Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 10:43 PM

3 posts, read 2,325 times

Advertisements

I've been dating my girlfriend for 2 and a half years now. Almost everything is great between us and we want the same things in life but we have huge differences in our sex drive. If it was up to me we would have sex just about every time that we see each other but lately we only have sex once every 3 or 4 months, causing plenty of arguments in our relationship. I keep telling her how important it is for a healthy relationship but every time we have an opportunity to she has a different excuse. (She's not in the mood, she feels uncomfortable, she doesn't want to in a specific location, etc.) She's a very beautiful girl but has very low self esteem and I think that this may be a reason. I truly do love her but it's gotten to the point that were constantly arguing and makes me feel like that she wants nothing to do with me physically. We're 23 years old and I feel like this is something that happens at age 50, not 23. Do I end the relationship and possibly miss out on a great future together or stick it out and be sexually frustrated? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 10:46 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Only you can make this decision no matter any stranger on this public forum tells you. Talk with your girlfriend and ask her directly what the real issue is and work it out or not.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Women are like old cars. They need to be warmed up first (inside and outside of the bedroom).

Old 07-31-2012, 10:51 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
3 or 4 months? I've had pets that didn't live that long Something else is going on.

Last edited by BioMechanical; 07-31-2012 at 11:08 PM..

Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Sorry dude but she's friend zoned you and hasn't bothered to let you know.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:06 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Women are like old cars. They need to be warmed up first (inside and outside of the bedroom).
Good point - if sex is the only objective- then it is s turn off. Get that old tune by Ottis Redding TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS....Have a listen- then go old school and get an Etta James CD---turn the lights down and learn to slow dance--- be tender...love her--- touch her with care...hold her hand.......and cool that horny toad thing a bit- sounds like physically you want to re-populate the planet...Must be great to have that drive- now that you have that- get some romance going..........What's the rush - If she had sex with you one- it will come again...but not if you act like a horny little dog ---lol...

Old 07-31-2012, 11:10 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
Doesn't seem like she's attracted to you anymore. Does she take birth-control?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:11 PM

3 posts, read 2,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Doesn't seem like she's attracted to you anymore. Does she take birth-control?
She does take birth control.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:19 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiMiTz3 View Post
She does take birth control.
How long has she been on it? I know some women lose their sex drive completely while they are on the pill(this was always the case with me).

Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Ouch!
It is hard to tell from your thread what your sex life was like in the beginning up until now and what incidents have occurred since then?
Although after 2.5 years sex gets into a routine it is def. more than once in 3 or four months.
If it has been this way since the get? I would say this is what you haveto look forward too and if sex is very important to you then perhaps you need to speak about terminating the relationship.
Since sex seems to be very important to you and not to her, it is like squeezing blood from a turnip, does not happen.
If it ha decreased a lot? I would speak to her about what the issues are. Perhaps there is not enough foreplay? Foreplay does not always mean being adventurous and having sex in different places it is actually about YOU getting her turned on..romancing her, getting her in the mood…sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships