Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 03:58 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
But if you're 23 years old, like a guy I was talking to recently, you live at home and have no desire to leave, you don't have a car or a drivers license, no job, or don't want to go to school, then yeah, you're a loser to me. Sorry.
So, Nimz, why do you think guys like this seek you out? And why do you talk to them and get involved with them? You have a choice. You don't have to let them into your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 05:31 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Been a LOSER all my life- Don't have any money...don't drive a care anymore- and I live with my oldest daughter who pays most of the bills...What I did win at was- I had an interesting time writing and playing music- got to be the hero on stage- Spent 18 years in the film industry- got to hang out with movies stars...Learned to be a very good painter and have works that put most trained artist to shame...

I raised four kids who are doing fine- and was pretty good at long term relationship- Had an interesting life- always had fun- all was an adventure and the money came and went...But I am classed as a LOSER...By most...one thing I did achieve, was than I did what ever I pleased and did not worry about status...If I had to depend on how much money I had to have self esteem- I may as well have been a bank teller- a winner with a steady job...I would rather be this loser I am.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:54 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwallis View Post
Utter hogwash. As a man I find the older I get the more interest I get from women, even with my "declining looks". The growing confidence and "maturing" of looks (looking like a man, not a boy) hooks far more attractive women than youthfulness. This is corroborated by my peers as well, though it may not be the case with people who age particularly badly.
Lucky you. I suppose that if you live in a place where women are desperate for any sort of men with prospects, you'll have no problem. Here, if you aren't making 6 figures by age 26, they'd rather hitch up with good young prospects among the scions of wealthy families.

It surprised me when I first saw it. Decent 30 something guys with professional credentials and a career ahead of them, getting little interest.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:31 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Here, if you aren't making 6 figures by age 26, they'd rather hitch up with good young prospects among the scions of wealthy families.
What forsaken section of hell do you live in?

Old 08-12-2012, 08:55 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Well you're in luck because all the amazing men are on the internet.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:00 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Doll Eyes I can say the same about you....You are a true winner at all things...like me- You took the path least traveled...x0x

Old 08-12-2012, 09:15 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Doll Eyes I can say the same about you....You are a true winner at all things...like me- You took the path least traveled...x0x

yes and the 'path least traveled' has really gotten us far, hasn't it? LOL. In the end the majority always wins.

Well technically you're not the loser like this OP is talking about or at least I don't think. You actually had a life and a family and stuff like that -- which by society's standards is considered successful I guess.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:47 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,978 times
Possessions and accomplishments aren't everything, it's what you do with them. The sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be. At 19, I had bought my second car, had a job, was a full time student and had just been left by a girl I dated for three years. In my case, I came to the realization that most women my age at the time were more interested in being party girls, not my style. I wound up meeting a woman older than me that was far more compatible with my lifestyle. This was 10 years ago, we're still together and married.

I suspect if "losers" are all you're attracting, it's all that you're hanging out with. Branch out a bit and don't be so conceited.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:45 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
Possessions and accomplishments aren't everything, it's what you do with them. The sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be. At 19, I had bought my second car, had a job, was a full time student and had just been left by a girl I dated for three years. In my case, I came to the realization that most women my age at the time were more interested in being party girls, not my style. I wound up meeting a woman older than me that was far more compatible with my lifestyle. This was 10 years ago, we're still together and married.

I suspect if "losers" are all you're attracting, it's all that you're hanging out with. Branch out a bit and don't be so conceited.
I think most people are interested in partying at that age. On their own for the first time, many with some disposable income and horny as hell... that's rarely a good combination

I agree with attracting losers though, I'm removing myself from a bad environment full of 'losers' and moving to a larger city with more opportunity. I think a lot of people just need to shake up their life a little bit.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:49 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Been a LOSER all my life- Don't have any money...don't drive a care anymore- and I live with my oldest daughter who pays most of the bills...What I did win at was- I had an interesting time writing and playing music- got to be the hero on stage- Spent 18 years in the film industry- got to hang out with movies stars...Learned to be a very good painter and have works that put most trained artist to shame...

I raised four kids who are doing fine- and was pretty good at long term relationship- Had an interesting life- always had fun- all was an adventure and the money came and went...But I am classed as a LOSER...By most...one thing I did achieve, was than I did what ever I pleased and did not worry about status...If I had to depend on how much money I had to have self esteem- I may as well have been a bank teller- a winner with a steady job...I would rather be this loser I am.
great post, wish more people understood what youre saying and took it to heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships