Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:32 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Hello once again City-Data.........

I am sure you are all growing quite tired of this story, but the story wouldn't actualy be a story without of course, a conclusion. Yes thats right, the story is about to END right here and now.... Read on if you're interested.

So, this girl that I work with, yes her again. She invited me, once again, to go to a party she was having at her house friday before we left work. Ok I said, I'll be there. Text me for the details she said. I said Ok, but you know you actualy have to reply to text messages for that to work you know...{ he said jokingly and dubiously } she said that she would. She then asked " you promise your going to come" I said yes, yes I promise. So the party was today, and Im a man of my word and decided I was going to give this one last try. I texted her to inquire about the details of the party, and she texted me back. Ok, great I thought, lets go, despite my passing on another friends request to do something else.

So I went and made the 1 HOUR trek from my house to hers and everything was going great. Talking, laughing, and meeting new people surely ensued. Everything was fine. Then, up the driveway came a truck, a loud truck of quite a large size, the type of truck only a "bad boy" would drive.... Those of you who are country bumpkins like myself know exactly what I'm talking about.

My new work friend quickly vanished into the shadows. To where? I did not know, but was a little eager to find out. I didn't follow though, and waited for her return. When she did come back, she had a large looking man with her, who obviously worked a long day and was very tired looking. She turned to me and said to him "____, this is my friend from work, Whippersnapper" To me she said "Whippersnapper, this is my......BOYFRIEND......{ insert meaningless name here } WOW folks, can you believe it? Somewhere in the recceses of my mind, I feel I always did. I knew full well I was setting myself up for a fall, but intuition means nothing to a young man I suppose. Later through the night she told me stories of how her and this guy were the on again-off again type and how he'd cheated on her in the past, perhaps to keep the flame of my interest ignited for a future rebound or break-up. At what point though, do I fold the hand? Nows as good a time as any IMHO. Maybe I'll keep her close, just in case a future opportunity arises, but who knows if it ever will.. I made up a fake excuse and got the hell out of there an hour later. She said "see ya monday" I said "ok, see ya monday" and off I went into the night. I just find it quite paculiar that Ive known her for a month, and not once did she make ANY mention of a SO.... whats up with that?

Anyway..... I look forward to a continued friendship but thats about it. Thanks to all my "loyal followers" {lol} who helped inspire me to "man-up" and go for it, even thiough it didn't work out how most of us wanted it to. Your efforts weren't in vain, through this whole thing I think I learned a couple things about myself and some areas I need to change.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 07-21-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Wow. You managed to ask her out several times without her ever realizing you were romatically interested in her! How did you manage that? You have truly mastered the art of being vague and indirect.

Next time, when you ask a girl for a date, why not make your intentions a little clearer, like saying, "would you like to go on a date with me?"

Old 07-21-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wow. You managed to ask her out several times without her ever realizing you were romatically interested in her! How did you manage that? You have truly mastered the art of being vague and indirect.

Next time, when you ask a girl for a date, why not make your intentions a little clearer, like saying, "would you like to go on a date with me?"
Good point, maybe something I need to work on is being a little more direct in my intentions..... I would say that "she never realised it" would be a stretch though. Someone once told me that " a woman always knows"..... One of two things happened here tonight....

1. she wants to play the field or keep me around for some other time should she be available

2. she was subtly letting me know that I have been "friend zoned" Haha, probly the latter.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Your wishy-washiness allowed her to lead you on and then have deniability because you were too vague. If you let people know up front and clearly what your expectations are, you kind of force them to respond with the same directness and clarity. This applies to dating, business and all interpersoinal relationships.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Hate to say it but that was her brother, Bubba. That's an old chick trick when they want you to know they're not interested.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:19 PM

23 posts, read 43,790 times
A women will always make herself available to you if she is interested. I don't care if she is married, has a boyfriend, or dating around. I know because I've dated women who were seeing other men and they still allowed me to get intimate with them. The minute she did not respond to your messages was a sign that she was not interested and just playing you. I don't like it, because a girl played a similar trick on me years back "my boyfriend is here". Make your intentions clear and if she says anything else other than a yes move on.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Hate to say it but that was her brother, Bubba. That's an old chick trick when they want you to know they're not interested.
I knew someone was going to come up with the fake boyfriend thing........ just knew it. Everyone there was calling him her boyfriend so I doubt this is the case.... People who had never met me or even knew I was coming..... She would have had to go to great lengths to pull that one off now wouldn't she?

And if that was her brother, the way she kissed him on the mouth, I'd say she has bigger problems than pesky co-workers hitting in her at work.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:33 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I knew someone was going to come up with the fake boyfriend thing........ just knew it. Everyone there was calling him her boyfriend so I doubt this is the case.... People who had never met me or even knew I was coming..... She would have had to go to great lengths to pull that one off now wouldn't she?

And if that was her brother, the way she kissed him on the mouth, I'd say she has bigger problems than pesky co-workers hitting in her at work.
If his name really was Bubba that wouldn't be all that surprising!

Old 07-21-2012, 11:51 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
lmao. I saw this coming. Sorry man, but that's what a lot of women do with those bad boy types. Can't let'em go cuz they're so...bad.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
lmao. I saw this coming. Sorry man, but that's what a lot of women do with those bad boy types. Can't let'em go cuz they're so...bad.
Bad boyz bad boyz..... watcha gonna do......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships