Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 01:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
You're actually right because "bachelor type males" are rare. Most men want actual relationships with women down to deriving satisfaction from taking care of them.
Indeed, a lot of people do derive satisfaction from caring for others. Obviously not all, but plenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 01:08 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think we should reserve the concern for impoverished children, who not only do not spend time with their parents, but are left to carve a path in the streets. I'll take the schedule tho! Hell yea.
That's easy for you to say as an adult, but as a child, you need to bond with your parents (or somebody) because humans, especially at early ages, have emotional needs that need to be met that can't be satisfied from cramming their schedule with things to do.

Furthermore, from what I have seen, poor children often have greater bonds with their families opposed to high income families who often live separate lives away from each other even though they live under the same roof.

Either way, people need to shoot for the middle ground, in that, obviously you don't allow your kids to grow up impoverished, but yet, on the other hand, you don't spend so much time away from your kids that it would have been better off not even bringing them into the world.

Last edited by calicali01; 08-05-2012 at 02:29 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Indeed, a lot of people do derive satisfaction from caring for others.
Yes, and people like that need to be careful because those kind of people tend to be the ones who wind up getting used and abused.

And that's my advantage, guys like me are relevantly immune to emotional manipulation.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
That's easy for you to say as an adult, but as a child, you need to bond with your parents (or somebody) because humans, especially at early ages have emotional needs that need to be met that can't be satisfied from cramming their schedule with things to do.

Furthermore, from what I have seen, poor children often have greater bonds with their families opposed to high income families who often live separate lives away from each other even though they live under the same roof.
From what you have seen. Ok, but that doesn't change the facts beyond what cali does in his day to day, which is likely very little in the way of parenting, reviewing available family data IRT crime statistics, child abuse, success and outcome.

Quote:
Either way, people need to shoot for the middle ground, in that, obviously you don't allow your kids to grow up impoverished, but yet, on the other hand, you don't spend so much time away from your kids that it would have been better of not even bringing another them into the world.
Is that your sage advice in between thoughts of wetting your willy and desires of subjugating women to a diminished existence of practical intellectual deformity via being your sex slave? Well, thanks for that.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Yes, and people like that need to be careful because those kind of people tend to be the ones who wind up getting used and abused.

And that's my advantage, guys like me are relevantly immune to emotional manipulation.
You're a buckled slave to your own bullshyte, cali.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
In this case I would take neither option. Both are unhappy children. Wealthy families are just better at disguising how dysfunctional they can be. I speak from personal experience.
Exactly, I grew up with a kid who had money. His parents were both professionals, but only I was privy to the knowledge that my buddy's house was really an insane asylum. I grew up poor and my buddy WISHED he lived with me and my mom; he expressed this many times over a decade.

The end result? My buddy and his siblings all grew up dysfunctional and turned to drugs, all while I was involved in sports and never got drunk or did any drugs a day in my life.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Exactly, I grew up with a kid who had money. His parents were both professionals, but only I was privy to the knowledge that my buddy's house was really an insane asylum. I grew up poor and my buddy WISHED he lived with me and my mom; he expressed this many times over a decade.

The end result? My buddy and his siblings all grew up dysfunctional and turned to drugs, all while I was involved in sports and never got drunk or did any drugs a day in my life.
It's not even about poverty, although that's a player, but education and intelligence. And look how you turned out. You are not what I would want my children to be, drugs or not.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:

Yes, well I grew up in a very affluent area and not every family was dysfunctional and not every kid turned to drugs. One family does not represent all. Yes - some kids had drug problems - but I have a feeling it was much less prevalent and much less detrimental than in some of the poorer more dangerous areas. Most of the people I graduated with went to great colleges and have gone on to have normal, productive lives.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Is that your sage advice in between thoughts of wetting your willy and desires of subjugating women to a diminished existence

Oh, so you're mad now that I only desire sex from women? How egotistical of you to demand something more out of me that I don't want to give.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
And look how you turned out. You are not what I would want my children to be, drugs or not.
And that's fine. I wouldn't expect you (a female) to raise your children to be like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships