Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Of course, but I do want to get the chance to get to know him, he is attractive, and seemed nice the few time we talked, but without the actual face-to-face meet, I'll never know...
Call him and tell him to check between his legs, and tell you if there is anything there or not. A 34 year old man, who knows what he's doing - would have called you in advance and said something along the lines of "We'll meeet at xyz for dinner/drink/a cup of coffee at 7 oclock and then we'll go to see a show/movie/midget boxing. See you at 7".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 09:40 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension2012 View Post
call him and tell him to check between his legs, and tell you if there is anything there or not. A 34 year old man, who knows what he's doing - would have called you in advance and said something along the lines of "we'll meeet at xyz for dinner/drink/a cup of coffee at 7 oclock and then we'll go to see a show/movie/midget boxing. See you at 7".
lol!!:d

Old 08-03-2012, 09:43 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Call him and tell him to check between his legs, and tell you if there is anything there or not. A 34 year old man, who knows what he's doing - would have called you in advance and said something along the lines of "We'll meeet at xyz for dinner/drink/a cup of coffee at 7 oclock and then we'll go to see a show/movie/midget boxing. See you at 7".
Exactly. This isn't rocket science. Also, women like a man with a plan.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:45 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Normally I'd be inclined to agree, but look how many posters on here complain about their dates.
"you'll never guess where he tried to take me" etc, etc, etc.

Speaking as a man, you're never quite sure which half of the spectrum you're dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post

Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Normally I'd be inclined to agree, but look how many posters on here complain about their dates.

Speaking as a man, you're never quite sure which half of the spectrum you're dealing with.
OK, so its her loss. Whats the big deal? I mean you have to be responsible and reasonable also. If youre dating someone who is 48, you obviously dont want to take them to a death metal concert, followed by hanging out with your homeless heroin junkie buddies, underneath the bridge. AS a man, you supposed to be sure of what youre doing, and worrying about which half of the spectrum youre dealing with, should never enter your mind. Be asseretive and if she likes you enough, she will enjoy herself anywhere with you. I usualy try to get a good read on what type of woman im delaing with, so by the time I plan a date, i have a vague idea of what type of plans to make. It really isnt rocket science.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:54 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Quote:
Heed your own advice and make an effort yourself
I'm with Bobman on this one. Should the guy approach you with a plan? Sure he absolutely should. But he doesn't want to take you somewhere you don't like or do something you won't enjoy. It doesn't really warrant coming on here and trashing the poor guy.

If he asked you what you felt like eating why didn't you just tell him? How about making a suggestion? It's not too hard. Here watch me:

"I feel like Mexican"

WOW that was easy and even short enough to fit into a single text message

I don't necessarily approve of this guy's flip-floppy nature, but come on people.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:57 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:

Do women really complain on here about where guys take them to dates? It would have to be pretty bad for a first date, wouldn't it? I'm not a snob at all, but if it's Taco Bell for the first date, there's probably not gonna be a second one. Beyond that I don't have any requirements.

However, if I get a unilateral announcement from a guy that we're going to meet at such and such a place at such and such a time, I'm gonna be a little bristly. There needs to be some back and forth and collaboration in my opinion - after all, that's what I'm looking for in a relationship. A guy who's going to charge ahead as if my preferences and opinions don't matter isn't showing me behaviors I'm going to find desirable in a partner. I've been an adult in charge of my life for 18 years - I want a partner not a leader. I'm not in the military, fer cryin' out loud.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I'm with Bobman on this one. Should the guy approach you with a plan? Sure he absolutely should. But he doesn't want to take you somewhere you don't like or do something you won't enjoy. It doesn't really warrant coming on here and trashing the poor guy.

If he asked you what you felt like eating why didn't you just tell him? How about making a suggestion? It's not too hard. Here watch me:

"I feel like Mexican"

WOW that was easy and even short enough to fit into a single text message

I don't necessarily approve of this guy's flip-floppy nature, but come on people.
Ah, but I did... and I am still waiting

Old 08-03-2012, 10:06 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,305 times
Quote:

Just say "Let's go bicycling at XYZ trail and then we'll go eat at ABC place. Let me know if that's not ok" This is not rocket science.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Do women really complain on here about where guys take them to dates? It would have to be pretty bad for a first date, wouldn't it? I'm not a snob at all, but if it's Taco Bell for the first date, there's probably not gonna be a second one. Beyond that I don't have any requirements.

However, if I get a unilateral announcement from a guy that we're going to meet at such and such a place at such and such a time, I'm gonna be a little bristly. There needs to be some back and forth and collaboration in my opinion - after all, that's what I'm looking for in a relationship. A guy who's going to charge ahead as if my preferences and opinions don't matter isn't showing me behaviors I'm going to find desirable in a partner. I've been an adult in charge of my life for 18 years - I want a partner not a leader. I'm not in the military, fer cryin' out loud.
That too... but once you've given suggestions, and decided on a day, and you are still waiting for him to make up his mind as to what time? and where out of all those suggestions? what is there to do? just move on I guess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships