Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 03:07 PM

102,074 posts, read 107,051,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Reason to commit? Why do men need a reason?
When men find the right woman, they can't commit fast enough. The woman who's a firecracker in bed AND is nice, sweet, and intelligent is the fish they don't want to get away.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:12 PM

254 posts, read 340,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
When men find the right woman, they can't commit fast enough. The woman who's a firecracker in bed AND is nice, sweet, and intelligent is the fish they don't want to get away.
I can't agree enough with this lol

Old 07-28-2012, 03:12 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,637,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
what, do I lie? nope, thats the truth.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:14 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,503,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
what, do I lie? nope, thats the truth.

Not all good looking guys are players.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:15 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,175,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're still assuming that all men have no interest in marriage. There are plenty of men who want a loving LTR. Take for example that new member here who posted that all his friends in LA were already married and had kids by their late 20's. How does that figure into your "wise man's" theory? What about where Jet Jockey lives, where she's considered over the hill in her late 20's, because most women her age are married? If the women are married, they're married....TO somebody, a guy. I guess you think the wedding announcements page of all the local newspapers around the country are faked?

I never said "all men" don't have interest in marriage. I said most men don't, especially in 2012.

U.S. marriage rate continues decline; men tie knot later - Washington Times
Marriage Rate In America Drops Drastically etc

Part of the reason they wanted to get married in the first place was because of all the benefits marriage entails. Once men figured out they didn't NEED to put a ring on a womans finger for any of those benefits then it was a wrap.

Not all women will have sex before marriage, or live with him before marriage, or even have his child before marriage. But there's so many women now who will it offsets all the ones who won't. Thus decreasing what you can demand

Old 07-28-2012, 03:17 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,701,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I never said "all men" don't have interest in marriage. I said most men don't, especially in 2012.

U.S. marriage rate continues decline; men tie knot later - Washington Times
Marriage Rate In America Drops Drastically etc

Part of the reason they wanted to get married in the first place was because of all the benefits marriage entails. Once men figured out they didn't NEED to put a ring on a womans finger for any of those benefits then it was a wrap.

Not all women will have sex before marriage, or live with him before marriage, or even have his child before marriage. But there's so many women now who will it offsets all the ones who won't. Thus decreasing what you can demand

yes the ones that will do anything to get a man ruin it for the ones of us that wouldn't. but hey, that's the way it is now. nothing can be done about it besides change yourself to fit what others want or stay or yourself and be alone, date less then others or however you want to phrase it.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:22 PM

102,074 posts, read 107,051,957 times
Your links don't discuss the drop in marriage rate as having anything to do with men's preferences, they just state that people are getting married later. That doesn't prove anything. Women are getting married later because education and career opportunities have opened up for them so much. So what? What's any of it got to do with your theory that men aren't getting married because they're getting all the goodies without marriage? These articles don't relate to your theory at all. Try again.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:22 PM

464 posts, read 477,947 times
Quote:
Women need a reason to commit too. there are plenty of 5'4" unemployed fat guys ready, but we dont want them...
We? YOU don't want them but there are a lot of women who do. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,548,898 times
Quote:
No, not at all. Have standards (that dont pertain to status) and stick to them. Yes you may date less, but those you do date will be of higher quality. Its only high status guys who are.banging all of these women. If you are on a date and the guy is hotter than usual, or richer than usual, you are probably about to get.played.
I've never dated a 'hot' guy, or a rich guy. The men I've dated have been decidedly average or below average, and I've only dated one man who made more money than me. Those guys are still players and still have ridiculously high demands.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:28 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,229,870 times
Hmm, by this theory, I would not have ever been married. I was madly attracted to my husband. Took us a year of just looking at each other, before we really "went out". We went out for ice cream. That cone was the best cone I ever had...and it lasted forever. We walked home, he said night to me, and went back to his place across campus.

He did not ask me to his room, and I am pretty sure he was attracted to me. I did not invite him in either...ah..the wonderful time of dating 40 years ago. It was so much simpler back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships