U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-01-2007, 10:58 AM

3,177 posts, read 10,120,604 times

Advertisements

We are having a new baby in about 6 weeks, I already have a child from a previous relationship

Yup - I'm still scared about this new baby and my snoring husband! WHen you only get 2 hours of sleep at a time and your husband snores through most of it - I have a feeling it's not going to be pretty - and I worry about our relationship beause of it.

He bought an aerobed last week. So he says I have the bed to myself and be comfortable. Well I wasn't uncomfortable as it was, I'm just a light sleeper.

Well since he's been in the other room - I SLEEP GREAT! NO SNORING. The best sleep I've gotten in five years! (that's when we moved in together). I feel like the old me, I don't even feel like I'm pregnant. I go to bed when I want, and leave him in the living room. I read to the sounds of rain, and I'm so relaxed.

I don't wake up ONCE in the night. I used to wake up 5 or 6 times!

Now I realize I'm actually happier without him in the room. I've gotten myself in quite a pickle. I want him back so our relationship doesn't become more like roommates then it actually is (less sex cuz preggo) but on the other hand I dread the day he comes back to sleep in the bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 AM

6,351 posts, read 13,247,427 times
Citygirl72, I have sleep apnea, toss and turn a lot and my "body clock" is set to a totally different time than my wife's. I use a CPAP machine for the apnea. We sleep in seperate bedrooms. We sleep comfortably and it doesn't affect our intimacy one bit (we now have TWO play rooms!) If he hasn't already, hubby should get checked out at a sleep lab. ESPECIALLY if it sounds like he stops breathing when he's snoring. My CPAP machine is pretty quiet so we could probably sleep together, but this arrangement works well for us. Best of luck!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:17 PM

218 posts, read 405,796 times
I've known two couples that went to the two-bedroom approach due to snoring and it literally saved the marriages. As for the intimacy part, I think Crew Chief might be onto something with two "play" areas. Plus, you do have other rooms in your house. There's no rule that says sex has to be at the end of the day, in the bedroom. Morning/ couch or kitchen/table both work really well! But, if you have grown children, then why not go to his room for your intimate time and then sneak back to your own room later?

Old 10-01-2007, 02:19 PM

7,088 posts, read 11,906,645 times
Off subject from snoring but I know of a couple that have a baby. Twice a week, she sleeps in a separate bed to get a good nights sleep, while her hubby gets up with the baby. Seems to work for them.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:33 PM

3,177 posts, read 10,120,604 times
Thanks for the ideas

I can not for the life of me get my husband to do it anywhere but the bed...I've tried. He's just not a sassy kind of guy

Plus our house is TINY. just to get a moment we have to put sesame street on the TV in the living room and go to the bedroom

Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM

6,351 posts, read 13,247,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Thanks for the ideas

I can not for the life of me get my husband to do it anywhere but the bed...I've tried. He's just not a sassy kind of guy

Plus our house is TINY. just to get a moment we have to put sesame street on the TV in the living room and go to the bedroom
I'm thinkin' that one of these days, your hubby will realize that he has a sassy wife and the kids will be old enough to go on trips or spend the night with friends... best of luck to you guys!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:02 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,224,234 times
Have you tried ear plugs, or soft music and head phones to fall asleep?
I know what you mean - you want sleep, but with your hubby. That's a tough one!!
Good luck!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM

9 posts, read 20,008 times
My husband snores but I usually go to bed a couple of hours before him and by the time he comes to bed I'm fast asleep. If we go to bed together then it's trouble because I can't get to sleep. As far as intimacy goes, I find he doesn't snore after sex -- try it!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:58 PM

17,894 posts, read 17,374,010 times
I'm w Criew Chief on this. He needs to be evaluated by a neurologist who does sleep studies.

My husband uses a CPAP machine and it has helped him alot, for years, I slept on the couch. The machine is not loud at all, and if a person does in fact have sleep apnea, or obstructive sleep apnea, there are other health complications.

I sleep in a different house now, so it doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships