Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you care about an orgasm during sex?
yes 8 57.14%
no 3 21.43%
sometimes i dont care 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:04 AM

145 posts, read 325,861 times

Advertisements

After my conversation with a member in another thread, I got to thinking... how important is sexual chemistry and reaching orgasm to women when looking for bf/husband? On your list of deal breakers, is it close to the top, in the middle, somewhere near the bottom?

Would you chose, good job, maturity, compassionate, affectionate, good husband father, attentive etc over your sexual needs being met. Ideally, a man would be all of those things, but say you could only reach orgasm through oral sex, and the man refused to perform it, would that be a deal breaker? If he was everything above, but the sex was just "okay", would those other qualities make up for the lack of sexual compatibility? If after 20 years of marriage the spark wasn't there and couldn't be recovered (but he was still a good husband and father), would you divorce to find someone you had a sexual spark with (like a lot of men do)?

How important is sex and reaching orgasm to women?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
I have started to believe it's the core.

I never told the girl the four letter word, as the crocodile has become quite the cynic and has gotten averse to a relationship, but pretends like he is this good lover boy.

But the girl said the four letter word during intense action. She also says she feels like she wants to marry me each time we do it.

So I am starting to believe that the O is the way into a woman's heart.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:21 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I have started to believe it's the core.

I never told the girl the four letter word, as the crocodile has become quite the cynic and has gotten averse to a relationship, but pretends like he is this good lover boy.

But the girl said the four letter word during intense action. She also says she feels like she wants to marry me each time we do it.

So I am starting to believe that the O is the way into a woman's heart.

Well, let's seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, what's this 4 letter word................

Is it 'love'? 'food'? 'dope'?

C'mon, give us a hint.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:21 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
OP, are you a guy? Would you joyfully accept a sex life where you never/rarely had an orgasm? It would probably be unthinkable. Women aren't that different.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunters4life View Post
After my conversation with a member in another thread, I got to thinking... how important is sexual chemistry and reaching orgasm to women when looking for bf/husband? On your list of deal breakers, is it close to the top, in the middle, somewhere near the bottom?

Would you chose, good job, maturity, compassionate, affectionate, good husband father, attentive etc over your sexual needs being met. Ideally, a man would be all of those things, but say you could only reach orgasm through oral sex, and the man refused to perform it, would that be a deal breaker? If he was everything above, but the sex was just "okay", would those other qualities make up for the lack of sexual compatibility? If after 20 years of marriage the spark wasn't there and couldn't be recovered (but he was still a good husband and father), would you divorce to find someone you had a sexual spark with (like a lot of men do)?

How important is sex and reaching orgasm to women?
This is a little complicated because everyone is different. There are women (and yes, even men) who can go on happily in life never reaching the big "O" or they are content with mediocre sex. I think it all depends on a person's drive. Is it the end-all, be-all? Probably not but in the long run, a person might resort to seeking something elsewhere. It's also a touchy subject and a bit complicated to divorce someone simply because the sexual spark has fizzled. There are obligations to consider, such as children and finances. My BIL left his wife for another woman mainly because of the lack of intimacy on her part (according to him). Fast-forward 15 years later, he cheated on the woman he left the wife for and has had countless women thereafter, most of whom he cheats on because he finds faults in every single one of them when it comes to intimacy. Some people simply cannot be satisfied.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 AM

145 posts, read 325,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
OP, are you a guy? Would you joyfully accept a sex life where you never/rarely had an orgasm? It would probably be unthinkable. Women aren't that different.
I'm a women and no I wouldn't. Sex is a deal breaker. I just know quite a few women who have less then exciting sex lives, but always use "oh, but he's a great _____,which was the most important thing when I married/became his gf".

Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
It's very important to me, especially in a relationship that's newer.

In a more established relationship, if the chemistry waned, I'd be willing to work on it. If it was there once...

Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
If neither of you care about good sex, then such a relationship can work. Otherwise, someone is going to be unhappy and unsatisfied. Many marriages reach this point, it seems and we read here in the forums about what often happens!

The only alternatives when all else is great - but won't work for most people - are open relationships and live-in b/f or g/f. I know couples and thruples who have resorted to one of these and have lasting, working relationships - but they are far, far from typical!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
I wouldn't compromise anything for good sex. It's the foundation (at least for me) of the entire relationship. If the sex isn't great, nothing else will be.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:29 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
^^Ditto above...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships