Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,291,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
We get it. You're an aging enlightened staunch feminist who rejects her own womanhood and any part of a man using your body to bring his seed into fruition. Do you consider women who choose to have kids breeding "sows"?

yawn, next
SNAP! This is you de-railing your own thread..."I cant imagine why my comments get people off topic"...

Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I am a Christian too, coming from a very religous family and background. The thing that drove me away from practicing my religion, is realizing how close minded, descriminating and stubborn many religous people tend to be when it comes to accepting those of other religions, general life views or sexual orientations. I think spirituality is a huge part of every human being but i cannot stand close minded people and bigots.
Ok my last post on this. Everyone has their own beliefs. Those who believe in the same religion may choose to follow it in a different manner. Every group has the extremists, even atheists. I dont stop believing just because others who share the same religion take it to a level I dont agree with. I believe because it is MY choice.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM

25,426 posts, read 9,762,884 times
90sman quote:
I've wondered that myself. I can understand a person not wanting kids because they don't have enough money or are too old but if it's because you dislike kids and are worried about it cramming your lifestyle, then that's a little bit selfish. What does it say about a person when they don't like kids? We were all kids at one point, it's ridiculous and a contradiction to dislike kids.

To your question 90sman, isn't being selfish usually a problem only when it adversely affects someone else? So if there is no one there, i.e., a child, then who exactly are you acting selfishly against?

Old 07-23-2012, 01:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,248,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
SNAP! This is you de-railing your own thread..."I cant imagine why my comments get people off topic"...
Did he say something? I must have "ignored" it.
Some people think that the only thing women are for is to breed.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,603,152 times
Quote:
We get it. You're an aging enlightened staunch feminist who rejects her own womanhood and any part of a man using your body to bring his seed into fruition. Do you consider women who choose to have kids breeding "sows"?

yawn, next
Oh wow.

Honey, you are NOT helping your cause here spouting this.

I could have some choice words here, but considering I'm in a good mood I'll be nice about this.

The reasons why people choose not to have kids or to get married have been discussed at length numerous times on these forums. A simple search would have sufficed.

However when you start trying to push your views on others, that is when things get skewed and people will butt heads. People who don't want kids or to get married do not try to push their views on others. However I ALWAYS find those who want to get married and have kids will try to push their views on others. They are the first ones to say "Oh, you'll change your mind". Nothing is more condescending than that comment.

That is the issue many are having here. Either have an open mind and accept that we are all different and choose to live our lives according to our own rules, or keep the closed mind on wraps, because it just causes arguments as you've seen.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:54 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,862,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
Here's a legit list of 20 reasons not to have them and 10 reasons to have them.

For the record, I happen to love kids and was raised Catholic. However this was a personal choice that took me 15 years to make.

Jacob Davenport » 20 Reasons Not to Have Children and 10 Reasons to Have Children
Google search... Thanks for your unique and original contribution to this thread. If you have to put together a cost/benefit analysis, you probably shouldn't be having kids.

Look, I understand it isn't something to take lightly or just decide on an impulse one day. But come on, who does this? You either want to have a child of your own or you don't.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:55 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,595,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Ok my last post on this. Everyone has their own beliefs. Those who believe in the same religion may choose to follow it in a different manner. Every group has the extremists, even atheists. I dont stop believing just because others who share the same religion take it to a level I dont agree with. I believe because it is MY choice.
Of course not, my relation to the higher power hasnt changed a bit, but it makes it more difficult to share activities or discussions with those who choose to be judgmental biggots. THis is why i said as far as practicing not as far as my actual belief system.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:55 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,317,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Did he say something? I must have "ignored" it.
Real mature. You need to get over yourself. I know how you always talk and act like you think you're better than everyone. Did I personally attack you or something? No.

Let me ask you guys something, why are you all making such a big deal over this thread and some things a few people said anyway? It's not going to matter in five or ten years from now.

All the OP did was ask a question and look where it's gotten to. A bunch of poster bickering and acting like little kids. Ridiculous.

Last edited by 90sman; 07-23-2012 at 02:05 PM..

Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,164,963 times
Quote:
Google search... Thanks for your unique and original contribution to this thread. If you have to put together a cost/benefit analysis, you probably shouldn't be having kids.

Look, I understand it isn't something to take lightly or just decide on an impulse one day. But come on, who does this? You either want to have a child of your own or you don't.

I hope you put a little more thought into it than that. Having a child is a pretty big deal. Too few people take it as seriously as they should and then wind up having a child that they suck at caring for. It takes more than just gee wiz willekers I wanna be a Dad.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:00 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,862,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
It wouldn't have gotten this ugly if she hadn't brought farm animals into the equation. I questioned whether or not she believed women who bring life into this world are mere breeding stock. Is that how she views her own mother? Or mine? Or yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships