Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 09:29 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,341 times

Advertisements

Girl, please understand, this is all really Aspie. Please do research on if this fits you. It's a way of self-knowledge, and not a way of creating problems for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madskilz View Post
LOL. I swear I've had some of weird flare ups by the losers on pof. This one guy ask me what part of the the town I'm in. And since I am eternally geographically challenged. I swear i can't live without a gps. I honestly dunno where north, south is. I was further 'lost' when someone told me the direction of north is not always the one you are facing? OMG. I swear I'm clueless.

Anyway back to the guy's question. I answered with I have no idea and I told him my reason above. And all of a sudden he made a paragraph long 'rant' that I'm a poser/faker, how can i NOT know what part when I live here for 12 yrs. I did not reply but was WTFing during and after reading the crazy arse's rant. LOL

Was he valid in his nonsensical rant? wow.
You're not alone. There are people that wake up and are up for hours, but have no clue what time of day it is. There are people that could bump into the vice president of the United States and have no idea who he is. I've seen people that, absent-mindedly, compare items at Wal-Mart, have one of the items in one hand along with their keys. Finish shopping and go through the checkout and out the door. Then, at the car, they look at the item and try to figure out how it got there. (A few have also been arrested for shop-lifting) Just the other day, someone at the cash register was making out a check and wrote the year as 2011. I've also seen people that are so used to digital clocks that when they see a clock on the wall that has "hands" pointing to the hours, minutes, and seconds, they spend half an hour trying to figure out what time it is. What scares me is when these people go to the polls and vote for the President of the United States.

Now, something that you CAN do is to put your address (You do know what your address is, don't you) into something like "Google maps", then zoom out so that the city fills the screen and see just where your address is located on the map. Up is north, down is south. On the right hand of the screen is east, and of course, the left side of the screen is west. If the address is in the center of the screen, don't worry about the sides or top or bottom... You're in "CENTER CITY".

Old 08-11-2012, 10:01 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times
OP, please use google maps to look at your town. No, seriously. I'm not as bad with geography as you, but I still use google maps because I memorize my way through town by using landmarks and not by memorizing the road names/signs. This is bad because I can get lost easily, can't give people good directions (they want to hear the road names, not landmarks), and end up wasting gas by taking the long way when there is an easier shortcut. You don't have to intensely study it to memorize specific road names, just to remember main roads (like interstates and exits).

By doing this, I have found better routes to use when driving in my city (and to avoid traffic, lol).

Old 08-11-2012, 10:18 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
LOL. I swear I've had some of weird flare ups by the losers on pof. This one guy ask me what part of the the town I'm in. And since I am eternally geographically challenged. I swear i can't live without a gps. I honestly dunno where north, south is. I was further 'lost' when someone told me the direction of north is not always the one you are facing? OMG. I swear I'm clueless.

Anyway back to the guy's question. I answered with I have no idea and I told him my reason above. And all of a sudden he made a paragraph long 'rant' that I'm a poser/faker, how can i NOT know what part when I live here for 12 yrs. I did not reply but was WTFing during and after reading the crazy arse's rant. LOL

Was he valid in his nonsensical rant? wow.
Something like that happened to me about 7 years ago on a different site. I lived in a city then, and didn't have a car. I made that point clear on my profile, and said that I preferred to date someone within 10 miles. In an urban setting, that really shouldn't be much of a problem. Some guy from 40 miles away wrote to me. I responded that although I appreciated it, we lived too far aapart.

Well, you'd have thought that I had maligned his family name and accused him of child molestation, for the nasty, vitriolic email he sent me. "I am less than a half hour away, grow a brain, no one is that stupid," on and on.

So I said, "Oh, so you live down by the prison. You must have just gotten out." Then I blocked him.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:52 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Thanks Vic 2.0 and I was actually the one who dodged the bullet that the weirdo showed his shallowness.
I agree with you and Vic on this. You found out really fast what his true character was.

I can relate to the OP. I used to not pay any attention to street names where I lived, except for a couple of main arteries. I knew how to get where I needed to go, street names were irrelevant. But then it's impossible to explain to other people how to get to your house, lol ! I used to guide people by landmarks. Different people orient themselves geographically different ways. It's not something to get uptight about. Everyone has their quirks.

As for weird flare-ups, it seems like they're everywhere online. You get all kinds online, whether on forums or dating sites, or whatever. And people don't moderate their speech as much as they do in person. A certain amount of bad behavior just seems to come with the territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships