Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:52 PM

331 posts, read 603,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northfleet View Post
You are entitled to your choice...if you don't want to be with a single mother then you shouldn't be. Problem is as you get older, logically the pool of women without children decreases. Personally I would rather not get involved again in a long term relationship with a woman with children. I say this for the following reasons (I know I'm going to get bashed for this but it's the truth from my own personal experience)

1. You will NEVER be the birth father and the children especially if they know/love their father will remind you of this fact.

2. I'm sure you've seen it on so many profiles "My children are my life" "My kids come first" guess what that means? You come after her children, herself, baby-daddies (that actually care) So if you are lucky you mite come 4th down depending on how many kids she has LOL. Reminder also these children with ALWAYS be HER children and NOT yours...after you put your heart...soul...and hard earned money into helping to raise these children, she can suddenly leave you and take them with her! (yep that happens) and you are left nothing but heartbreak.

3. The REAL father (if he cares or not) will always be in the picture adding his influence, have you ever tried to discipline..try it lol guess what response you will get"YOUR NOT MY FATHER" "I WANT TO TALK TO MY REAL DAD" Yep that happens too trust me.

Now defense of single mothers It's almost never the plan to be single mother. If the child wasn't accidental and kept, most single mother have had their dreams and heart broken by chicken-sh-t men and out right jerks. So don't assume it's their fault their fault that they are alone with children

^^Hey, your honest and that's great that you recognize these things, so that you don't waste your (or her) time, on a woman with child(ren).
I do understand your reasons....and for anybody that has been in a "stepparent" role(weather married or not) has experienced at least one of the above situations.

But, I must say..some situations are different, if "dad" has never been involved, or around, one would have less of the "your not my dad" or drama with the biological sperm donor(in some cases that is truely how it played out). In some cases the child(ren) attach quickly to the opposire sex. Regardless, it is tough when the situation ends b/c more people are affected besides the two adults, and many times, a lot of time and feelings have been invested for the children whom you now feel are being "ripped" from you, and the child(ren) could feel the same!

Best wishes to you!!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:56 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,427,156 times
What the heck ? a single mother with multiple kids by multiple fathers just says to me she has no self respect. Firstly make him wear a condom (you don't know where hes been) secondly use contraception take control of your own body fgs !!

Old 07-25-2012, 01:08 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
Yeah I'd like to see some data for that.

"Originally, Medicaid categories were defined by welfare recipient status, but this began to change in the mid-1980's and ceased completely with the passage of welfare reform in the mid-1990's. Over its history, the Medicaid program has changed from a program to provide health insurance to the welfare population to a catch-all program that provides health and long term care services to around 40 million people at a cost of $170 billion dollars to federal and state governments. As of 2000, Medicaid was the source of health care insurance for one in four American children and covered 40 percent of all births."

Medicaid (Encyclopedia of Everyday Law) - eNotes.com

As of 2010 this was 53%. I will need to find that research again, but you can see it was trending up even back in the year 2000 @ 40%.

Why worry about fathering a child when the government is taking on responsibility.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:05 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
So they should be miserable and whining that life didn't work out the way they wanted it to?

I don't really understand, how are they supposed to act on a dating website as a single mother? Are they supposed to act desperate for someone? Are they supposed to act like they hate their situation and/or their child?

It is disturbing to me that you can't understand why someone would want to make the best of their situation, especially being that a child's life will be impacted.
Apparently, they aren't supposed to be looking for love.

OP, if you don't like em, don't date em. Really no reason to hate.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:48 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Quote:
It seems that about 8 of every 10 profiles I look at on a dating websit, it is a single mother.

I could understand if they were in their late 20's early 30's and were in a LTR or divorced. But I see an overwhelming 19-13 y/o's with kids, and they have no clue what a LTR even is.

there was one on here, that was 19, with a 5 y/o, you do the math.

Is it so hard for women not to have kids? I am 27, and I have none.(that I know of-lol)
This is true on pretty much any any online website. That is why they are there. It it very hard for them to find a guy because they have 1 or more kids.

They should not have slept with that bad boy in high school or early 20s so where are father's now?

Why don't they take responsiblity?

Most likely they rejected that geek who was smart in high school and/or college and went for the bad boy and had kid(s).

Now these women are in their late 20s and early 30s and want the same geek they rejected 10 years ago.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:20 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
This is true on pretty much any any online website. That is why they are there. It it very hard for them to find a guy because they have 1 or more kids.

They should not have slept with that bad boy in high school or early 20s so where are father's now?

Why don't they take responsiblity?

Most likely they rejected that geek who was smart in high school and/or college and went for the bad boy and had kid(s).

Now these women are in their late 20s and early 30s and want the same geek they rejected 10 years ago.

Because only bad boys get girls pregnant? Yeah, nope.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I hate to say it, but even a long long time ago when I was single, I had a really really rough time meeting women in their early mid 20's that didn't have kids, I had a GF that had a young son he was around 4 or 5 and I gotta say, it just sucked, we couldn't just pickup and do stuff, she could never stay overnight, I had to always drop her off back at home, so she could be with her child in the morning, I don't begrudge the kid, he was about as good a 4 yr old as you can ask for, honestly, it's just when your 22 or so, you just don't wanna deal with that sorta thing, you wanna be fun and carefree, not restricted to doing shyt that old married people do....

Old 07-25-2012, 05:50 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,221 times
It is not surprising.

Women even with children do not need men anymore, since the state and federal government taxes everybody (including those without children) in order to pay for the end result of other people's orgasms.

Why would a single mother need to be with a man - especially to raise the chidlren when the state and federal government provides:

01 free educations for the kids K-12 paid for by tax dollars
02 food stamps
03 housing assistance
04 tax deductions for child care and/or child care vouchers
05 additional tax exemptions for having kids
06 earned income tax credits (more free money as a reward for F-ing and having kids)
07 an entity (office of child support enforcement: paid for with tax dollars) that pursues men
that were unfortunate enough to have an orgasm with said single mother(s) and secures
part of their income for them.

And lets face it. It is cool now to be a "single mother" and take care of your kids alone without a man and force the world to make believe they feel sorry for you and praise you for doing so much on your own (minus all of the free money and stuff that the state and federal government provides to pay for the end result of a single mother's orgasm or orgasms)

Then they get to get rid of daddy and keep having sex with as many men as they want and making more babies.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:02 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
I wonder how many men on dating sites reveal that they have children and if they pay child support? I doubt many would be willing to discuss it, we don't hear much about it on this forum.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:26 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
It's disturbing to me at least to see so many single mothers so young on dating website and they seem perfectly content being a mother at such a young age. Maybe it's just me and my old fashioned views of having kids after say 25.
They are content at being a mom at a young age due to basic biology. They became pregnant at their most fertile points of their lives, and upon giving birth, nature kicked in and made the whole process a loving event which makes them feel contented. This is normal. You aren't old fashioned, you just don't understand the basic biological differences between men and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships