Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 04:33 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
careless people get AIDS. people that sleep around get AIDS.
So I guess we'll just ignore the unlucky people who got it from blood transfusions, accidents at work, and infected mothers.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:36 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
careless people get AIDS. people that sleep around get AIDS. 20% of AIDS carriers dont tell their partner.
i dont think so.
Pure ignorance at it's finest right here, folks.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:39 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Pure ignorance at it's finest right here, folks.
How is it ignorant? It's the careless that get AIDS. If you protect yourself, your risk is 0 as a heterosexual and very slim as a homosexual. Wrap it up and you won't get AIDS, don't stick needles and you won't get AIDS.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:41 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
How is it ignorant? It's the careless that get AIDS. If you protect yourself, your risk is 0 as a heterosexual and very slim as a homosexual. Wrap it up and you won't get AIDS, don't stick needles and you won't get AIDS.
I'd further explain why that other comment is pure ignorance, but I'd rather not waste my time.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:51 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
It's one thing to talk about protecting yourself from HIV in today's time, but the point is that there are people who currently have it and contracted it through no fault of their own. There are people who got it back in the 80s who are still alive today. If your husband/wife cheats on you and infects you, is that your fault?

Old 07-27-2012, 05:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Break it off because he wasn't honest from day #1! Has nothing to do with the disease and everything to do with covering up the truth. Trust is everything.
You obviously don't have a disease or disorder. I do, and although it's genetic and non-communicable it's still extremely stressful to tell a potential partner. So far, I've only had 2 men stick around after I told them, the rest disappeared. Is it their prerogative? Sure. Does it hurt horribly? Yes. I can't even imagine having something communicable if men aren't even willing to stick around with something they absolutely can't catch and doesn't affect them in any way.

Quote:
Inquiry on AIDS Dentist Finds Unsettling Pattern - New York Times

Going to the dentist is now careless.

When I was younger, the medication I took was derived from chord blood. There was a small chance that I could acquire any blood born diseases including HIV or Hepatitis. I was tested every three months until I was in my late teens and they switched to a synthetic medication. I guess people who get HIV from transfusions or medication are careless as well.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:05 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
Like the people who got HIV because they made a mistake somehow deserve it? Who cares HOW a person contracted it? I'm glad everyone has been snow white their whole lives and never ever screwed up in anyway. Hoping you all get what I'm saying. The stigma of HIV is one of its strongest allies.

Would you date someone with Hepatitis? Herpes? HPV? All are far easier to transmit than HIV.

With that said, I am a gay man and have dated three guys who were positive. Not everyone is comfortable with it, and I can understand that. Great guys they are, and I'm glad I didn't miss out on them due to fear.

FWIW: A 25 year old diagnosed with HIV today in US or Western Europe has a similar life expectancy and quality of life similar to that of non-infected 25 year olds. It's a dangerous virus, but treatable; and getting more so all the time.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:43 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
I hope that he told you he was HIV+ BEFORE you began being intimate. I don't think I would continue the relationship, it would be too scary to me. I would always be worried and wondering if I had contracted it. I can't help but wonder if he is so wonderful, barely drinks etc. how he got it to begin with? That would make a difference to me as well, was he an IV drug user, did he sleep around a lot, was he with a man or what.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times
Good god...

Some of you ladies would have to "think" about seeing a guy with HIV???

Despite the face that it's exponentially easier for a man to pass it to a woman than a woman giving it to a man???

Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times
Quote:
Heterosexual men are at the lowest risk for catching HIV.

To catch HIV as a heterosexual you have to practically sleep with tens and hundreds of thousands of people to catch it.

Bisexual men, homosexual men, IV drug abusers and the people who sleep with these people are at the highest risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships