Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 12:47 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times

Advertisements

Have a great evening/morning, i have to work in 5 hours....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofRandomThoughts View Post
Okay,
This is brilliant! Just noticed how many folks say their on there way to Ak.
Specifically read a thread with single 40yr man on his way up, don't know when.
Catch them as they come in Off the boat , across the border, step off the plane. Whatever!!

Let's be creative!!
Of course you don't need a man not like chocolate or coffee but hey they have their uses.

I'm feelin' your pain girlfriend
Naughty naughty :

Last edited by Miborn; 10-04-2007 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: change color

Old 10-04-2007, 12:53 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
5 pages in like 2 hours! That has to be a record!

Old 10-04-2007, 12:59 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,179,268 times
Exclamation Help me

Arrrrrrgh!!!
Carpal Tunnel!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 01:01 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Sorta do like I did metla...only invite any and all single men to Alaska!

Old 10-04-2007, 01:05 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,442,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
......checks mirror...don't see you back there....

So who's driving while your taking the picture????

Pleasent dreams everyone!

Maybe the dayshift will help Met....

Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
I know its dangerous playing with the camera while driving, but its amazing what you can do when you've been driving all day and daydreaming.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't know how much more obvious I can get, riveree. A woman with her truck stuck in a snowbank is a sure sign that she's lookin'. You have to be really careful in some areas about being seen stuck again, or people will talk and a lady could get a bad name.

Maybe that's the problem.

I appear too easy.

They no doubt whisper behind my back, "Honestly, how brassy can some women get? That Metlakatla hussy was stuck in a snowbank twice last week and three times the week before, right there where you turn off to go to the Post Office! I told my Ralph, now, don't you be stopping and yanking her out of the snow. That just encourages that type and Lord knows the winters are long enough round here without me having to worry about what you're up to".

Yes, I see now. I am going to have to learn to play hard to get.
lol
this had me laughing because when I was single someone once suggest something similar to meet guys. only it had to do with sand on the beach.
yes I can fully vouch that Metlakatla as she said "cleans up well" but she is also a really great person so "wake up guys"

I agree with riveree and goddess
"let it be known that you're looking. Tell everyone to be on the lookout for you. That's what I did and I landed a cutie (Karla's met him too)"
yup he is a real cutie !! riveree

Actually I met my hubby when I wasn't looking now that I am in the homestretch of approaching my 50th b-day I look back to my 40th I was single and quite the lets go out and dance type, I actually celebrated 40 by going shark diving If you said that by my 50th I would be not only married but a "stay at home mom to our dogs" and doing even more volunteer work and more excited by what my garden is doing instead of what club should we go to tonight, I would of laughed so hard.

sigh lol how things can change in 10 years.

ok back on track

I think rance should get the pictures of his single friends he is such a terrific guy that he has to have friends that are just as nice

karla

Old 10-04-2007, 07:29 AM

232 posts, read 846,225 times
"I think rance should get the pictures of his single friends he is such a terrific guy that he has to have friends that are just as nice"

Bring out the eye candy......

Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's supposed to be a single woman's paradise here but I haven't been able to find a man in all the years I've been here. When I lived farther north where there was more snow I used to get my pickup truck stuck in a snowbank on purpose every now and then when I'd be feeling in the mood to be rescued by some sweet thing but men would just come along and yank me out and then be on their way. I had my hopes up awhile back when frozen hunks of moose meat kept showing up on my doorstep--figured it was a love token of some sort by some old boy too shy to show his real feelings but by spring time that old moose meat stopped coming around.

I got my own truck that runs, a good dog, my own place, and karla with a k has met me in person and can vouch for the fact that I clean up pretty darn well.

Advice? Not that I'll be listening to any of that bs about how women don't need men or vice versa. Nature ain't that way and if this keeps up I'll be popping one over the head with an empty wine bottle and dragging him back to my cave. It's gonna be a long winter.
Love your intuitive humor. I don't suppose there is any venue up your way, that would make you a stand out. You are obviously intelligent, funny, and well spoken. Perhaps the library. There is a lot of romance in the way you write. I can imagine there is a man up there thinking the same things...instead of getting his truck stuck, he's approaching women at the grocery and asking them which yogurt has the best cultures.

Do they have an open mic night? You'd be great for that. Some deep woods love humor. There might just be that one guy in the audience......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships