Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 08:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Dew93, it's a big deal because it all comes down to men having access to women (sex) which is important in a civilized society.

Either "empowered" women need to deal with reality and give a man with lower social status a chance to court her, or prostitution needs to be legalized all while women are allowed to continue to hold out for the highest bidder.
You have some skewed views. Men should have access to sex? Weird post man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 08:36 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Promotions are EXTREMELY difficult to come by, and women are paid substantially less than men because we have to 'prove' ourselves before they think we deserve it. The men, however, automatically start at a higher wage. My ex-boss openly state that he would start women off at a lower wage because they're less likely to stick around.

Jet, but you're forgetting that most men on average SPEND that extra money on women and children. This is the basis as to why men make more money then women, men simply need that extra money to take care of their families.

On the other hand, you (along with other women) want to make just as much as men, but I'm quite sure you're not going to take care of another fully grown man and pay his bills. In fact, you're not even obligated to do such a thing in order to secure a mate, unlike men, so I have no idea why you're even complaining because you have the opportunity to make decent money AND find a man to take care of you.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,953 times
Quote:
Dew93, it's a big deal because it all comes down to men having access to women (sex) which is important in a civilized society.

Either "empowered" women need to deal with reality and give a man with lower social status a chance to court her, or prostitution needs to be legalized all while women are allowed to continue to hold out for the highest bidder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You have some skewed views. Men should have access to sex? Weird post man.
I love how women are summed up in the word "sex," as though that is all we are or have to offer. Nice entitlement mentality to go with, too.

Cali, men are not entitled to either women or sex, any more than women are entitled to men or sex. When it comes to relationships, no human is entitled to anything from another.

Maybe you should go live in Nevada. You can buy all the sex you can afford there, and leave the partnerships to people who understand how they work.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:45 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Are you kidding? Educated, intelligent people need to be having more children, not less. Their children do better in every measure possible. They're more involved with their kids. They give them better education and better opportunity. It's fact.
Mostly untrue. They put them in all kinds of activities to make them busy and they come off as attentive parents.

You described my father. It's a pity his involvement ended with 'You've got the money, I pay whatever you want, now don't bother me anymore.'

Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
Mostly untrue. They put them in all kinds of activities to make them busy and they come off as attentive parents.

You described my father. It's a pity his involvement ended with 'You've got the money, I pay whatever you want, now don't bother me anymore.'
Apparently, that's a pervasive problem with fathers in general. Money or no money. But, statistically it's true. Finances are one of the biggest predictors of outcomes.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:48 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You have some skewed views. Men should have access to sex?
Come on Djuna, don't act like women don't expect things from men either. Women expect to be sheltered and protected by all men which is why women run to men, even strange men, whenever they run into a problem.

So what's the big deal about men wanting access to sex? It's a fair trade.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:49 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Apparently, that's a pervasive problem with fathers in general. Money or no money. But, statistically it's true. Finances are one of the biggest predictors of outcomes.
My brother is the same with his sons. If you ask him about them he'll tell you how great they're doing in school, swimming, football, karate, horse riding and music and comes across as such as great father. I doubt he spends more than 5 minutes with them daily. As can you see, even an adult would have trouble handling such an heavy schedule.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Come on Djuna, don't act like women don't expect things from men either. Women expect to be sheltered and protected by all men which is why women run to men, even strange men, whenever they run into a problem.

So what's the big deal about men wanting access to sex? It's a fair trade.
What are you smoking tonight? Running to strange men? What?

Old 08-04-2012, 09:05 PM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop93 View Post
what are you smoking tonight? Running to strange men? What?
:d

lol...

:d

Old 08-04-2012, 09:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
My brother is the same with his sons. If you ask him about them he'll tell you how great they're doing in school, swimming, football, karate, horse riding and music and comes across as such as great father. I doubt he spends more than 5 minutes with them daily. As can you see, even an adult would have trouble handling such an heavy schedule.
I think we should reserve the concern for impoverished children, who not only do not spend time with their parents, but are left to carve a path in the streets. I'll take the schedule tho! Hell yea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships