Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
That's cool. I can only speak about my own experiences and it's my personal belief that my chances of finding an eligible black man are no better than my chances of finding an eligible white/non-black man. Actually, I pretty much never come across any eligible black men and I haven't dated one in 7 years.

well I agree that your chances of finding either race of man is slim because black men like white and Hispanic, light skinned women, and white men like the same. LOL

Old 07-30-2012, 07:15 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,103,591 times
That's ridiculous! Do you open your eyes when you move about in NJ??

Old 07-30-2012, 07:15 PM

16 posts, read 22,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
Black female/White male relationships are among the least common interracial relationships in America. Seeing Black women paired with anything else but Black men is rare in America. It is even somewhat rare to see a Black woman with a non Black Latino man in many cities across America. Especially in Chocolate cities where Latino men are pretty much statistically insignificant (i.e. DC, Baltimore, Detroit etc.). But you are more likely to see a Black woman with a White man than see a Black woman with an Asian man. However, these types of interracial relationships are more common in some cities than others. I have seen Black female/White male couples in Philly, DC, Baltimore, NYC and San Francisco. In Center City in Philadelphia, seeing a Black woman with a White man is actually very common. In DC, Black females with White men seem to be on a slight rise in the nicer side of Northwest DC.

Interracial relationships, period, are becoming more socially acceptable with every passing day in America. Many large metro areas are becoming more integrated every year as Whites gentrify big cities and Blacks from the city suburbanize. Whether you admit it or not, Barack Obama is the product of an interracial relationship. I, myself, am also the product of an interracial relationship. Tens of thousands of single Black women, and probably much more, in America are open to the possibility of interracial relationships. Just browse any local dating site for proof.
do you mean that those pairings are not rare only in some parts of very few american cities?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
That's ridiculous! Do you open your eyes when you move about in NJ??

who are you talking to me? I live in NJ and contrary to popular belief I've been in other places as well. And in case you didn't bother to read: I never said impossible. I said unlikely, either way I stand by what I said seeing as I'm a dark skinned black woman and experienced these things and all.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 PM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's not true.

the truth of the matter is most white men do not date black women, so why should we bother over men that aren't likely to be interested in the first place. that's how most see it.
I never have but I would and almost did. I think you are right that most wouldn't be interested.

I kind of hate to bring this up but I had a date lined up with a black women about 2 years ago. It was the only time in my entire life that I was stood up. True story.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:18 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well I agree that your chances of finding either race of man is slim because black men like white and Hispanic, light skinned women, and white men like the same. LOL
So in that case, it's no more futile for black women to go after white men than it is for them to go after black men, so the best thing to do would just be to go after what you want and not worry about the odds. If you choose to go after nothing, that's fine too.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:19 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,899,548 times
Yes, many times. Have you been living in a small country town all your life?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:19 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,545,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
if you're a top notch Black chick, you'll eventually stumble across a number of top notch Black men. I can't think of any top notch Black women who had/have problems finding high quality Black men.

There are plenty of them out there. Trust me. They are pretty, graduated from schools like Yale, Wellesley, Duke, Stanford, etc. They are lawyers, CPAs, executives, doctors, etc. Yet many had (are having) a hard time finding topnotch black men. Things don't always work out like you'd expect.

The main problem these women have is the intimidation factor. They are attractive, well-educated, and successful. While this is a problem for beautiful, successful women in any group, it's especially harder for black women because there is an unfavorable ratio of men to women in this demographic.

A lot of them wind up with SOs who have a lot of baggage, or who are not at their level of accomplishment.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:21 PM

16 posts, read 22,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Yes, many times. Have you been living in a small country town all your life?
in which american city do you live ?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 PM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why do you want to know?
OP, could you please answer her question? I wouldn't mind confirmation that this topic is real.

I was wondering why as well. Are you afraid what people might say or think because you are with a black women in public?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships