Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:53 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,183,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
I'm in my mid 30's and wondering if its normal at this age to have a low sex drive? Not sure of the difference between low sex drive or frigid as I was recently called frigid by someone. Most of my friends think its abnormal that I don't crave sexual intimacy. For me , just cuddling or having my back rubbed ---silly as it may sound---its comforting for me but it's kind of hard to just find a guy who just wants to hang out like movies, shows , museums,etc. and want to just cuddle or kiss. Any thoughts? anybody experience the same feelings or have I lost my mojo??

Did you ever have your mojo? I am guessing that no one has ever warmed you up until you lit on fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:23 PM

270 posts, read 387,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeingJane View Post
Here we go. This is what I was wondering about as I read through the thread. Now listen, kiddo. You do NOT have to be perfect physically or meet any particular job standards or a certain level of education to be appealing to people. It's wonderful that you are motivated to be physically fit, but you have gone beyond taking care of your body to depleting your body and that is a dangerous line to cross. I looked at your photo on your profile and I will tell you this in a motherly way. You are a beautiful young woman who obviously has a lot to offer in terms of her goals and her enthusiasm.

But you don't believe that about yourself. I think you are running your body down and probably your emotions as well. What is the solution? Go to your doctor and tell him/her about the lack of libido and discuss your workout routine and your cycles and anything else that needs to be discussed. Start there. And then realize that perfection is a standard we are never meant to achieve. Are your friends all perfect? Is that why they are your friends? Is your family perfect? Would you only date a man who was perfect? If the answer to those questions is no, then why are you holding yourself to that standard?
No, I definitely do Not hold my friends or family to the ideal of being perfect. But it always seems to me that it is expected of ME to be perfect or else I'm not considered valuable or lovable . Just seems that way to me from the experiences that I've had with the opposite sex.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,150,827 times
Are you on medication, by any chance? When I used lithium (both my MD and pharmacist explained to be a common side effect), I had zero libido despite the fact that I was in HS.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:20 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
who cares, op? do things at your own pace. if your friends are running off doing things you're not interested in so what. I don't let people dictate how I should be behaving, if I did, I'd be a hot mess like most of them in and out of relationships every 5 months.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:27 PM

270 posts, read 387,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Are you on medication, by any chance? When I used lithium (both my MD and pharmacist explained to be a common side effect), I had zero libido despite the fact that I was in HS.
Blood Pressure meds.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 597 times
I found that very disturbing that he only has sex with his girlfriend when she nags about it! YES, there is definitely something wrong with your testosterone levels. How will you feel when she starts getting it from another source????? I'm sure you make her feel very undesireable. It's easy to be desired by others!!!

Old 03-07-2015, 11:49 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,411,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You say you weren't always like this. So think back to when you noticed a change, and see what the reason could be. Medical or psychological, whatever. You could also get your testosterone level checked. That's the main libido hormone.

I know that both males and females have both testosterone and estrogen in them But for women, you are saying that it is testosterone which is the main libido hormone (rather than estrogen)? And it's also testosterone for men as well which is the main libido hormone?

Old 03-07-2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You could do a little online research re: side effects of blood pressure pills. You could also discuss it with your doc; could be a hormone imbalance or testosterone deficiency.
I noticed (after the fact) that I am responded to a 2-to-3-year-old posting of the OP. But anyway, if this matter hasn't already been resolved by yourself to your satisfaction:

I would investigate it with your PCP (primary care physician) and then a medical school-attached hospital where you can see perhaps a Dept. of Endocrinology, an OB-GYN Dept., and maybe even Neurology (or actually a neuropsychiatrist working within a Neurology or Psychiatry Dept. ... or a Neuropsychiatry Dept.) as well to investigiate what is the cause of your described low libido (as you say that you haven't always been this way).

P.S.: I happened to see your C-D Profile photograph. You are absolutely gorgeous! As Curly of "The Three Stooges" would say: "Woof ! woof !".

You say you'd like it if a man would just cuddle and kiss with you. Direct-message me your cell phone number and email and you'll have a very willing partner. (Only kidding!!!)

Last edited by UsAll; 03-08-2015 at 12:32 AM..

Old 03-08-2015, 01:17 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,225 times
I know that when I got on bp meds 6 months ago my libido went down. I was like a 16 year old boy beforehand and I still have a healthy libido so it wasn't bad enough to switch meds, but I am confident it affects it.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
I noticed (after the fact) that I am responded to a 2-to-3-year-old posting of the OP. But anyway, if this matter hasn't already been resolved by yourself to your satisfaction:

I would investigate it with your PCP (primary care physician) and then a medical school-attached hospital where you can see perhaps a Dept. of Endocrinology, an OB-GYN Dept., and maybe even Neurology (or actually a neuropsychiatrist working within a Neurology or Psychiatry Dept. ... or a Neuropsychiatry Dept.) as well to investigiate what is the cause of your described low libido (as you say that you haven't always been this way).

P.S.: I happened to see your C-D Profile photograph. You are absolutely gorgeous! As Curly of "The Three Stooges" would say: "Woof ! woof !".

You say you'd like it if a man would just cuddle and kiss with you. Direct-message me your cell phone number and email and you'll have a very willing partner. (Only kidding!!!)

OOPS!!! I noticed a few hours later that the post quoted above that I posted a few hours ago (posting # 88) was responding to Ruth4Truth ... but my posting # 88 was actually meant to be speaking to the OP of this thread (Miss JazzyJ19).

So to the OP: Posting # 88 was supposed to be addressed to you.

My mistake, Ruth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships