Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 04:35 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one that thinks this is not right... or that feels slightly uneasy about it?

Dating situation... aka don't know if the relationship is going to stand the test of time...
I mean sure we can all hang out but I don't want my friends talking to the guy I'm dating or vice versa when I'm not around. I like to try and control the flow of information.

Dating situation... aka established relationship
Still feel the same way.

Significant Other
Hmm I still feel the same way.

I mean I've had 3 stalkers and just a general uneasy feeling about imprudent people asking things they should not and blissfully-ignorant people responding when they should not.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 04:38 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,946,208 times
Think you might be reading too far into it. If you are serious enough about a guy to bring him to my house a couple times for parties or to double date with us, then I see nothing wrong with adding him on facebook. I'm not going to sent him sketchy messages, but when I'm coordinating group events through facebook, it's easier to just add the SO rather than have a go-between. If you break up and we aren't truly friends yet, I'll delete the beau.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:30 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Am I the only one that thinks this is not right... or that feels slightly uneasy about it?
Well, as this is C-D your probably not the only one no...

Old 07-25-2012, 02:33 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I think it depends. I have a friend who is a little 'too' friendly, if you will and I would be really irritated if she added a love interest to her FB. She really doesn't understand boundaries and thinks it's 'cute' to send pictures of her 'really cute new bra' to people's boyfriends/husbands to get an opinion on it.

Other than her, I probably wouldn't have an issue with it.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:33 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
thinks it's 'cute' to send pictures of her 'really cute new bra' to people's boyfriends/husbands to get an opinion on it.
Why can't I have Facebook friends like that ?
Mine just post "humorous" pictures of their cats, or tell us what they've had for dinner tonight

Last edited by bobman; 07-25-2012 at 04:16 AM..

Old 07-25-2012, 04:11 AM

1 posts, read 951 times
posting from out of state, trying to help my friend who is distraut. here's his situation. he has been in a relationship with his girlfriend for over 6 months and they have been happy until the last couple of weeks. girfriend all of sudden gets a whim to vacation in Wasilla. original story was she was going to visit old school friend and girlfriend, she hasnt seen this guy since the 7th grade, the end of june the guy breaks up with girlfriend. my friends girlfriend who i will call J, and this guy start to text, talk on FB, now they text on the phone all day, while she is staying at my friends house, telling him how much she loves him and there is nothing between she and this guy. my friend has access to her FB account and has been reading her posts of her moving to AK. she is going to school to be a nurse and has 2.5 years left and hasnt been accepted to any program yet. she and my friend have talked marriage in the next couple of months, and another BTW she hasnt told the guy in wasilla she has a man at home. I have the guys phone number from their phone records, want to call and spill the beans, advice?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:42 AM

254 posts, read 341,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0902 View Post
posting from out of state, trying to help my friend who is distraut. here's his situation. he has been in a relationship with his girlfriend for over 6 months and they have been happy until the last couple of weeks. girfriend all of sudden gets a whim to vacation in Wasilla. original story was she was going to visit old school friend and girlfriend, she hasnt seen this guy since the 7th grade, the end of june the guy breaks up with girlfriend. my friends girlfriend who i will call J, and this guy start to text, talk on FB, now they text on the phone all day, while she is staying at my friends house, telling him how much she loves him and there is nothing between she and this guy. my friend has access to her FB account and has been reading her posts of her moving to AK. she is going to school to be a nurse and has 2.5 years left and hasnt been accepted to any program yet. she and my friend have talked marriage in the next couple of months, and another BTW she hasnt told the guy in wasilla she has a man at home. I have the guys phone number from their phone records, want to call and spill the beans, advice?
Stay out of it. It has absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, to do with you personally. It doesn't matter if it's your friend involved, she has to make her own choices and deal with those consequences.

Heed my warning, I wouldn't do that. It's usually the person thats only trying to be nice and warn someone who almost always gets screwed over in the end. It's going to stir drama, get people pissed at eachother and possibly you, and at the end of it, if she lies to him she could make you look like an a*s for it.

Seen this happen to many times. Seriously, mind your own business and leave her drama alone.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:51 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0902 View Post
advice?
Start your own thread... Oh and use capitals at the start of a sentence.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:10 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post

Dating situation... aka don't know if the relationship is going to stand the test of time...
I mean sure we can all hang out but I don't want my friends talking to the guy I'm dating or vice versa when I'm not around. I like to try and control the flow of information.

Dating situation... aka established relationship
Still feel the same way.

Significant Other
Hmm I still feel the same way.

I mean I've had 3 stalkers and just a general uneasy feeling about imprudent people asking things they should not and blissfully-ignorant people responding when they should not.

Thoughts?
The relationship is doomed. Dump your friends.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:47 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Simple. Delete your FB account and all these problems will fade away, and you may even get back a "real life"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships