Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 04:01 PM

161 posts, read 102,444 times

Advertisements

I did "couchsurfing" last weekend (essentially stayed with a stranger) for one night, who was really nice, interesting and very attractive. Although his house was a bit gross and he was one of those hippy types who still smells a bit funky even after showering.

Anyway we got on very well, and I felt like there was sexual tension the whole time. I felt he liked me too. He told me he was poly and in a relationship with a woman in his home town and another woman who lives 9 hours away.

I left one night early (1) because he was making me nervous because I found him very attractive and (2) his house was a bit dirty and smelled weird. It was a weird mixture of desire and disgust about his house. I made an excuse about meeting a friend and left.

I am still thinking about this very attractive stranger who was a terrible slob. I am now staying 2 hours away from him for the next few weeks and would like to see him again. However after that I am moving overseas.

I am thinking I might message him and say that I thought he was not only lovely and interesting, but I also found him attractive to the point it was making me slightly nervous. And say something like, hope you'll take it as a compliment. I'm not expecting anything really as I am moving soon, he already has 2 girlfriends and he may not even like me.

Is a message like that a bit strange? I am always very honest with men and some like it but others don't.

Otherwise I could just not tell him.

Men on this forum, would you want to receive a message like that, or is it too much?

I guess I don't really have much to lose and if he gets back to me to say sorry I didn't feel the same that's OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 04:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony86 View Post
I did "couchsurfing" last weekend (essentially stayed with a stranger) for one night, who was really nice, interesting and very attractive. Although his house was a bit gross and he was one of those hippy types who still smells a bit funky even after showering.

Anyway we got on very well, and I felt like there was sexual tension the whole time. I felt he liked me too. He told me he was poly and in a relationship with a woman in his home town and another woman who lives 9 hours away.

I left one night early (1) because he was making me nervous because I found him very attractive and (2) his house was a bit dirty and smelled weird. It was a weird mixture of desire and disgust about his house. I made an excuse about meeting a friend and left.

I am still thinking about this very attractive stranger who was a terrible slob. I am now staying 2 hours away from him for the next few weeks and would like to see him again. However after that I am moving overseas.

I am thinking I might message him and say that I thought he was not only lovely and interesting, but I also found him attractive to the point it was making me slightly nervous. And say something like, hope you'll take it as a compliment. I'm not expecting anything really as I am moving soon, he already has 2 girlfriends and he may not even like me.

Is a message like that weird? I am always very honest with men and some like it but others don't.

Men on this forum, would you want to receive a message like that or is it too much?

I suppose I don't really have much to lose and if he gets back to me to say sorry I didn't feel the same that's OK.
Yes, weird.

No, don't.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:05 PM

1,210 posts, read 888,712 times
Quote:

Men on this forum, would you want to receive a message like that, or is it too much?

I'd LOVE to receive a message like that. Is that all you're asking? If not, if I were you, I'd forget about Jim Morrison Jr. as fast as possible.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes, weird.

No, don't.
Ha ha. Okay.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
I'd LOVE to receive a message like that. Is that all you're asking? If not, if I were you, I'd forget about Jim Morrison Jr. as fast as possible.
Who's Jim Morrison Jr.?

Old 08-04-2019, 04:24 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Hes a slob, gross & smells bad but you want to have sex with him.

Ok.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Who's Jim Morrison Jr.?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Morrison

Your musty man would be the junior version.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Hes a slob, gross & smells bad but you want to have sex with him.

Ok.
I didn't say outright I wanted sex with him. That's fast forwarding somewhat.

But just saying, if I was going to have sex with him I wouldn't want to do it in his house.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:

I didn't say outright I wanted sex with him. That's fast forwarding somewhat.
So what would be the point of sending him a note telling him he's lovely and you were so attracted to him that it made you nervous?

Especially when you're getting ready to leave the country?

Old 08-04-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So what would be the point of sending him a note telling him he's lovely and you were so attracted to him that it made you nervous?

Especially when you're getting ready to leave the country?
I haven't really thought it through. I'm leaving in 5 weeks.

I don't think I would want to step foot in his house again. It was seriously gross. It smelled like old, wet dog mixed with something mouldy. I couldn't eat anything for the 24 hours I was there I was so disgusted by the weird smell. I am a clean freak.

But I might if he came to visit me. I feel vaguely ashamed writing this. Ha ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships