Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Jet scores again! Make-up requires too much fussiness, too much checking in the mirror, touching up, carrying around clutter in the purse.

But...whatever. To each her own.
I don't carry a purse either

I have a bunch for some reason....but the only time I use one is when I have no pockets, which is a rarity.

I did buy a rather bulky Wonder Woman wallet (one of those hard hinged ones) so I may have to start carrying around a small bag because it won't fit in my pocket easily.

Regardless, I always forget when I wear makeup and end up rubbing my eyes and then my eyes hurt and I look like Alice Cooper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're not putting yourself in a guy's shoes, because a guy wouldn't think like that. For some guys, it would definitely need to be said.
Well, I'm not a guy, so I wouldn't know. Maybe my term "putting myself in a guy's shoes" was not the correct way to say it. I was merely putting myself in the shoes of going up to someone of the opposite sex and telling them they are attractive. If I wanted to talk to them, that's not the line I'd use.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Jet scores again! Make-up requires too much fussiness, too much checking in the mirror, touching up, carrying around clutter in the purse. Not to mention the cost. And I wouldn't call you one of the rare ones, J. Just normal.

But...whatever. To each her own.
I am in the slacker club with you guys. I'll keep some lip gloss in my purse. But my makeup is for appearances. It only makes guesy appearances a few times a year.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Jet doesn't go out of her way to attract attention, but I guess she can't help it...it must really suck, I'm sure.
I'm 6'1 with a large chest. I get plenty of attention but it's rarely good attention. When you have kids telling their parents 'WOW MOM, SHE'S HUGE' all the time, or strangers around you having conversations about your boobs then you can talk.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
For me, the best lines are always situational. Like "how's the coffee?" at the coffee shop. Or "what drink are you getting" at the bar....

Old 08-14-2012, 12:39 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm 6'1 with a large chest. I get plenty of attention but it's rarely good attention. When you have kids telling their parents 'WOW MOM, SHE'S HUGE' all the time, or strangers around you having conversations about your boobs then you can talk.
Yes that too...society definitely judges women more on appearance. What's more, compliments can actually be unhelpful to female self-image, yet it seems OTHER WOMEN are the biggest culprits, constantly fawning over each other and obsessing over their own appearance.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:39 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Women who approach guys never tell them they're attractive. Is someone weren't attractive in some respect, they wouldn't be approached, that's obvious. I talk to guys informally whenever the occasion arises--just chatting to pass the time, as often as not. It would never occur to me to say they're attractive. Generally speaking, attraction happens after I already know the guy somewhat. In a case like that, we're usually both attracted to each other, anyway. Otherwise, I'm usually attracted by a warm smile, no matter what the guy looks like otherwise. I'd never walk up to someone and say, "Hi, you have a nice, warm smile", or something. Doesn't that sound a little ridiculous? That's not how human interaction usually works. I might say that AFTER we've had a convo or two or three, and are clicking. But as an opener? pshhh, get real! That simply isn't how it's done.

Besides, what do you follow it up with? If someone came up to me and said they found me attractive, what do you say, but "thank you"? It's not a conversation opener. I'd be thinking, "yeah, so what else you got? What do you have to offer for a conversation topic?" This is why the weather, or items in your shopping basket, the book you're buying/carrying, ANYTHING that's low-key and respectful works better. "Cool T-shirt! Where'd you get that?" A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G, but a sly smile, roadblock, and comment on physicality. The latter are more like red flags/turn-offs.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
For me, the best lines are always situational. Like "how's the coffee?" at the coffee shop. Or "what drink are you getting" at the bar....
This is the ticket! This is all it takes. So simple, so appropriate, so low-key and relaxed.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
Women who approach guys never tell them they're attractive. Is someone weren't attractive in some respect, they wouldn't be approached, that's obvious. I talk to guys informally whenever the occasion arises--just chatting to pass the time, as often as not. It would never occur to me to say they're attractive. Generally speaking, attraction happens after I already know the guy somewhat. In a case like that, we're usually both attracted to each other, anyway. Otherwise, I'm usually attracted by a warm smile, no matter what the guy looks like otherwise. I'd never walk up to someone and say, "Hi, you have a nice, warm smile", or something. Doesn't that sound a little ridiculous? That's not how human interaction usually works. I might say that AFTER we've had a convo or two or three, and are clicking. But as an opener? pshhh, get real! That simply isn't how it's done.

Besides, what do you follow it up with? If someone came up to me and said they found me attractive, what do you say, but "thank you"? It's not a conversation opener. I'd be thinking, "yeah, so what else you got? What do you have to offer for a conversation topic?" This is why the weather, or items in your shopping basket, the book you're buying/carrying, ANYTHING that's low-key and respectful works better. "Cool T-shirt! Where'd you get that?" A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G, but a sly smile, roadblock, and comment on physicality.
Youre in fantasy land again, Ruth. Plaent Earth is calling you home.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Youre in fantasy land again, Ruth. Plaent Earth is calling you home.
That's funny. The women, and even some of the guys here, agree with me. What planet did you say you're from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships