Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:06 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Maybe he should post it in tweets for the peanut gallery in the short-attention-span theater.
I keep my attention span short when it comes to forums. BTW, I don't tweet. Tweeting is stupid imo.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Here's a few examples of why I meant to include you:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/25454953-post167.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/25526385-post204.html

Sex is clearly the ends to you. Any means available is justifiable to meet the ends, right?
I LOVE that you brought that up. Sex is not the "ends" for me for women that I like and want to has a serious relationships with, that was just for bootycalls or potential FWB's(I mean the first one). And i believe i pointed that Out in that specific thread and others. I've never lied to or cheated on a woman either.

As for the second one, what onihc said was the truth. And I agreed guys can't "cut" women off from sex like girls can do guys. We don't have that type of power

What's wrong with that?

Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I live in a horrible area where dating is probably the last thing you should be thinking about, as most people are either elderly, married, or are divorced and hate men, or want something that doesn't exist.

I do not make up outrageous claims. I never have.

"Finding a date" I quit on that notion a long time ago. "attracting a woman" I've given up on that notion too. I'm basically a hermit at this point, lol.
Frog - you are one of the best posters here! We all love you!

To the OP - I think the reason that you are happily married is because you get all this. I'm happily married, too. A lot of the posters on here are. However, many of the unhappy posters would rather fight with us, laugh at us, curse at us, etc. - then actually think that there might be a bit of truth to what we have to say. Oh well.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Frog - you are one of the best posters here! We all love you!

To the OP - I think the reason that you are happily married is because you get all this. I'm happily married, too. A lot of the posters on here are. However, many of the unhappy posters would rather fight with us, laugh at us, curse at us, etc. - then actually think that there might be a bit of truth to what we have to say. Oh well.
Best posters? I don't know about that. I mainly post random stuff that comes out of left field. I do have moments of good posting.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Best posters? I don't know about that. I mainly post random stuff that comes out of left field. I do have moments of good posting.
You have one of the best hearts.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:17 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Being honest, which club would you put the Dissenter in? At times I could be on either side.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:17 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I LOVE that you brought that up. Sex is not the "ends" for me for women that I like and want to has a serious relationships with, that was just for bootycalls or potential FWB's(I mean the first one). And i believe i pointed that Out in that specific thread and others. I've never lied to or cheated on a woman either.
You can't say this, and then being consistent, say this:

Quote:
As for the second one, what onihc said was the truth. And I agreed guys can't "cut" women off from sex like girls can do guys. We don't have that type of power

What's wrong with that?
What you are implying is that sex can be used as a weapon. I agree, it can be, but it is only effective against someone to whom sex is the ends. But when sex is a part of a healthy relationship in which both partners hold each other in a place of mutual respect, sex is not the ends, and withholding is uncommon. I find it hard to believe that this is what you desire when you are frequently on the same side of many discussion as are some of the others whom I quoted.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:18 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
So do you want me to IMO after every post? My "truth" is what I've experienced and observed in my life and I use that to base my philosophies On not only relationships But life in general, and I express that here.

That's all this is
Yeah, actually, if only so that new people don't get the wrong impression.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:19 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
But you'll likely never make any progress on a relationship with a woman until you make progress with yourself. It's tough to look inward and make the adjustments that you need to make. Only real men are willing to do it.
First and foremost, thanks for the photo. It speaks volumes. So do your locations: Monterey and various VA locations. Military, the language institute, something like that? Graduate business education. Check. Religion? Are you Mormon? This post is typical of a judgmental person with kids (giving rise to the term "breeder"), caters to the ladies on here who love the male-bashing, and is basically says "I've got game" when you expressly say you don't. Don't come across like you're clueless, "got game" can be deduced via its context.

I would have NO problem posting my picture on here, but love the liberty of saying what I want. Plus, as huck wisely said, this forum is a handy-dandy "window to the world."

I'm single. I didn't pass through the "window" on time. I wanted to do what I wanted to do, in terms of schooling, travel, and relocating. I didn't like who was "left over" after this trek. It's people such as yourself with condescending attitudes toward the singles on here, and probably elsewhere, that are using a post like this to prop yourself up. (How do you view the singles you work with?) Selecting various quotes by posters and making a compendium of them to make your point almost makes you look catty, like you're putting these people behind the fence at the zoo for inspection. So, what's your agenda?

You've evidently gotten some strokes. One of the posters, presumably female, said something like "rep for life" or "rep in perpetuity."

So, you're military, you know football, you probably grunt, and you're probably religious and conservative. Wow, YOU sound packaged.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 08-08-2012 at 07:28 PM..

Old 08-08-2012, 07:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You must enjoy talking to walls.
Hahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships