Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 12:50 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Honey, you need a hobby.

You have WAY too much time on your hands

LOL. I agree, LM. this one will probably end up closed like the others I'm sure. So enjoy it while it lasts.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Because it is IMO, it's a complete waste of time if you're not an 8,9, 10 yourself. I am 'average looking' too, but that doesn't mean I waste my time pining after men that are way out of my range. You don't have to buy into it, those are my thoughts on the matter. Take it or leave it.
so its wrong for me to have a crush on them?? its not like I am trying to date them. i dont want to go through life feeling like a robot and not having feelings for anybody just because i am not attractive enough

dolleyes what do you look like? you dont act like an average looking girl. i've seen some average girls who managed to pull some really good looking guys. with the right adjustments it can be done

Last edited by nyanna; 08-05-2012 at 01:08 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 12:57 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do you look younger than your age? The young ones may be approaching you because they think you're their age, and the older ones may be hitting on you because they're looking for some fresh young meat. This happens to women, too. People with baby faces can have a hard time getting the attention of people their age.
I have receieve fair amount of comments I appear early twenties. I believe the Marine Corps keeps you young (Physically and Mentally, you believe you can do anything a 20yo could do and better)!

One poster replied it's because 23-39yo women are married! Valid point.
OOH RAHH!

Old 08-05-2012, 12:59 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
if one approaches me I will give him a chance. but I find average men can be just as selective as the super good looking men
You seem to be fixated on the "hot" guys though..sometimes average looking men/women can be diamonds im the rough and great partners as well..

Old 08-05-2012, 01:18 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,020,291 times
Maybe you should try your luck with men 10-15 years older than you are. If you are average or below in looks, that's your best bet.

You also need to learn to base your sense of self on something other than your looks. Unless you die young, you'll spend half your life or more in the "too old to look good" category. It is possible to be aware of your own aesthetic deficiencies and be a happy person with reasonable self esteem.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:22 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,776 times
Quote:
Since its hard for women to know what league they are in because very good looking men often lower their standards for sex...what are other ways for a woman to know what type of guys are in her league??
Every woman is in a man's league

The important things are for a woman to have fun, have a sense of humour, and have an appreciation of Colonel Lingus...the Civil War historical figure....

Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
Quote:
I'm just tired of posters always asking me to post a photo of myself. It's getting really annoying. I really would appreciate it if others would respect my privacy.
It's because you continually post threads about how bad you think you look, how dark your skin is, etc.

We can only go by what you say unless we see a picture. You always want people to judge the way someone looks but we have no way to judge other than you are an African American female.

So, as long as you continue to post threads like this which inevitably turn into this, that is what is going to happen. Every single time.

We can't tell you how you look without seeing your picture. Hell. You could even post a profile pic and leave it open for a couple of hours, then remove it or block your profile. I hardly think anyone here wants to steal your picture and post it somewhere.

It's not like you would put a half nude pic up like some of the women on this very site do! We, me included, just want to see your face and see what the big deal that you are always making is.

If there is something you can physically improve upon, other than by using plastic surgery or bleach, I am sure there enough of us who are decent human beings, could tell you nicely enough.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
No I don't have a social media account with my photo on them. I don't like taking photos and when I do I just pick myself apart. I don't think I am very photogenic at all
And by the way..I don't think I am photogenic either. I hate my freckles, but there is nothing I can do about it. I am who I am, and if people don't like it..... Well, I think they know what they can do!

Old 08-05-2012, 01:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,706,360 times
Insecure babes abound in this thread. The crocodile loves this charade.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Insecure babes abound in this thread. The crocodile loves this charade.
Well, I am not insecure. I just don't think I am all too photogenic.

I don't care what anyone else thinks. As far as I am concerned, I am a beautiful woman, inside and out.

That's all that matters. When OP can achieve that, she will begin to be in business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.