Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 09:55 PM

837 posts, read 1,285,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The idea that the latter group should stop reproducing is absurd.
I can't see the surprise here. It's a well known fact that the more educated and wealthy people are, usually the less children they have. You can't force people to have children in a democracy so I suppose society just has to deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 07:49 AM

29,659 posts, read 34,166,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I have reviewed what women have to offer, and the only thing I want out of a woman that I truly enjoy is sex; I'm what you call a "bachelor type male" and this is why I think the way I do.

Furthermore, I don't subscribe to "love relationships" or "love marriages" that dominate how Western people decide how they're going to engage in romantic courtship.
I don't think anyone would criticize your choice to not be in a relationship, but the idea that in your mind women are nothing but masturbatory aids and that you can't imagine wanting to be around a woman (and she has no human value to you) if she isn't touching your penis is sad.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:02 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,778,384 times
Biggest reason marriage rates have gone down is women's requirements in a man has gone up.

Her income has increased and she expects to increase with her, however marriage was always based on support and help, not love. Love was brought in to give it credibility.

I don't think the problem will correct its self till women lower their standards and I don't see that happening at all. I see the government pushing trades on young men to bring back blue collar jobs, I see more women advancing in corporate America. I don't see a solution at all.

I do think getting a trade is a good idea to assist all the 40 something earlier old educated women with no man and no kids, helping them around the house.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:43 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,095,623 times
I think it's funny how somehow, on this thread, it's pretty much only the woman's fault that marriage rates have decreased. On other threads, the reason given is that men have gotten wise and realized that life is better with out a ball and chain. So - which is it? Are women awful because they make your life a living hell and they aren't worth marrying or are women awful because they want someone that makes a good living and won't settle for anything less?

For the record - I'm happily married and so are the majority of my friends. I really don't see a crisis going on.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:46 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,704,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think it's funny how somehow, on this thread, it's pretty much only the woman's fault that marriage rates have decreased. On other threads, the reason given is that men have gotten wise and realized that life is better with out a ball and chain. So - which is it? Are women awful because they make your life a living hell and they aren't worth marrying or are women awful because they want someone that makes a good living and won't settle for anything less?

For the record - I'm happily married and so are the majority of my friends. I really don't see a crisis going on.
That's because there is no crisis for most regular people. The nutjobs of both sexes however...

Old 08-05-2012, 10:14 AM

5,004 posts, read 7,847,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
That's because there is no crisis for most regular people. The nutjobs of both sexes however...
They should have a singles meet up for all the nutters here. Could make for an awesomely dysfunctional reality tv show. I'd watch

Old 08-05-2012, 12:41 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,578,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think anyone would criticize your choice to not be in a relationship, but the idea that in your mind women are nothing but masturbatory aids and that you can't imagine wanting to be around a woman (and she has no human value to you) if she isn't touching your penis is sad.
But I have met plenty of women who feel the same way about men, except, they only spend their time with men who have lots of money.

Aside from that, I do care about women as human beings, and in real life I'm a refined gentleman.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
biggest reason marriage rates have gone down is women's requirements in a man has gone up.

Her income has increased and she expects to increase with her, however marriage was always based on support and help, not love. Love was brought in to give it credibility.

I don't think the problem will correct its self till women lower their standards and i don't see that happening at all. I see the government pushing trades on young men to bring back blue collar jobs, i see more women advancing in corporate america. I don't see a solution at all.

I do think getting a trade is a good idea to assist all the 40 something earlier old educated women with no man and no kids, helping them around the house.
+1

Old 08-05-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't view relationships like that. I'm funny in that way, I see them as an equal partnership where you give and take. Relationships are not a barter or a business deal. They are about 2 people who are into one another and want to make their SO happy and loved. It isn't all romance and flowers and fairies obviously but what you are proposing isn't what most regular people want.
You're points are noted Djuna.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Ok, but what you do or don't subscribe to doesn't dictate how others are going to go about their business. I don't think women, or their husbands/men, are going to be agreeable to your cockamamie suggestions.
You're actually right because "bachelor type males" are rare. Most men want actual relationships with women down to deriving satisfaction from taking care of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships