Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Looks like you failed to save humanity. Maybe you can still do something. So with such an idiot and evil filled world what will you do?
I assist children in unfortunate conditions. I build computers and give them away to the needy and some friends and I buy TI calculators and give them away. I also work with in my rugby team to raise money for the sake of unfortunate kids. I usually work with adolescents because I can't stand babies to elementary school kids. I'm too impatient for that. I can do more and and have a better impact by working with children than just creating them which I'm sure many parents have failed to realize. The key is that working with these children is also temporary and I can go home when I want to. Being a parent should be a 24/7 job. I already have a job and a well paying one so there is no reason to not have one which at the very least doesn't pay at all except with dirty diapers.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Oh, I'm a risk taker. I have taken more risks in my life then anyone I know. Some bit me in the a** and some worked out marvelously. I am smart enough to know marriage and kids is WAAAAYY too big of a risk (and involves someone besides myself) to take for me personally though. It's a lifetime risk, with no guarantee of happiness or a happy ending.
Nothing guarantees happiness and a happy ending. Have you ever taken an emotional risk? It's not the same as lets say sky diving. But again it is YOUR choice. Doesn't make you smarter, doesn't make others idiots.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:00 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Oh, I'm a risk taker. I have taken more risks in my life then anyone I know. Some bit me in the a** and some worked out marvelously. I am smart enough to know marriage and kids is WAAAAYY too big of a risk (and involves someone besides myself) to take for me personally though. It's a lifetime risk, with no guarantee of happiness or a happy ending.
Cliche, but I think you underestimate the power of love. I see no such risk, but I've always been a closeted romantic at heart.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Cliche, but I think you underestimate the power of love.
I've been in love multiple times. I don't underestimate it at all. It's changed me for the better and the worse. Its taught me invaluable lessons, but has NEVER EVER changed my mind about marriage and children. Those things involve other people's feelings, lives and well-being. Not something to be taken lightly.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 PM

464 posts, read 479,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
This is why it's so hard for me to "get" why someone who found their perfect partner wouldn't want to have a child of their own.

Yes, perfect partner. And you can't improve perfection.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I assist children in unfortunate conditions. I build computers and give them away to the needy and some friends and I buy TI calculators and give them away. I also work with in my rugby team to raise money for the sake of unfortunate kids. I usually work with adolescents because I can't stand babies to elementary school kids. I'm too impatient for that. I can do more and and have a better impact by working with children than just creating them which I'm sure many parents have failed to realize. The key is that working with these children is also temporary and I can go home when I want to. Being a parent should be a 24/7 job. I already have a job and a well paying one so there is no reason to not have one which at the very least doesn't pay at all except with dirty diapers.
Look at all the things you accomplished. Where would you be if your parents felt it was too illogical to have children? Who would be there to help the people you helped? You can't always use logic or life can never surprise us with small miracles.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Look at all the things you accomplished. Where would you be if your parents felt it was too illogical to have children? Who would be there to help the people you helped? You can't always use logic or life can never surprise us with small miracles.
I'm sure there would be other people to help. I just happen to have the opportunity to help. If my parents never had me. I doubt my non-existence would make as much of an impact as you make it out to be. It's up to the child who has no choice of being here to make something of his or herself. I never asked nor do I want to be here. What can you do? I'm not going to sulk over it nor am I going to hurt my friends by blowing my head off. You make the best out the situation. I'm sure you heard of the saying "Make chicken salad out of chicken s***".

EDIT: To be blatant with you, most of these kids I help shouldn't exist at all. Why? If the parents were smart enough to realize that in their predicament that they shouldn't procreate then you have me spending some of my resources on them. I don't have a problem with what I do but it's a tragedy to witness their problems. If I had a kid it would never be close to them (in terms of the horrendous quality of their upbringing) but even so I don't want one because I'm just one person in one household. There is a world beyond my doors and it's a s***hole.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Yep you need a good partner who is willing to help out.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
People like the Duggarr's are popping out enough kids to compensate for all of us on this thread who choose not to procreate anyways. For every one of us child free folks there are 10 others having kids by the dozen to fill in our weak spot in the chain.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I'm sure there would be other people to help. I just happen to have the opportunity to help. If my parents never had me. I doubt my non-existence would make as much of an impact as you make it out to be. It's up to the child who has no choice of being here to make something of his or herself. I never asked nor do I want to be here. What can you do? I'm not going to sulk over it nor am I going to hurt my friends by blowing my head off. You make the best out the situation. I'm sure you heard of the saying "Make chicken salad out of chicken s***".

EDIT: To be blatant with you, most of these kids I help shouldn't exist at all. Why? If the parents were smart enough to realize that in their predicament that they shouldn't procreate then you have me spending some of my resources on them. I don't have a problem with what I do but it's a tragedy to witness their problems. If I had a kid it would never be close to them (in terms of the horrendous quality of their upbringing) but even so I don't want one because I'm just one person in one household. There is a world beyond my doors and it's a s***hole.
Your just a sack of sunshine aren't you? Umm I see why some people shouldn't have kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships