Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yeah i know, little boring. But im taking who he's meeting into consideration, you see. French women simply love to chit chat over a cup of coffee, sitting at an outdoor cafe. It would be a great ice breaker in this scenario.
He might as well take her to the imitation French bistro on the corner then if we're going on perceived strreotypes. He could wear a beret too.

Good luck, video. I'm sure you'll do fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 10:15 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
He might as well take her to the imitation French bistro on the corner then if we're going on perceived strreotypes. He could wear a beret too.

lmao...its not a stereotype, its true. Ive lived in europe for 15 years and know what european women like, for the most part. No need to rely on stereotypes.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
lmao...its not a stereotype, its true. Ive lived in europe for 15 years and know what european women like, for the most part. No need to rely on stereotypes.
I'm from a music city. Guys who lived here probably think I'd love to go see a live band. They'd be dead wrong.

You can't just assume an individual will like something because their collective does.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Pay her gas money and go to Sonic(Yeah drive through!)

Old 08-10-2012, 04:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I like to just sit and talk on first dates. May sound boring, but the whole point of a date is to get to know someone. You can't do that if you go see a movie. Maybe go to a park with her and just sit and talk.
I like to add something that gives you stuff to talk about. Museums, art galleries, food tastings, wine tasting, tea tasting, cheest tasting, beer tasting, street festivals........these are great because they add in the element of people watching so you don't have to fill in the gaps with all this stuff about yourself.

I also love to have unique experiences. I am kinda dorky. I love arcades. Some of my best dates were at arcades with old school games like Pacman and Pole Position or had pinball machines.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:04 PM

209 posts, read 304,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Lunch in a pub somewhere in your college town? Keep it low-pressure but open-ended. If things are going well, go for a walk afterwards. Right now, you don't need to impress her with your creative planning for the first date - it's more about establishing compatibility.
Thanks for the pointers; that makes it seem a lot less stressful. I'm not looking to get all extravagent too soon; just build on what little time we have gotten to know each other. I don't live in a college town (I go to community college) but there are plenty of places around to grab something to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Are you able to walk somewhere to go out or are you relying on her to drive? If your expecting her to drive then I would say your doomed. No girl will be impressed once you say, "can you drive though?" Good luck with that.

If your planning on meeting up somewhere and walking or whatever than that is different. On a first date when your looking for compatibility I always suggest dinner. Its cliche' but it works. During the times when you have nothing to say you can chew on some food. If you want to be a little more creative, I suggest bowling. Normally I leave that to the second or third date though.
Yeah see, my biggest downfalls revolve around my finances. I feel like girls in the past have lost interest in me because of my lack of vehicle/job/house, which I think is unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I like to just sit and talk on first dates. May sound boring, but the whole point of a date is to get to know someone. You can't do that if you go see a movie. Maybe go to a park with her and just sit and talk.
It's not boring to me, at least not with this girl. I'm not a fan of movies anyway, so I'm all for a very simple date like that.

Quote:
Yeah i know, little boring. But im taking who he's meeting into consideration, you see. French women simply love to chit chat over a cup of coffee, sitting at an outdoor cafe. It would be a great ice breaker in this scenario.
It sounds fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

LOL, that's funny. And thanks, I hope you're right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Pay her gas money and go to Sonic(Yeah drive through!)
We don't have any Sonics in the state of Maryland, I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I like to add something that gives you stuff to talk about. Museums, art galleries, food tastings, wine tasting, tea tasting, cheest tasting, beer tasting, street festivals........these are great because they add in the element of people watching so you don't have to fill in the gaps with all this stuff about yourself.

I also love to have unique experiences. I am kinda dorky. I love arcades. Some of my best dates were at arcades with old school games like Pacman and Pole Position or had pinball machines.
Any of those things would be fine for me...it just depends on what she's interested in (which I hope to find out).

Old 08-10-2012, 05:17 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by video646 View Post

We don't have any Sonics in the state of Maryland, I don't think.
There's one near Annapolis, one or two near Baltimore, and I think one in the Eastern Shore. It's a damn shame

e: If you go to UMD, you could hit up the bowling alley up Route 1? Or the one on campus in Stamp.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:23 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I don't see a problem with her driving. I drive my date all the time. No big deal. First date...I suggest a day time activity...farmers market, craft fair, street fair...something fun to walk around and look at things. Stop for a snack. I prefer day time dates for a first date.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 PM

209 posts, read 304,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
There's one near Annapolis, one or two near Baltimore, and I think one in the Eastern Shore. It's a damn shame

e: If you go to UMD, you could hit up the bowling alley up Route 1? Or the one on campus in Stamp.
I don't go to UMD, at least not yet. I never realized they had Sonics out that way, but it doesn't surprise me. I always wanted to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't see a problem with her driving. I drive my date all the time. No big deal. First date...I suggest a day time activity...farmers market, craft fair, street fair...something fun to walk around and look at things. Stop for a snack. I prefer day time dates for a first date.
I'm glad you don't think her driving is a bad thing. I'd probably go for something during the day, like right after school or something.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:51 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
Without the car, it's hard.
No bus, worse experience of my life.
Bike ride?
Walk?
That's what I'd suggest..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships