Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 11:59 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I partialy agree with you, but only in one rare instance. If the guy has a genuine interest in the book youre reading, there is nothing wrong with approaching and asking about it. But in the context of this conversation or CDR talk in general, guys are mostly looking for artificial reason to approach, which is much different, manipulative and unnecessary. If women didnt care about men noticing their appearance, they wouldn't spend so many hours in front of a mirror getting ready or glance at their own reflection while walking by a store window. Yes there are some women that dont do that, and it takes them 5 m onutes and theyre out the door but it applies to vast majority of women who want to appeal to men in a physcial and sexual sense.
Then maybe I am one of those rare ones, considering I generally don't wear makeup or do anything crazy with my hair so I really have no reason to constantly look at myself. In fact, I really get irritated with that type of woman who has to look in a mirror of some sort every 5 minutes to make sure her 'hair is in place'. It's windy, it's never gonna be in place!! I especially dislike when women apply makeup while waiting in line or sitting at a restaurant.

Appealing to men isn't super high on my priority list...it's there, don't get me wrong, but it's not in the top 5. I don't live my life trying to be a sexual object to men, though I don't doubt there are women who do, I know a few
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 PM

464 posts, read 479,163 times
Every once in a blue moon. I'm not approachable at all. I got that "look".

Old 08-14-2012, 12:04 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,721,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Every once in a blue moon. I'm not approachable at all. I got that "look".
Is the look intentional?

Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
That is ALSO a good point. But, I'm putting myself in a guy's shoes for a moment, or at least trying to. If I ever had the desire to go up and start talking to a guy I didn't know that I found attractive, never in a million years would I go up and say, "Hi, I find you very attractive." Think about it...the attraction is OBVIOUS, or else I wouldn't go up to him in the first place. So, it doesn't need to be said. For me, if a guy can't find anything else to say to me besides the fact that he thinks I'm attractive, he's not trying very hard. lol There's always going to be something else that could be said, depending on the circumstances (i.e. where we are at, what we are doing, etc).
You're not putting yourself in a guy's shoes, because a guy wouldn't think like that. For some guys, it would definitely need to be said.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:07 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,200 times
guys can be suckers for flattery too

Old 08-14-2012, 12:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
guys can be suckers for flattery too
I have absolutely no issues telling a man he's attractive..but not as an opener.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:13 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then maybe I am one of those rare ones, considering I generally don't wear makeup or do anything crazy with my hair so I really have no reason to constantly look at myself. In fact, I really get irritated with that type of woman who has to look in a mirror of some sort every 5 minutes to make sure her 'hair is in place'. It's windy, it's never gonna be in place!! I especially dislike when women apply makeup while waiting in line or sitting at a restaurant.

Appealing to men isn't super high on my priority list...it's there, don't get me wrong, but it's not in the top 5. I don't live my life trying to be a sexual object to men, though I don't doubt there are women who do, I know a few
Yes, even though i barely know you from posting here, i had a pretty good idea that indeed you may be the rare exception. Nothing wrong with it either, many guys do find that attractive as well.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 PM

102,182 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Jet scores again! Make-up requires too much fussiness, too much checking in the mirror, touching up, carrying around clutter in the purse. Not to mention the cost. And I wouldn't call you one of the rare ones, J. Just normal.

But...whatever. To each her own.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:28 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
One think I've learned is how little some guys actually objectify themselves, or think of themselves sexually or as a sex object. It was a real eye opener.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Jet doesn't go out of her way to attract attention, but I guess she can't help it...it must really suck, I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships