Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
OP below

Yes, the white knight is strong within the OP, I've never seen someone willingly kow tow this hard.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Having a fantastic relationship myself, I agree with the OP's advice. However, if you choose the wrong mate (I did that the first time), no amount of work or loving behavior is going to make the relationship good. You need compatibility and both have to put their mate's best interests on the same level as their own, at least most of the time.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:06 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
IDK, if the OP can get a cute girl and be in a great relationship without being a piece of **** then more power to him.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
meh. i think tomorrow you will wake up and think, "hmm, i was in a weird mood when i posted this." it kind of has a little of "for-the-lulz" and "internet-white-knight" weirdly wrapped up in it. but only a small pebble of weirdness in the wilderness of internet weirdness

i guess you knew you were going to have a few internet-fights on your hands when you posted it
Oh you want Internet weirdness?

Dolan - dafty pls halp me bogs - YouTube

Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Oh you want Internet weirdness?

Dolan - dafty pls halp me bogs - YouTube

Heyeyeyeyeyaaaa (What's going on?) - YouTube

I'm rather partial to this

Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Having a fantastic relationship myself, I agree with the OP's advice. However, if you choose the wrong mate (I did that the first time), no amount of work or loving behavior is going to make the relationship good. You need compatibility and both have to put their mate's best interests on the same level as their own, at least most of the time.
^^^^^ this

Old 08-09-2012, 08:41 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've been called frigid on a few occasions, mostly by men who can't get into my pants. It's amazing how quickly the insults come out when men don't get what they want.
The same happens to me when women find out I expect them to pay for their own way, or that I won't go out of my way to accommodate them.

Quote:
Yes, I can be cold. If you come up to me and introduce yourself while staring at my boobs and not actually looking at me in the face, I become VERY cold.

Why should a man ignore a feature that women often purposely put out for display? When women dress more like LADIES (blouse vs tube top), they generally don't have any of these problems.

Just look at your photo in your profile Jet, you have some kind of tank top on that will attract men to stare at your breast.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
The same happens to me when women find out I expect them to pay for their own way, or that I won't go out of my way to accommodate them.

Why should a man ignore a feature that women often purposely put out for display? When women dress more like LADIES (blouse vs tube top), they generally don't have any of these problems.

Just look at your photo in your profile Jet, you have some kind of tank top on that will attract men to stare at your breast.
I always pay my way, so I don't worry about that, but I'm sure there are women out there who would get irritated by a man who won't pay, just as there are men out there who get irritated when women won't sleep with them on the first date.

As for my photo, you're actually the very first person on this site to bring up the cleavage factor, and I fully admit it's on display in that photo. I usually wear plain colored slightly v necked shirts and with my arms cross like they are in that picture, it's hard for me not to show some sort of cleavage in that position.

I have noticed though, that no matter what I wear (blouse, tank top, turtleneck etc etc) men will still stare. There's not much I can do about that except wear baggy sweatshirts all the time. Of course, if you come up to me and say hi without staring or leering I'll probably be more receptive to talk.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:07 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
I have noticed though, that no matter what I wear (blouse, tank top, turtleneck etc etc) men will still stare. There's not much I can do about that except wear baggy sweatshirts all the time. Of course, if you come up to me and say hi without staring or leering I'll probably be more receptive to talk.
Hmmm, I have a foreign female friend who has HUGE boobs (and she's not fat). However, they are hardly even noticeable by the way she dresses.

She usually wears blouses with long skirts and I notice that she gets more favorable complements then all the more proactive looking American girls.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:11 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Too bad you couldn't/wouldn't any of those "prolific" skills to comment on the topic at hand. Instead all you could muster was a few personal attacks and insults about me and even my family. As I've asked several times now, do you have anything worthwhile to add to the discussion, or are you just here for the free hors d'oeuvres?
Seriously, dude? your entire thread is one big personal attack. You come out swinging from the first post, now you're complaining about the inevitable reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I mentioned to another member in a DM a few nights ago that it is a product of self-selection bias. A lot of the guys who chat here do so BECAUSE of the frustration and disconnect. I think you are probably on to something regarding the majority of guys out there.
most of the guys here are looking to understand, are looking for truthful answers to their questions, and solutions to their problems.

you aren't here to deliver the truth. what you're here to do is to bash these unsuccessful men in front of a crowd of women and feed these women exactly what THEY want to hear. You seem to think that women agreeing with you is an indication that you're correct, rather than just the natural result of telling someone what they want to hear.

Last edited by le roi; 08-09-2012 at 09:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships