Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:58 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This. For the most part younger guys want older women for flings
For the most part older women want them for flings, as long as the man is (ahem) "fling material" Only the buff need apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:15 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
I know of a couple of guys who are in this situation. Nothing good has come from it. The guys have both stopped talking to their family members and have completely turned into weak pricks.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:50 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,330,050 times
My cousin is 14 years his wife's junior. They met when he was 26, and they've been happily married for 19 years.

It works for some, while it doesn't work for others; plain and simple, so I find it funny how some people in this thread just "know" that the relationship is doomed.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:42 PM

74 posts, read 122,499 times
If she's a cougar MILF with a big cameltoe, go for it!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:06 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Several members, moderators and ex-moderators here have been happily married to men 9+ years their junior for years (we had an earlier thread on a similar topic to this one). Women don't seek young partners out, it's the men who are attracted to them and ask them out.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AishaGurl91 View Post
If she's a cougar MILF with a big cameltoe, go for it!
What?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Several members, moderators and ex-moderators here have been happily married to men 9+ years their junior for years (we had an earlier thread on a similar topic to this one). Women don't seek young partners out, it's the men who are attracted to them and ask them out.
That's true with my current relationship. My bf is the one that wanted us to be a couple. Almost right away he dropped the L-word on me. And even nine years later, there hasn't been any other woman he's wanted to be with romantically or even just sexually. The women who are his age (31) just aren't appealing to him, not even on a platonic level.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:24 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There you go again speaking for all women. This is a ridiculous statement. I've known and seen plenty of older women who have pursued younger men, quite aggressively too. I speak from actual experience, not from some sort of gender bias.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
There you go again speaking for all women. This is a ridiculous statement. I've known and seen plenty of older women who have pursued younger men, quite aggressively too. I speak from actual experience, not from some sort of gender bias.
I think that there are TWO scenarios here. One is about older women and younger men dating and having a serious long term romance. And that is what Ruth4Truth and I are referring to. In the situations we speak of, the older woman waits for the younger man to make the first moves. She doesn't want to be in the embarrassing situation of having her advances rejected because she knows that in our society, the epitome of beauty for most is a young woman in her 20's. And with my bf, he happens to love my looks in addition to how my brain works.

But in regards to older women and younger men have some sort of sexual fling, where the older woman is seen as a "cougar", then sure I've seen where the older woman was the pursuer, and sometimes the younger man was also the aggressor...

Old 08-15-2012, 11:47 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
It's impractical, because men have leverage in Western society that women do not have. They have more options. Old men can attract young women . . .old women cannot attract young men . . .so it's basically a number's game . . . at 40, a woman is still attractive . . . but she has lost some options . . .a 25 year old man's options are wide open - same with 35 and 45 year old man.

A 50 year old woman has few options . . .a 60 year old woman has virtually no options . . .

It would basically be dumb on the woman's part to think a 25 year old man will be in for the long run. It would be exceptionally rare and then you would have to wonder what his deal is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships