Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:01 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,323,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by video646 View Post
This thread is hilarious!
I'm glad it got a laugh out of you.

I did this thread to share my life and to get some laughs as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,881,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
My life is passing me by. I never got with a girl because I was always in a hostile environment. I've finally escaped when I turned 24, (LOL). Now, I'm in another unfavorable situation (still safe, just...broke)

I've never really asked a lady out, not because I am afraid of her saying no, but I am afraid of her saying yes. I guess I'm afraid that somewhere down the line, she will realize that I am pathetic and then leave me. At least if I knew a woman would say no, I would initiate a quick conversation and then move on after the "rejection."

Now, I am a very good looking man. Think Chris Rock with Dreads. That is only slightly less attractive than Shrek with Jheri Curls, or Quasi Moto with an Afro. So why am I more afraid of acceptance than rejection?

I'm just being real and sharing (some laughs).

But yeah, I am really more afraid of acceptance than rejection.

Can anyone relate, or am I a weirdo? (Please tell me that I'm a weirdo)
I was 24 when I had my first girlfriend.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
Work on not letting your past define you. You have a sense of humor and that is a wonderful thing to have. It sure beats being bitter or hardened. Sure you've had some jacked up experiences, but I am pretty sure that is not all you're about. If someone rejects you because of your past, that's on them. There are lots of amazing and kind women out there who will be able to see past your past. Your past does not define you.

A favorite quote of mine is: Damaged people are dangerous because they know how to survive. You've made it through so get out there and start living and loving.

I am pulling for you.
Thanks, true words. I agree, thanks for your support.

Having a sense of humor really helps in some of the lower times. It also helps to be able to look at your problems and laugh at it. (HINT HINT)

Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,320,068 times
Quote:
(And Chris Rock with dreads doesn't exactly sound unappealing.)

AW! DAMMIT!!!!

Thanks for dashing my hopes.

Perhaps I should find a cave.

I can always cross my eyes, I guess.

I may look like Chris rock, but I don't sound like him (I sound more like Barry White).

See a shrink.

Well I am rather tall. LOL!

Okay, okay, I understand what you are saying, though. Good words. Good words. You can quit choking me now.

I don't know if it is more self doubt, or that I'm just a grouch!

What do you mean by a hostile environment?

I mean HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT. Blood, guts, drugs. My father actually became two-face. Get the picture?

TJENKINS 602'S LIFE

Rated NC-17

For drug use, cursing, swearing, faces getting ripped off and an shot of a child getting thrown through the window hitting his head on a brick.
I meant Chris Rock with dreads is not a bad look. I've always thought he was kinda cute, and I like dreads. LOL.

But a therapist would help OODLES if you grew up in an abusive environment. I've dated a couple of guys who were abused/neglected by their parents, and if when you can't wrap your head around the idea of loving yourself, you leave that work usually to your partner. Having been that partner for a couple of guys, I can attest that it is EXHAUSTING. It eventually sucks the life out of the relationship. And if you don't love yourself, how can you respect the partner who DOES love you? How can you respect someone, when you've convinced yourself that you're putting one over on them by getting them to love you?

Don't worry about dating for now. Seriously. I know you feel like you're a little long in the tooth to be just getting into the dating game right now, but put it off a little longer. Develop your interests and knowledge. Work out, take up some hobbies, meet some new people, take some classes, whatever. Find a good therapist (it might take a couple tries to click with one). You've got a long life ahead of you, and any woman worth anything is going to be more reassured by the fact that you took the time to get yourself into a good place than she is turned off by your inexperience.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:07 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times
Sign out right now and find a big booty momma.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:07 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,950,844 times
Quote:
Thanks, true words. I agree, thanks for your support.

Having a sense of humor really helps in some of the lower times. It also helps to be able to look at your problems and laugh at it. (HINT HINT)
You're welcome.

If I had to choose between laughter or a padded wall, guess what I'd go for? Don't ever lose that wicked sense of humor!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I was 24 when I had my first girlfriend.
I've actually had many opportunities. My first opportunity was in the 6th grade. She was really attractive, and she had a crush on me. I just didn't know how to take it to that level.

I've had many other opportunities at that. My problem is that I'm too "busy" trying to build some structure in my life. I'm always getting thrown off, though.

I'm getting to the point where I'm just all "F- it!!! Come on in ladies, this is me! This is my place."

I've realized that I have been wasting my time, trying to get everything "perfect."

There is no perfect, there is life. LIVE IT!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Sign out right now and find a big booty momma.
I'm actually hiding from one right now.

SHE IS ONE CRAZY... Woman.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:15 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times
Quote:
I'm actually hiding from one right now.

SHE IS ONE CRAZY... Woman.
Crazy women are freaky in the bedroom.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I meant Chris Rock with dreads is not a bad look. I've always thought he was kinda cute, and I like dreads. LOL.

But a therapist would help OODLES if you grew up in an abusive environment. I've dated a couple of guys who were abused/neglected by their parents, and if when you can't wrap your head around the idea of loving yourself, you leave that work usually to your partner. Having been that partner for a couple of guys, I can attest that it is EXHAUSTING. It eventually sucks the life out of the relationship. And if you don't love yourself, how can you respect the partner who DOES love you? How can you respect someone, when you've convinced yourself that you're putting one over on them by getting them to love you?

Don't worry about dating for now. Seriously. I know you feel like you're a little long in the tooth to be just getting into the dating game right now, but put it off a little longer. Develop your interests and knowledge. Work out, take up some hobbies, meet some new people, take some classes, whatever. Find a good therapist (it might take a couple tries to click with one). You've got a long life ahead of you, and any woman worth anything is going to be more reassured by the fact that you took the time to get yourself into a good place than she is turned off by your inexperience.
Yeah, someone (professional) to talk to can work miracles. Interesting thing is that I don't feel like I'm 28 years old. I look even younger. (Most people say I look 17) One woman hugged me and got accused of being a pedophile. LOL!

A doubter is exhausting. I can attest that the doubter exhausts himself. He or she has little to no energy, him or herself.

I know what you meant about Chris Rock.

The replies to that were more of a "Trying to get some time by myself to do some soul searching" type of response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships