Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 06:50 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Dude, you're lucky that you never had a girlfriend.

Sometimes, I wish I could go back in time to when I thought women were actually good people. I can't though. I have too much experience with them.

Don't ever get a girlfriend. If you want to mess around with girls, keep strictly casual and don't get attached. They will take advantage of you if you do.
i don't mind at all getting the experience of a heart-break, in fact i would want it, i would rather have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, want it as in would have no problem risking that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 02:57 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
i don't mind at all getting the experience of a heart-break, in fact i would want it, i would rather have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, want it as in would have no problem risking that
Some people say the opposite...

Old 09-09-2012, 05:07 PM

137 posts, read 192,750 times
You sound a lot like me, man (based on some of the posts I've read....haven't read the whole thing though).

I'm 25, just getting out of a dysfunctional home life, and I get girls without really trying and with 0 confidence.

The only difference is that I'm actively seeking a relationship and getting destroyed. Well, I also did have one relationship that ended 5 years ago (and ended badly). Until very recently, I was running away from commitment, but, like I said, now I'm not and I'm getting my sh*t destroyed by girls.

Thus, I have no advice. Just letting you know that you have a brother in arms

Old 09-09-2012, 05:32 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Some people say the opposite...
well those are the people who are not virgins, have been in relationships before

Old 09-09-2012, 05:33 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Dude, you're lucky that you never had a girlfriend.

Sometimes, I wish I could go back in time to when I thought women were actually good people. I can't though. I have too much experience with them.

Don't ever get a girlfriend. If you want to mess around with girls, keep strictly casual and don't get attached. They will take advantage of you if you do.
Oh please, this is such a crock. This is a myth perpetuated by guys who think with their "johnson", and continually make bad choices when choosing women to date!

Old 09-09-2012, 11:41 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Quote:
Yeah. I guess, you'll have to train yourself to know when the time is right.

My best guess is have some small talk with her for about as much time as you'll have with her. Talk about different subjects. (You can talk about the weather, jobs, careers,) Try to ask about her more than you talk about yourself (I say this to myself actually. I live such an "interesting" life). Don't spend too much time with her. I'd say, under 20 minutes would be key. When you get ready to move on with your day. Let her know that you are interested and that you would like her phone number.

There are no guarantees. Learning to read body languages and vibes is very important in this regard.
Well, you sound very astute about how to approach a woman. The part I bolded is key. Soooo many men just drone on and on about themselves -- maybe it's out of nervousness, but it gets old. You don't want to sound like it's an interrogation, but ask questions about her and her life.

I'm WAYYYY older than you, but I can totally relate to your feelings. All I can say is, women LOVE confident men. Women love men who make them feel safe and who can make them laugh (you've got that one down!). If you exude confidence and don't act needy, women will flock to you. Try to "act as if"...and good luck!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:03 PM

I was almost "interrogated" by a woman last week, it was a little uncomfortable. LOL!!! But I think it is actually a good sign. I just better hurry up and take care of certain issues and see where this one goes. I am getting certain "signals." It could be nothing, but wouldn't for me hurt to try...

Unless I come on too strong and she gives me a swift one in that "area." AYE!!!

I will just take my time and not rush it. Get a better sense of if she's "right" for me.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
well those are the people who are not virgins, have been in relationships before
Such broken hearts.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:37 PM

137 posts, read 192,750 times
Quote:
I was almost "interrogated" by a woman last week, it was a little uncomfortable. LOL!!! But I think it is actually a good sign. I just better hurry up and take care of certain issues and see where this one goes. I am getting certain "signals." It could be nothing, but wouldn't for me hurt to try...

Unless I come on too strong and she gives me a swift one in that "area." AYE!!!

I will just take my time and not rush it. Get a better sense of if she's "right" for me.
Sounds like you have a good attitude man. You'll do just fine.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:00 PM

but wouldn't for me hurt to try...

What am I, Yoda?

"but wouldn't for me hurt to try, hmmmmm?"

I guess I can bust out my Jedi Mind Tricks.

TJENKINS: (Waving Hand) You do want to be with me.

LADY: No $4!t! Why you gotta wave your hand for?!
LADY: (Waves hand) We will f*** tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships