Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 11:21 PM

115 posts, read 256,440 times

Advertisements

WOW. just wow.
I just read this whole thread, and most of the male posters' responses here I found disgusting!
Most of you men sound like ALL you really want from a woman is sex. WTF
OH Yeah, that'll go a looonng way in a LTR
Don't you men value honesty, respect, trust, companionship, and communication in a relationship??
Guess not.

Ya know, the values/morals we had back in the 'old days' are what helped keep things sane and civil. (People sometimes dated for YEARS, and waited til they were married til they had sex. And they didn't get divorced at the drop of a hat.)
Now look at today's world... lots and lots of single parents struggling to raise children, STDs running rampant, men angry because they owe child support, abortions and sometimes life-long guilt afterwards, lots of children living in poverty, lots of moms on foodstamps, men in jail because they thought with the wrong head, etc etc etc... MOSTLY caused by men who wouldn't wait, and the weak women who allowed it!
Think about it... if there weren't any women who slept with men after only a few dates, men would shape up and start respecting women, and NOT expecting sex so soon! DUH
But, it's too bad, we can't turn back the clock now, and I'm sure the morals/values in this country are just gonna keep going down down down.....

What I've learned from this thread AND from real life is:
In the dating world, most men are shallow. and most women are not.

And I honestly feel sick to my stomach if the males' posts on this thread are the way most men think/feel today.

(can you honestly say you'd encourage your sweet little sister to jump into bed with a man after only 2 or 3 dates???)

Old 08-06-2012, 08:15 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivation12 View Post
Just wondering.....

Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex? Men what do you think? Would you wait for that woman or would you move to the next one willing to give it up the first night?

Again just wondering....

Let me guess.....You must have been reading one of STEVE HARVEY'S DUMB*SS books.

The 90 day rule is a bunch of crap. Sure a guy will wait 90 days to have sex and on day 91 he will be out of your life quicker than you can blink. Withholding sex to get/keep a man is some of the most ridiculous advice I have ever heard in my life.

If you really want to find out how this person sees you....then do what 99% of women won't do.
Tell him you want to wait until marriage to have sex.

I guarantee you that the truth will come out concerning his intentions. If he is interested only in sleeping with you then he will most likely move on to the next set of women (and there are others). If he sees you as a woman who he respects and can take home to the family than he won't mind waiting.

Last edited by usamathman; 08-06-2012 at 08:29 AM..

Old 08-06-2012, 08:21 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
The only guys that do this behavior that you have seen is most likely the actions of players.
It is too bad that this is the behavior that you think all men live their life by.

I don't think that the lack of sex in 10 days or less is the issue. I am sure that most guys would persue a relationship with a woman that they clicked with, as long as enough effort was contributed by both parties. Regardless of whether or not there was sex in 10 days.

If a guy is truely interested in a woman, they don't move on after 10 days.
I can tell you this because I am a man, and I have dated women longer than 10 days without sex. And this is MY experience.

Okay 2 weeks might be exaggerating but hopefully you understood my point, which is: they do not want to wait for sex. They will not wait for sex when other women are available to 'put out' immediately. This is always chalked up to behaviors that only players exhibit but unfortunately it's common amongst most men, even the so called 'nice guys.' Sorry, but the men always say one thing and then in reality it's a totally different story, I just choose not to buy into it anymore. Fine, so that is your experience as a guy, well that's my experience as a woman. Women like that are a big joke to them and nothing else.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:15 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander52 View Post
WOW. just wow.
I just read this whole thread, and most of the male posters' responses here I found disgusting!
Don't you men value honesty, respect, trust, companionship, and communication in a relationship??
Guess not.

Ya know, the values/morals we had back in the 'old days' are what helped keep things sane and civil. (People sometimes dated for YEARS, and waited til they were married til they had sex. And they didn't get divorced at the drop of a hat.)
Now look at today's world... lots and lots of single parents struggling to raise children, STDs running rampant, men angry because they owe child support, abortions and sometimes life-long guilt afterwards, lots of children living in poverty, lots of moms on foodstamps, men in jail because they thought with the wrong head, etc etc etc... MOSTLY caused by men who wouldn't wait, and the weak women who allowed it!
Think about it... if there weren't any women who slept with men after only a few dates, men would shape up and start respecting women, and NOT expecting sex so soon! DUH
But, it's too bad, we can't turn back the clock now, and I'm sure the morals/values in this country are just gonna keep going down down down.....

And I honestly feel sick to my stomach if the males' posts on this thread are the way most men think/feel today.

(can you honestly say you'd encourage your sweet little sister to jump into bed with a man after only 2 or 3 dates???)

Sorry shallow AND low morals goes BOTH ways, enough of the broad brush statements. I could say most or all women are xxxxxxxxxxxx. but that isnt fair is it.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
WOW. just wow.
Guess not.

Well, talking about sex is on topic of the thread, because it talks about some nonsense of withholding sex for a set amount of time. Dating world has been turned upside down, and is completely different to what it was 40, 30 , 20 and even 10 years ago, and as such both men and women have adjusted their actions and expactations to be able to get what they want out of dating. Yes, me and 99% of male population would rather have sex with a woman on a first date, than watch her go home dissapointed because you failed to satisfy her most primal of desires. This isnt gender specific, and the notion that men are shallow is completely nonsensical and not based in reality. ALso, i always get a good chuckle out of older people shaking their fists at younger generations, also known as generation clash. They do so, as if they were completely unaware of the fact that they are fully and completely responsible for raising and teaching the generations, they are so quick to criticize.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:40 AM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
WOW. just wow.
Guess not.

A lot of that is pie in the sky. Knocked up women were more likely to get married to who ever knocked them up regardless if the men were losers, alcoholics, crazy or able to support their children. Thank God for divorce: Incompatible people should not stay together. There was plenty of hanky panky going on for centuries but every generation looks at the past through rose colored glasses. As for as STD's go look at statistics for WWI, which was up to 10% which the military said was less than the general population at that time.
I'm not saying things are worse or better, just that we have different issues to deal with.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:41 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivation12 View Post
Just wondering.....

Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex? Men what do you think? Would you wait for that woman or would you move to the next one willing to give it up the first night?

Again just wondering....
I think people overall will have better 'luck' if they quit playing stupid games.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think people overall will have better 'luck' if they quit playing stupid games.

You hit the nail on the head!! Relationships and dating are so much easier when the "games" are eliminated.

usa

Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
A lot of women like a guy, know he likes her, wants to have sex with him but purposely delays that even though she is ready to meet some arbitrary time period(90 days for example) Because its the "right thing to do" or so she can sleep better at night. Thats different from Waiting because your not ready or want to get to Know the guy better. Sex is supposed to be spontaneous, not something you plan or decide to do on A specific time or day.

If your waiting because your not ready and want to get to know a guy that's fine but don't delay it because you think in your head at day 90 he's going to be more loyal or It'll prove he's committed to you. What if you have no sexual Chemistry, or he's awful? You just wasted 90 days of your life that you could've been using to find the guy thats REALLY right for you

Old 08-09-2012, 12:36 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
A lot of women like a guy, know he likes her, wants to have sex with him but purposely delays that even though she is ready to meet some arbitrary time period(90 days for example) Because its the "right thing to do" or so she can sleep better at night. Thats different from Waiting because your not ready or want to get to Know the guy better. Sex is supposed to be spontaneous, not something you plan or decide to do on A specific time or day.

If your waiting because your not ready and want to get to know a guy that's fine but don't delay it because you think in your head at day 90 he's going to be more loyal or It'll prove he's committed to you. What if you have no sexual Chemistry, or he's awful? You just wasted 90 days of your life that you could've been using to find the guy thats REALLY right for you

Just looking at this from a different angle. And what if you went ahead and did it on the third date and he was awful. Next guy, third date, he’s awful too, next guy second date no chemistry and on and on. So in 90 days you have slept with say 6 guys and still haven’t found the right one. Now you’re a ho and no guy wants a girl that’s slept with that many people, or so I’ve heard via CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships