Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,721,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
What works for one man may not work for the others. I personally think that there is nothing wrong with a woman asking a guy out.

However, as a MAN, I prefer to do the initiating. Ladies can make this process so much easier by just giving a smile, making eye contact, and placing themselves in a position to be approached by the guy.

It's not rocket science. Nobody wants to have to CHASE AFTER a love interest. Just make yourselves available and approachable.
I get what you're saying, but a woman making eye contact & smiling at some guy doesn't really mean much bc she could be flirting without having any interest in the guy. Just checkout the flirting thread from today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,725,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so how do you know if you are attractive to that person or not without asking?

well you don't know if you're attractive to that person or not.... but if you're continually getting shut down, I don't know why people don't take that as a 'clue' that maybe you are approaching people who are way out of your league. And some women just aren't attractive to men in general, I mean, she should know that by a certain time in life. But some women and some men prefer to keep lying to themselves and that's their buisness then. I don't believe that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' garbage anyways.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,614,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I get what you're saying, but a woman making eye contact & smiling at some guy doesn't really mean much bc she could be flirting without having any interest in the guy. Just checkout the flirting thread from today.
I agree. There are a lot of women out there that send false messages. Hard to tell who is serious and who isn't. But, that is a risk that we as men will have to take. Don't think there is a guy alive that has not had to deal with the issue. One thing I do know is that when a woman is really interested she will definitely make it known some kind of way. Ladies please correct me if I am wrong.

I will definitely check out the thread. Thanks for the suggestions

Last edited by usamathman; 08-06-2012 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,194,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well you don't know if you're attractive to that person or not.... but if you're continually getting shut down, I don't know why people don't take that as a 'clue' that maybe you are approaching people who are way out of your league. And some women just aren't attractive to men in general, I mean, she should know that by a certain time in life. But some women and some men prefer to keep lying to themselves and that's their buisness then. I don't believe that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' garbage anyways.

It is though

Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,274,320 times
Quote:
I don't believe that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' garbage anyways.
Come on. As if your friends agree with you all the time when you say X guy is handsome or vice versa.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,670,840 times
Quote:

I AM continually shot down on a daily basis. Its a numbers game. If im only 1% attractive then i have to ask 100 girls out. I dont have a problem doing that and I do. People that know me think im a player or a smooth talker or whatever but I just explain to them Ive probably spoken to more females in 1 week than you have in 1 year. Approach more women, get more numbers its pretty simple to me.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:54 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,274,320 times
Quote:
well that's not true. nothing can really be inferred from a woman never asking a man out, since MOST women don't, but the opposite is a different story.
Yes, it seems MOST women won’t ask men out, take the initiative, and so on. Then you have others who say they ask men out but it ends up being their husband, boyfriend, or a guy that has taken them out for months or years already. Then you have those who say they ask a man but they really just make the guy ask them out by sending hints (play with their hair, clear their throat, giggle, etc.). And then you have the small minority who REALLY ask a guy out just like guys do it all the time. That is, approach that guy they have never talked to before, break the ice, start a conversation, ask for his number and offer theirs, ask him out, pay for his expenses, etc. Small minority but they do exist though. I’ve been asked before but it has been when I live or visit Asia or by an Asian girl outside of Asia.

I had a Latin friend in the USA make me ask her out but she, as a westerner, didn’t want to ask me out. Instead, she send me hints until she just blurt it out “Darn it Onihc! Just ask me out! Don’t you get it?! hahaha!” It wasn’t romance oriented or anything, at least that is how I felt, just a nice friend but I don’t understand what was so difficult for her to simply tell me she wanted to meet me X day of the week at X place or have her pick me up and go eat somewhere.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,151,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I agree. There are a lot of women out there that send false messages. Hard to tell who is serious and who isn't. But, that is a risk that we as men will have to take. Don't think there is a guy alive that has not had to deal with the issue. One thing I do know is that when a woman is really interested she will definitely make it known some kind of way. Ladies please correct me if I am wrong.

I will definitely check out the thread. Thanks for the suggestions
I've always been a flirt - so I think I have probably sent mixed signals to guys before. However, when I am interested in someone - I think I make it pretty clear.

For the record - I'm just as touchy feely and laughy when I talk with women - it just doesn't come off as flirting because I'm straight.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,151,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Yes, it seems MOST women won’t ask men out, take the initiative, and so on. Then you have others who say they ask men out but it ends up being their husband, boyfriend, or a guy that has taken them out for months or years already. Then you have those who say they ask a man but they really just make the guy ask them out by sending hints (play with their hair, clear their throat, giggle, etc.). And then you have the small minority who REALLY ask a guy out just like guys do it all the time. That is, approach that guy they have never talked to before, break the ice, start a conversation, ask for his number and offer theirs, ask him out, pay for his expenses, etc. Small minority but they do exist though. I’ve been asked before but it has been when I live or visit Asia or by an Asian girl outside of Asia.

I had a Latin friend in the USA make me ask her out but she, as a westerner, didn’t want to ask me out. Instead, she send me hints until she just blurt it out “Darn it Onihc! Just ask me out! Don’t you get it?! hahaha!” It wasn’t romance oriented or anything, at least that is how I felt, just a nice friend but I don’t understand what was so difficult for her to simply tell me she wanted to meet me X day of the week at X place or have her pick me up and go eat somewhere.
How is clearing your throat sending a hint? Unless the hint is I have a lot of excess phlegm...

The real issue all the guys who complain about women never asking them out is the fact that OTHER MEN ask women out instead. Honestly - the issue shouldn't be with women. If no guys asked women out - I'm sure more women would ask guys out. But the fact of the matter is - 95% of the time I haven't had to ask a guy out because he asked me out first. So it's really other men that you should be upset with - not the women that get asked out all the time by men.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:07 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,721,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I've always been a flirt - so I think I have probably sent mixed signals to guys before. However, when I am interested in someone - I think I make it pretty clear.

For the record - I'm just as touchy feely and laughy when I talk with women - it just doesn't come off as flirting because I'm straight.
Some women on CD continue to say that they make "clear" that they're interested. Clear to you & clear to Joey could mean two different things. Again, it's about the guy having to discern your "clear" flirting signals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships