Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 10:10 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times

Advertisements

Hold on, let me check...

...yup, it's me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 10:11 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,106,783 times
Nope. The real me swears a lot more.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:12 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I've never really seen the point of creating a character or using the anonymity of the internet just to be confrontational and stir things up, so yes, it's the real me.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
If its "real" you posting here, wouldnt that include you going through all the ups and downs, life has to offer?

Old 07-31-2012, 10:16 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
you better believe it.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:55 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've never really seen the point of creating a character or using the anonymity of the internet just to be confrontational and stir things up, so yes, it's the real me.
I completely understand the reasons.

Some do it out of boredom (me);

Some do it because they are contrarians. In my AP US History class I once said the decline of American culture began when women entered the workforce and offered a well structured factually based argument to support my thesis to the chagrin of my left wing teacher and classmates. Do I believe this? Not really, but i like to make and win arguments with intelligent people. I am fascinated by attorneys who can make passionate persuasive successful arguments while not believing a word of what comes out of their mouth or from their pen.

Some do it because they fear the consequences of saying something in the flesh. I was in Tampa at the bar in The Fashion mall for R&B night a few months ago and was wondering why all these good looking in shape brothas were with fat sistas and white women. These guys obviously put their time in at the gym and I can't understand why they would be with obese women...we are talking rolls here.

In real life i would not dare say say, "why do you brothas like the obese women? can't you guys do any better...i mean, come on, if it was between Adele and Beyonce would you really chose Adele?"

i would likely get beat down quick.

At best i would say, "ya'll like'm with a lil junk in the trunk..i ain't mad at you."

On an anonymous message board I would write: "Black guys and overweight women go together like bread and butter. Explain this phenomena."

it's fun to stir the pot a bit.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:04 AM

977 posts, read 1,814,748 times
It's the real me, but I'm only here b/c work is boring as hell. Not sure how those with multiple usernames and who can't keep track of what username they're using would answer

Old 07-31-2012, 11:05 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Neither have I.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:08 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
In October 2011, I fell in love with a co-worker that I spent basically every day of the last three months with. She rejected me brutally. It's well documented in my posts here.

That sent me on a downward spiral where I...

1) Got a rebound girlfriend
2) Became an overnight misogynist who could only see the bad things women have done to me
3) Reduced my own self-esteem to the size of a peanut
4) Went gung-ho about the idea of dating and getting women to the point of thinking of hitting on 20 women a month, etc, etc.

The real Jobaba doesn't care about dating all that much and doesn't really belong on this forum. To wit...

Threads started at City Data Forum regarding dating after October 2011: ~70

Threads started at CD regarding dating before October 2011: zero.

I'm ALMOST over my co-worker and the real me is almost back. I'm spending more time on ESPN.com. I'm spending more time playing music. It feels good to have the real me creeping back.

I see some bitter stuff posted here that sometimes makes me wonder if those people are even real. For others, is this your real base personality that is posting here or did some messed up issue draw you to this dating site (as is often the case)?
So this is why we have so many hostile, misogynistic posters here! Thanks for the insight! And welcome back to the real jobaba! I hope that once you recover, you continue to post here occasionally, from the perspective of a normal, contented person, the "real" jobaba. We need more of those around here. Some of us are fighting an uphill battle for sane, encouraging, reality-based posts, just trying to help out, but it's hard when so many are wearing bitter-colored glasses.

Thanks for sharing your personal stuff, too. You were with her 3 months, and she just decided it wasn't working out? We have a guy posting here now who's about to do the same thing to his girlfriend. Yikes!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:09 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
THIS is the real me. It's the flesh and blood me that isn't real, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships