Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 07:04 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,427,612 times

Advertisements

Doesn't everybody get angry when people won't date them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 07:06 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You want people to put up with your shyte, but you don't want to put up with theirs. It colors you as an ass. My brother was the same way. He had Chrohn's disease (very bad case) and would never consider dating anyone with a medical condition. I loved him, but he was an ass. Maybe it comes down to hypocrisy? We're all hypocrites to some degree, tho.
Yeah, the OP has got a real set to post that, it sorta irked me and I don't even have kids....

Old 07-26-2012, 07:16 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times
not sure in general but its pretty ridiculous that you have 2 kids but dont want to date men with 1

Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemomiscool View Post
I've had a number of guys with children approach me and I am very upfront in saying thank you, but no. I am not interested in a relationship that involves children.(although I have two children myself) Why do they need to e-mail back and get nasty about it? I wasn't putting you down for having them, they just aren't meant for my lifestyle.
I suppose it is just the same as people getting upset that people with children won't date people without, or any other thing....

Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Doesn't everybody get angry when people won't date them?
Yep! Angry, hurt, depressed, cranky, frustrated, and so much more. Lol
It sucks.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:52 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
I understand exactly what you are saying. I wouldn't think of dating a single mom like yourself, no matter how smart or good looking you are. You have two kids, that is a total deal breaker for me.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:21 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
I've had a number of guys with children approach me and I am very upfront in saying thank you, but no. I am not interested in a relationship that involves children.(although I have two children myself) Why do they need to e-mail back and get nasty about it? I wasn't putting you down for having them, they just aren't meant for my lifestyle.

that's fine and all, they wouldn't date you if you were a single mother and they didn't have kids....but anyways a lot of the parents get angry b/c usually the person is saying something else too besides 'no thanks.' usually they're putting down their lifestyle & putting themselves on a pedestal for not being in that situation, as well as rejecting them.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:32 AM

254 posts, read 341,504 times
Quote:
I don't get angry when I'm turned down for dates because of being a mother. Of course (in my head) I think it's dumb that someone is going to hold the fact that I had a past before they came along against me, but whatever. I don't care. That's their choice.

As a single mother, I personally prefer not to date single fathers either. I know, that makes people like me and the OP seem selfish but the thing people don't understand is: Some times we can not handle more children than just our own that we have at the moment. I know a couple of single dads who think like this too and they refuse to date single moms. But we also know, we have to bring something really positive to the table if we hope to date childless partners. And usually... we do.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:50 AM

545 posts, read 908,766 times
Maybe single moms should stop worrying so much about dating and put that energy into raising their children. The kids are already dealing with a less then optimal situation.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:56 AM

254 posts, read 341,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Maybe single moms should stop worrying so much about dating and put that energy into raising their children. The kids are already dealing with a less then optimal situation.
Does a mother's life just stop because she had kids and the guy decides to split? No it doesn't. I think if you're responsible, take care of your children and all of the needs you both have, then if the single mother wants to date that's completely okay and up to her.

The don't date and worry about the kids only idea is completely outdated anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships