Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 07:13 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
I have a picture up ...I'm in pretty decent shape but I do workout to the point of exhaustion sometimes and it has thrown off my cycle.
red flag! Why do you workout to the point of exhaustion? What does that mean? You workout too long, or you get exhausted easily? If you workout too long, why do you do that? 1/2 hr. -- 45 or 50 minutes is enough for most women, including 20 mins for cardio. Have you lost a lot of weight? Do you have a cycle, at least, or has it stopped? Something isn't right, here. By all means, stop working out so hard. Otherwise, do you feel fatigue? Do you sleep ok? Now I'm getting worried about you. Stress & life changes (new job, school, etc.) can sow the seeds for chronic fatigue. That affects libido. Do you have enough energy for your daily activities, aside from the workout fatigue? I guess you're ok, or you'd already have an appointment w/the doctor. But maybe you could explain why the seemingly excessive/exhausting workouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I thought even though we are a couple, we are individuals as well. I don't think it's wrong to do what I want. She is a very artistic person so she is drawing and painting. I don't interfere with that because she can literally do that all day but that is her passion and she is more than welcome to do it. I don't get mad at all if there is time she wants to herself. I'm not avoiding anything. Sex in itself is an afterthought and I never even think about it.
If it works for you guys, more power to you! The trip to S Padre Is. sounds nice.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:17 PM

270 posts, read 387,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
red flag! Why do you workout to the point of exhaustion? What does that mean? You workout too long, or you get exhausted easily? If you workout too long, why do you do that? 1/2 hr. -- 45 or 50 minutes is enough for most women, including 20 mins for cardio. Have you lost a lot of weight? Do you have a cycle, at least, or has it stopped? Something isn't right, here. By all means, stop working out so hard. Otherwise, do you feel fatigue? Do you sleep ok? Now I'm getting worried about you. Stress & life changes (new job, school, etc.) can sow the seeds for chronic fatigue. That affects libido. Do you have enough energy for your daily activities, aside from the workout fatigue?

I workout for almost 2 hours at the gym...work runaround getting things together for school..squeeze in a little social life...but my sleep patterns are off sometimes and i feel exhausted.. I walk alot and if I can't get to the gym I'll work out at home too. I figure I have to be perfect physically and have a good job and be educated to be appealing to people.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I workout for almost 2 hours at the gym...work runaround getting things together for school..squeeze in a little social life...but my sleep patterns are sometimes and i feel exhausted.. I walk alot and if I can't get to the gym I'll work out at home too.
Why a 2-hr. gym workout? You feel exhausted during the day or evening, or only after your workouts?

I think you need to slow down. The workouts are too much, and you've just started a new job. Even though that's a good thing, doctors say that any major life changes stress the system. And you're adding school on top of that, more stress, even though you're looking fwd to it. Will you be in school full-time, or part-time? Is the job full-time or part-time? You need some down time. Daily. Simple rest, or meditation. I'd also recommend getting a couple of massages. They help take stress out of the system, they have important health advantages, including better sleep. You've been overdoing, that's probably the main source of your problems. Does your doc know you do 2 hour workouts? Have you thought about what this does to your blood pressure? You're taking blood pressure meds, but you're driving yourself really hard with those workouts, you're working at cross-purposes to yourself.

I'd say cut the workouts to 1/2 hr. at home, keep your walking if it doesn't tire you. Use the time you free up from the gym to do relaxing and rejuvenating things (listening to music, meditating, reading inspiring things). You're setting yourself up for major health problems if you keep pushing yourself like this. Been there, done that, don't let it happen to you! Trust me, you don't want to go there. Be good to yourself.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:35 PM

270 posts, read 387,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why a 2-hr. gym workout? You feel exhausted during the day or evening, or only after your workouts?

I think you need to slow down. The workouts are too much, and you've just started a new job. Even though that's a good thing, doctors say that any major life changes stress the system. And you're adding school on top of that, more stress, even though you're looking fwd to it. Will you be in school full-time, or part-time? Is the job full-time or part-time? You need some down time. Daily. Simple rest, or meditation. I'd also recommend getting a couple of massages. They help take stress out of the system, they have important health advantages, including better sleep. You've been overdoing, that's probably the main source of your problems. Does your doc know you do 2 hour workouts? Have you thought about what this does to your blood pressure? You're taking blood pressure meds, but you're driving yourself really hard with those workouts, you're working at cross-purposes to yourself.

I'd say cut the workouts to 1/2 hr. at home, keep your walking if it doesn't tire you. Use the time you free up from the gym to do relaxing and rejuvenating things (listening to music, meditating, reading inspiring things). You're setting yourself up for major health problems if you keep pushing yourself like this. Been there, done that, don't let it happen to you! Trust me, you don't want to go there. Be good to yourself.
Full time job part time school..no doctor doesn't know. Considering acupuncture and massages to relax.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Full time job part time school..no doctor doesn't know. Considering acupuncture and massages to relax.

Good, part-time school. That's realistic. It's exciting, but it's important to take care of yourself.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
No not currently involved with anyone.

You might want to get a physical, just to rule out things like thyroid disease. You might also want to ask your doctor or pharmacist about the medication you're on, or look it up yourself and see if low libido is a side effect.

However, if it turns out that you're fine physically and it's not your medication, I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. This isn't a popular thing to say, but I think there is some truth to the saying, "If you don't use it, you'll lose it." A lot of people just don't miss sex or get the urge after they've been celibate a while. Then when they meet someone who knocks their socks off, look out!

If you're happy and contented, that's all that matters. It may or may not be an issue if you meet a great guy, but I would just cross that bridge when you come to it.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:15 AM

14 posts, read 11,141 times
OP, you are not alone. Don't be too worked up about it. Your coworker is right you just havent found the guy that triggers it. You are single anyway right? So I dunno why you are worried about it?

Fact is, not everyone is a horndog like majority of population. Be happy we are the one of a kind. LOL. Well I am.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:50 PM

2,682 posts, read 4,479,280 times
Quote:
I workout for almost 2 hours at the gym...work runaround getting things together for school..squeeze in a little social life...but my sleep patterns are off sometimes and i feel exhausted.. I walk alot and if I can't get to the gym I'll work out at home too. I figure I have to be perfect physically and have a good job and be educated to be appealing to people.
THIS is your problem, for sure. I've been through my eating disorders and exercise bulimias and I'm telling you when you're starving yourself or driving yourself into the ground with 2 hr workouts, your libido goes out the window. When I was working out like that, sex was literally the LAST thing on my mind. Since I met the partner I'm with now, I've backed off the workouts, stopped fearing food so much and it's made my life so much better. There is a reason you are doing this to yourself, it's a compensation for satisfaction in other facets of your life, ie job, love life, etc.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Maybe you just never met the right person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships