Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,606,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I saw her tonight at the gym. She was doing Smith Machine squats and I took the machine next to her to do decline bench press. When she finished her set I asked her name with a smile, told her I see her around alot, told her my name and then we talked about her routine. She smiled and was open. So I went to a different area of the gym to do abs and when she was finished for the night she saw me, smiled and said see you later and have a good night. Since I see her at least twice a week I just wanted to establish contact and go from there. I knew I needed to do this tonight bc her body is sick and I'm so attracted to her. But I didn't ask her to coffee.
Ask her to Jamba Juice instead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 05:02 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,714,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Bravo! A connection has been officially made! You can build up to coffee gradually.
Hopefully she doesn't have a boyfriend. Lately, for the past year or so I've been running into too many that have husbands or boyfriends and for once it would be nice to not encounter that. However, if she does have a significant other there are other options.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Ask her to Jamba Juice instead!
We'll see. Right now I'm just taking it conversation by conversation; not trying to get too far ahead of myself.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:26 PM

1,975 posts, read 2,348,153 times
The best advice I ever got was a friend who said, if you are afraid to approach a woman or don't know what to say, ask yourself what's the worst thing that could happen? She tells you to **** off-your left arm won't fall off, your head won't explode, etc. Sure you are embarrassed for a bit if she reacts like that, but so what? Also, no woman ever said '**** off', they just let me know they weren't interested in other ways (gun, knife). Kidding about the weapons.

This friend told me to treat it all like a fun time; don't put pressure on yourself, just go out and talk to every single girl you see or are interested in and have fun with it. It helped me a lot. Grocery stores, bars, whatever, having a lighter attitude really helped me. And I have some success that way,

Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,496,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I saw her tonight at the gym. She was doing Smith Machine squats and I took the machine next to her to do decline bench press. When she finished her set I asked her name with a smile, told her I see her around alot, told her my name and then we talked about her routine. She smiled and was open. So I went to a different area of the gym to do abs and when she was finished for the night she saw me, smiled and said see you later and have a good night. Since I see her at least twice a week I just wanted to establish contact and go from there. I knew I needed to do this tonight bc her body is sick and I'm so attracted to her. But I didn't ask her to coffee.
This is exactly how you do it. If you know that your going to see the women quite often, then let her get familar to you. Just engage in some small talk to try to find out more info (i.e husband, boyfriend, kids etc...). Be patient, dont rush into asking her out cause you might blow it.

I've done this quite often to women ive seen often but i did not know them. We just became familar to each other. Just be nice and courteous and dont hit on them. Some of them will become curious asking you questions, thats when you make your move.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
This is exactly how you do it. If you know that your going to see the women quite often, then let her get familar to you. Just engage in some small talk to try to find out more info (i.e husband, boyfriend, kids etc...). Be patient, dont rush into asking her out cause you might blow it.

I've done this quite often to women ive seen often but i did not know them. We just became familar to each other. Just be nice and courteous and dont hit on them. Some of them will become curious asking you questions, thats when you make your move.
asking about boyfriends or making small talk is simply a waste of time. bad advice. So what if she has a boyfriend? Almost every girl that does have a boyfriend, is looking for an upgrade anyhow...so why not leave the decision of telling you about it up to her? Small talk is great if youre looking for a freind. Be fearless, confident and sexual all the way through. If she is married or is not into you, you will know within 5 minutes, so you can move on. Life is short as it is.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:49 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,496,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
asking about boyfriends or making small talk is simply a waste of time. bad advice. So what if she has a boyfriend? Almost every girl that does have a boyfriend, is looking for an upgrade anyhow...so why not leave the decision of telling you about it up to her? Small talk is great if youre looking for a freind. Be fearless, confident and sexual all the way through. If she is married or is not into you, you will know within 5 minutes, so you can move on. Life is short as it is.
It depends on what his intentions are. If he's trying to build a friendship first then i would advise him to be a little more patient to find out more info about the women. If he moves too fast then she can be turned off by that. It makes a big difference if she has a boyfriend or a husband.

Remember that their location is the key point. She is working out at a gym not out in a bar. Your approach has to be patient and cautious. And i only advise that because he's going to see her again.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:59 AM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Being in the position of seeing someone regularly at casual venue has the tremendous advantage of time--you can take your time to build a rapport, rather than feel pressured to ask for a number because you don't know if you'll ever see her again. Slow and steady wins the race. This is a perfect example of why the gym does work as a venue, or any regularly-scheduled activity (weekend hiking club, meet-up groups, etc.)

Old 07-25-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
It depends on what his intentions are. If he's trying to build a friendship first then i would advise him to be a little more patient to find out more info about the women. If he moves too fast then she can be turned off by that. It makes a big difference if she has a boyfriend or a husband.

Remember that their location is the key point. She is working out at a gym not out in a bar. Your approach has to be patient and cautious. And i only advise that because he's going to see her again.
That was my thought.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
How would I know if she had a boyfriend or husband within 5 mins? I mean Ive talked to her yesterday & I still don't know if she has a boyfriend, husband, someone she is talking to or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships