Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 09:48 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
The men who can afford to do this don't care. Some men enjoy having an attractive woman sitting across from them at the dinner table, and that it costs a couple hundred bucks isn't a big deal. Here in NYC we are crawling with men who earn a lot, and they simply aren't worried about gold diggers. The only men who worry about them tend to be middle income wage guys, or slightly less. Men with real money know what they are doing - they aren't stupid, which is why they have money in the first place.

For a level-headed man, money is another tool when it comes to dating women. It is no different than being a really attractive woman - a level-headed one isn't worried that men are only interested in the way she looks and instead understands that for a woman looks are her currency in the dating world.

The OP should stop worrying about gold diggers and instead focus on his career.
Sure, superficial relationships with people that have nothing in common.. It's always interesting to see the huge divorced women population in Fairfield county

Old 07-21-2012, 09:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
when i cruise, which is pretty often i get in the hot tub and complain about property management issues and chest pains. if the tub fills up i know what i am dealing with. another fail safe is to carry a small compact mirror if there is no reflection, run.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eartmoth View Post
Anyone have any ideas on how I can casually find out if a person is genuine
or a gold digger without raising any red flags?
I used to have a job that paid me from two different companies.
One check was a modest weekly salary that had a LOT of deductions and child support taken
out of leaving barely enough to live off... and another one was the monthly & quarterly bonus.

It wasn't intentional... but I know that the gold digger type I was dating at the time
saw the paltry checks pay stub that I left out on my desk.

She was gone that day.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:09 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Close your wallet. Male or female gold diggers will flee, and it does work both ways.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:14 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Sure, superficial relationships with people that have nothing in common.. It's always interesting to see the huge divorced women population in Fairfield county

Only broke men believe a relationship in which the male has a lot of money is superficial. You are no different than a fat girl who complains that men who go after the fit ones are superficial.

Let's redefine the word superficial in order to better understand your post:

Superficial [soo-per-fish-uhl] adj - people who reject me in favor of someone richer or better looking

   

Old 07-21-2012, 10:15 AM

826 posts, read 1,893,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Part of the problem with guys that attract gold diggers is that they seek out trophy women and try to impress them with dates to expensive restaurants and trendy resorts and everything else their money can buy -- so they shouldn't be too surprised when they find out the trophy woman was actually only impressed with their money.

You can easily lose the trophy kind of women by not going after the expensively dressed woman and instead find a more self-made woman and don't pay for expensive meals, maybe a date to McDonalds instead and see if she sticks around.
This is a silly test. If a guy asked me to go on a date to McDonalds, I'd drop him. If he does not know how to take a woman to a decent place to eat, then he doesn't need to be with me.
I don't eat junk food, why on earth would you take me there?

Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 AM

826 posts, read 1,893,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Let's be real here.

Most men concerned about "gold diggers" don't have any "gold" to speak of...
I agree with this.
All the guys I know who are on the lookout for gold diggers have nothing to speak of. It is actually laughable. They are also looking for women who would give it up to them for the least amount of effort/expense made on their part.
That's why I maintain I would never date a cheap guy. Never, Ever.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:20 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
If your biggest problem is how to weed out gold diggers- you don't have a real problem.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Simple, don't talk about how much money you have, don't make money the central issue here. Tell them you're a broke busker, that ought to weed a lot of 'em out.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
This is a silly test. If a guy asked me to go on a date to McDonalds, I'd drop him. If he does not know how to take a woman to a decent place to eat, then he doesn't need to be with me.
I don't eat junk food, why on earth would you take me there?
Totally agree. McDonalds? Please. I don't eat fast food ever, which is in part why I can maintain a physical appearance that gets me dates. So I am supposed to eat a plate full of poison to prove I'm not a gold digger?

I can point out tons of restaurants right in Manhattan with entrees costing about $8.00. These places have nice ambiance as well, a perfect choice for a budget date that doesn't feel like a budget. For a man to suggest McDonalds shows he is cheap and more importantly LAZY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships