Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 PM

22 posts, read 33,471 times

Advertisements

Just wondering.....

Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex? Men what do you think? Would you wait for that woman or would you move to the next one willing to give it up the first night?

Again just wondering....

Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
it doesn't matter in the end. its like asking "do you think this sandwich would be taster with cheese?" well hell yeah it would, but its not worth just throwing away because its not on there. the sandwich is still good

Old 07-30-2012, 09:47 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
I suppose I could wait if she were truly marvelous AND I were seeking a relationship. However, if she turns out to be poor in bed, that would be 90 days wasted unless she could be friend-zoned afterwards. And what if she didn't like my style in the bedroom? She'd have wasted 90 days too! Anyway, such artificial rules seldom work in practice. Waiting a few dates may make sense, to at least know if you want to keep seeing each other. Beyond that, if you feel like sex, have sex. If you don't, you're probably better off moving on.

Ninety day probation works better if you get to know each other AND have sex for 90 days. By then, you've got a pretty good idea if the relationship has potential!

Old 07-30-2012, 09:51 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,919,849 times
That doesn't work in many cases because most guys will just have sex elsewhere while waiting for those 90 days to pass.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:51 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivation12 View Post
Just wondering.....

Basically it goes like this...Do you believe woman will have better luck in finding and keeping her "Mr. Right" if she holds the sex?

No, because there is technically no way she could "hold the sex", unless she was the last woman on Earth. She might be able to hold the sex in terms of the 90 day probation-guy she is with, but if or when he wants to have sex minus whatever twisted and warped little 90 day game she decides to play - all he has to do is have sex with another woman.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:53 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
This question always does my head in but I think I've figured out why.

It's because women (and men!) are STILL hung up on the "Mr Right" fantasy, and that men are wild animals who have to be expertly hunted, stalked, lured, tantalised, then trapped forever, thereby achieving the ultimate prize of a "husband".

Common knowlege has it that being "easy" will drive your prey away, into the arms of a purer model...therefore the 90 day theory is born.

lol.

Seriously? Who makes this stuff up? What happens at 91 days? You sleep with him/her find out they can only do it missionary with the lights off and their teeth clenched...do you get that 90 days back?

That's a quarter of a year wasted which is quite a long time when you get to my age.

Oh and. Any healthy woman who is happy dating a hunny and not shagging him for 90 days is not altogether healthy imo. Issues. shhhhh.

Last edited by MsAnnThrope; 07-30-2012 at 10:06 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 09:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
they aren't going to wait around for 10 days let alone 90, they will just move on to another woman. They want what they want and don't care and don't think they should have to wait for their 'needs.' Best thing to do is do what you want as woman and don't let them force you into anything just because they want to. Who cares what they want.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:01 PM

144 posts, read 201,065 times
well the guy im seeing has passed the 90 day test for sure and even beyond. LOL.

Result ? he is looking for a new place coz i told him i refuse to hang out in his dump place.

oh yeah he is getting lucky real soon. maybe.... next year? LOL.

by the way the more than 90 day test he passed with me and still going is NOTHING since he said he hasn't had any since his divorce decades ago.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
I think it's different for everyone. I have waited but not because of some arbitrary number thrown out there to determine if I'll stay with my girlfriend or not. If she couldn't trust me after two months, I doubt the relationship is going to work.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:08 PM

22 posts, read 33,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
This question always does my head in but I think I've figured out why.

It's because women (and men!) are STILL hung up on the "Mr Right" fantasy, and that men are wild animals who have to be expertly hunted, stalked, lured, tantalised, then trapped forever, thereby achieving the ultimate prize of a "husband".

Common knowlege has it that being "easy" will drive your prey away, into the arms of a purer model...therefore the 90 day theory is born.

lol.

Seriously? Who makes this stuff up? What happens at 91 days? You sleep with him/her find out they can only do it missionary with the lights off and their teeth clenched...do you get that 90 days back?

That's a quarter of a year wasted which is quite a long time when you get to my age.

Oh and. Any healthy woman who is happy not shagging for 90 days is not altogether healthy imo. Issues. shhhhh.
Well I wasn't saying that 90 days would be used just to see if he can last. Basically that time would be used to just date. Introduce him to your friends and fam, see if he gets along with the kids. Many women give up the sex soooo prematurely and since we do become more attached after we have laid with someone I'm just thinking maybe 90 is good. Eyes are wide open when people have their clothes on. Hey Ford doesn't give you full benefits until 90 right. Besides who says your "wasting time" its 3 mos rather then 3 years later an you finally see the jerk everyone else has been seeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships