Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 05:42 PM

254 posts, read 341,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
No offense, but you are a single mother most likely in your 30's-40's. Of course that demographic likes nicer guys. If you were an attractive 21 year old with no kids, I would almost guarantee that you wouldn't go for the nice guy type who is scared to kiss a girl after 4 months.
Wrong. I'm 24 sunshine. I just have a better mentality than a lot a folks my age (especially the boys). And that's not a dig or saying I'm better by any means (before you try to take it to the extreme here), but guys in my age group think with that sort of messed up mentality that you have. This is why I like talking with older guys (in their mid to late 30's) a lot of this mentality is gone by this point. They're up front yet a lot more respectful.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:22 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
I guess people can do what they feel comfortable with, different strokes for different folks, I respect the wishes of all the women I date; if I can;t "live with it" I move on maturely to someone who I'm more comfortable with, no harm . I guess I'll never understand all these "rules and deadlines". Shouldn't simple common decency and solid communication be enough? BTW I have to laugh at the sterotype that American men want a bunch of meek, docile, and submissive foreign women to dominate LOL. I'm having a great time with a 4' 10" 90 lb spunky, feisty, funloving Aussie girl

Old 08-05-2012, 01:34 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
That's 100% false. Guys can somewhat make up for looks with money and personality, but looks are still the focal point of attraction. The better looking a guy is, the more he can get away with. For example, a guy who rates a 9/10 in the eyes of most women will do extremely well with women even if he has no job and still lives at home with his parents. They may not look to him for a serious relationship, but he'll likely have no problem sleeping with them or having a fling. On the other hand, a guy who rates a 4.5/10 in most womens eyes better have a great job, a great personality, and his own place if he wants to get anywhere with them.

Very true to some extent.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:52 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
they aren't going to wait around for 10 days let alone 90, they will just move on to another woman. They want what they want and don't care and don't think they should have to wait for their 'needs.' Best thing to do is do what you want as woman and don't let them force you into anything just because they want to. Who cares what they want.
I don't know what kind of guys you know or date, but not all of us have so many options that would have us move on to another woman if there was no sex by day 10. I think some women just assume guys are randomly hooking up with woman ALL THE TIME. Some guys can, but I believe that is the 10% of guys out there that get 90% of the attention from women.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:23 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I don't know what kind of guys you know or date, but not all of us have so many options that would have us move on to another woman if there was no sex by day 10. I think some women just assume guys are randomly hooking up with woman ALL THE TIME. Some guys can, but I believe that is the 10% of guys out there that get 90% of the attention from women.

The guys I'm talking about are the ones that have displayed the behavior I mentioned in the previous post. I didn't pull it out of my behind, you know. Most of them WILL move on, if you claim to not be one of them, fine. Some guy on here already mentioned it: in today's world there's more women then not willing to sleep with men in a "timely" manner, since it's become 'no big deal' to most of these people -- so obviously they're not going to waste time on the ones that take too long for them. I agree with that statement because I've seen it play out like that.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
The guys I'm talking about are the ones that have displayed the behavior I mentioned in the previous post. I didn't pull it out of my behind, you know. Most of them WILL move on, if you claim to not be one of them, fine. Some guy on here already mentioned it: in today's world there's more women then not willing to sleep with men in a "timely" manner, since it's become 'no big deal' to most of these people -- so obviously they're not going to waste time on the ones that take too long for them. I agree with that statement because I've seen it play out like that.
The only guys that do this behavior that you have seen is most likely the actions of players.
It is too bad that this is the behavior that you think all men live their life by.

I don't think that the lack of sex in 10 days or less is the issue. I am sure that most guys would persue a relationship with a woman that they clicked with, as long as enough effort was contributed by both parties. Regardless of whether or not there was sex in 10 days.

If a guy is truely interested in a woman, they don't move on after 10 days. I can tell you this because I am a man, and I have dated women longer than 10 days without sex. And this is MY experience.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:00 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,657 times
I don't have a hard and fast rule on how many dates I'll go on without a girl having sex with me. But after a few dates, I need to, at the very least, be able to foresee some sexual activity in the future. She has to give off cues of attraction and the logistics need to be there too (this is very underrated). By logistics I mean what are our living situations and schedules? If we can only see each other on Friday nights, but she has to be up early on Saturdays for example, then it's a lot harder to foresee sex in the future. Also, if she lives with the parents then that almost always turns me away (I'm 33 and yet still run into this problem a lot with girls these days).

For example, I've gone on 2 dates with a girl recently, and we kissed a little, danced a little (freaked, as they say haha), and basically gave off signs of obvious attraction to each other. But so far, nothing beyond that has happened (haven't gone to either person's apartment yet). She definitely has me interested in date 3 (plus she even paid for the 2nd round of drinks on the 2nd date), whereas if the kissing & dancing didn't happen, I'd probably just move on to someone else...or nobody else (which is better than spending money on dates with a girl that go nowhere).

So in summary, I will definitely move on after a couple dates if the girl doesn't give off any sexual attraction or flirting that at least allows me to envision sex in the future. I mean if it's not there after 2 dates, it's probably not gonna be there on date 3, 4, 5, or 6...so it's move on time.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:35 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
In general terms:

If I was seeing a guy once a week for 90 days, probably not. That's not much of a relationship.

If I was seeing a guy 5 days a week for a month, yeah probably.

I'm not fond of arbitrary rules, every situation is different.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
I don't have a hard and fast rule on how many dates I'll go on without a girl having sex with me. But after a few dates, I need to, at the very least, be able to foresee some sexual activity in the future. She has to give off cues of attraction and the logistics need to be there too (this is very underrated). By logistics I mean what are our living situations and schedules? If we can only see each other on Friday nights, but she has to be up early on Saturdays for example, then it's a lot harder to foresee sex in the future. Also, if she lives with the parents then that almost always turns me away (I'm 33 and yet still run into this problem a lot with girls these days).

For example, I've gone on 2 dates with a girl recently, and we kissed a little, danced a little (freaked, as they say haha), and basically gave off signs of obvious attraction to each other. But so far, nothing beyond that has happened (haven't gone to either person's apartment yet). She definitely has me interested in date 3 (plus she even paid for the 2nd round of drinks on the 2nd date), whereas if the kissing & dancing didn't happen, I'd probably just move on to someone else...or nobody else (which is better than spending money on dates with a girl that go nowhere).

So in summary, I will definitely move on after a couple dates if the girl doesn't give off any sexual attraction or flirting that at least allows me to envision sex in the future. I mean if it's not there after 2 dates, it's probably not gonna be there on date 3, 4, 5, or 6...so it's move on time.

Just curious here. What kind of time frame did these two dates occur? Once a week? Once every other week? Two dates in the same week?
I ask, cause I recently went on two dates with one person. But we were on a once every other week kind of rotation. WIht that much time passing by, and not much communication in between dates, I got bored.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:14 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Just curious here. What kind of time frame did these two dates occur? Once a week? Once every other week? Two dates in the same week?
I ask, cause I recently went on two dates with one person. But we were on a once every other week kind of rotation. WIht that much time passing by, and not much communication in between dates, I got bored.
The dates were within 6 days of each other, with a decent amount of texting in between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships