Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Thanks for all the advice and love ya'll done shown to me. I know I can be crazy and wild at times towards certain posters but ya'll do spit out good advice once you get through my rough exterior. Especially want to give Pikantari, Ruth4Truth, lovesMountains (we've had our differences but you were definitely the most persistent with me), and Braunwyn credit. I in the past couple of weeks have been able to gain more confidence when talking to the ladies. I met some great women and gaining more of a sense of what I can do to be more attractive to them. I have a feeling it will bear fruit in terms of breaking my lifelong (24 years) drought and I may be able to be more than just a friend with a lady.

Thanks.
I am very happy for you, that your life has taken a turn towards the positive. Self confidence is a very important thing to have in just life in general, not to mention relationship issues. Stand up tall with your head up!

I know sometimes it is much easier in life to just give up. I have had days, shoot, months like that! Once we lift our head up and realize that we are just as important as anyone else and that we deserve happiness things start to change.

I sure hope you keep this positive perspective in life, as it is nothing but a good thing.

You will encounter people who are negative and will want to bring you down. Let it fly over your head. I know I have a hard time with that, and I am still working on it.

At C-D, practice makes perfect! (You get plenty of practice here!!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 12:08 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
This is awesome. Finally someone who took his defenses down, cast his pride to the side and listened to some of the posters here.

Seriously this is really good news to hear for us to read and for you to realize. A lot of people here know what they're talking about, and some things just take time and a little effort.

I'm not really going to look out for you to break that 24 year long drought lol, but I'm hopefully going to read about a good relationship from you, which will take you emotional state to a whole new level.

Best of luck man.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:23 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
So happy for you Dissenter. Raising the hands towards the sky for ya.

For you

Best Affirmation Song Ever Written!! - YouTube

Old 08-12-2012, 12:25 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm not really going to look out for you to break that 24 year long drought lol.
He's over-dramatizing. I think he's trying to compete with rabbit's 11-year drought. Which is now officially over, I guess, so now it's Diss's turn.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He's over-dramatizing. I think he's trying to compete with rabbit's 11-year drought. Which is now officially over, I guess, so now it's Diss's turn.
I was making a joke hon. LOL

Old 08-12-2012, 12:40 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I was making a joke hon. LOL
I know, Froggie. It's all just gentle ribbing at our pal, Dissenter. Nice of him to drop us a thank-you note, no? He's all heart.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I really didn't wanna address this here but might as well.

I do owe you some thanks. If nothing else, you made me realize I was angry. With my upbringing and childhood, many people when I tell them about it, one common response I get is "I can't blame you for being angry." Honestly, you were talking to a very angry person when dealing with me who always wanted to fiercely return fire when challenged. Pride also had a lot to do with it. I'm not a rich guy, the two things I've always had an abundance of is anger and pride. But I realized that I need to deal with my issues to keep me from putting someone through what I had to go through as a kid.

I really want to put the personal issues I have with some here, including you, in my rear view and keep it moving. Am I going to voice myself when I disagree with some here? Yes. Am I going to bring some passion in my posts when I really feel my thoughts? Yes. But I'm going to make a conscious effort not to get personal. Honestly, two infractions in 30 days, makes you realize you need to look at yourself real quick.

HAPPY DAY!

THIS is who I always knew you could be!

GOOD FOR YOU

A man who can take a good hard look at himself and honestly acknowledge what he needs to work on in order to continue growing as a person, is a man on the right road to happiness and success.

Which, btw, is all I've ever wished for you

Thanks for the nice thread!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
so you met some women and now it's suddenly all worth it.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
so you met some women and now it's suddenly all worth it.
Maybe you'll be next... What is this world coming to!!!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:57 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Maybe you'll be next... What is this world coming to!!!

yea right, not going to happen. i'd be a fool to beleive otherwise.

anyways, i was just asking if now that me met a few women, suddenly it's like life and whatever is all worth it now? just by his OP that's how it sounds to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships