd comments...but rarely do I have someone actually come up and start a conversation. I have been getting approached more often lately, but it's been exclusively by men who are my Father's age or older.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:31 PM

48 posts, read 95,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is what I get. I get a lot of stares, leers and lewd comments...but rarely do I have someone actually come up and start a conversation. I have been getting approached more often lately, but it's been exclusively by men who are my Father's age or older.
I hate getting stared at by old creepy men, it's not flattering... it just makes me want to hide. D: I'm lucky no one has ever harassed me. Hopefully that doesn't start any time soon...

Old 08-07-2012, 03:31 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
When I am in Asia, quite often. When I am in the west, it's just not the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships