Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:24 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
So, i put up my profile on zoosk, mostly for ****s and giggles and winked at a pretty girl, who gave me her email addy. i kept it short and sweet, but got this huge letter in reply, that sort of screams scam to me. provided she isnt asking for any money, and is extremely attractive (red flag) but wouldnt invest any time in responding with anything of substance without feeling stupid for having wasted time. Im 99% sure it isnt real, but figured id ask for your take? There were 11 pics attached to this email 9scanned for viruses and clean)...fyi Also, if i believed this to be actual correspondence i would have kept it private but with so many red flags popping up, im pretty sure it doesnt matter.

Hello,
How are you doing and thanks for keeping in touch.I hope you are not one of those ass hole on the site looking for a lady to talk dirty with cos there are lots of bull**** on the site, Well i don't need to go into that much cos I'll be deleting my profile there soon, Anyway this will give you an idea of who i am and what I'm about and if you like what you see the we can go on from there, I'm Jammie Bello,26yrs.I'm white, Brown hair, brown eyes, 5'6 fit tall... I'm very easy to get along with, I'm sincere, honest, trustworthy, loving, caring, generous, passionate and romantic woman with an excellent sense of humor. I love to make people laugh, I'm a woman that believes in opening doors for the right man and treating him with the respect that he deserves.I am presently in Alaska on a Modeling Seminar and will be back home hopefully in few days time,would have loved to talk ob the phone but i cant cus where i am right now am out of network coverage but will let you know when am within network coverage,so we just have to use emails till i get back to Chicago.

Well I consider myself a family oriented person and love children.Some of the things I like to do are listening to music, going to the movies, the beach, hiking, fishing, sitting in a park,stargazing and cookouts. I enjoy doing just about anything specially with the company of someone special.. I'm looking for a serious relationship that will end up in marriage cos I'm in the final stages of life where i need a man to be with and to spend the rest of my life with, My Occupation is Model and I am Single.I don't drink and i don't smoke.I Will travel any distance for the right man if things work out between us.

Well i have many to list, My philosophy in life is short and i try to take in all i can. I will try anything and if i like it I will do it again. I love the outdoors, nature, the water,animals,people, traveling,camping and fishing,eating at fancy restaurants or a pub, cooking a fancy dinner for my man or having him cook for me,going to watch movies, listening to good music, going to a concert or theatre house. I like many kinds of music except gangster Rap, I like to dance and to learn new things. I'm always interested in any type of self-improvement and going to good seminars.

I enjoy my work and am very ambitious. I also enjoy romance and relaxing, quality time with a good man. A serious man is the key word here. This seems to be some what of a commodity in today’s day and age but i haven't given up my search cause i believe he is out there somewhere searching for me.My true love, my soul mate,my prince. When i find him, I will dedicate my life to him and spend the rest of my life with him.This may be you??? Who knows? I'm a loving, caring, passionate, understanding, honest, trustworthy, patient and have a very good sense of humor.

The reason am going to write a letter rather than just send a short message is because I'm serious about wanting to establish a quality friendship with you, and because of the fact i rarely contact anyone, So when i do you can be rest assured I'm serious about my intentions.

Well I'm looking for my other half, I mean a man that will be able to stand on his words, A man that will be able listen to me, Communicate his feelings to me, Make me laugh, Hold and comfort me in every way, Stand by my side, Respect me like I'll respect him, Passionate lover in every way, Support me in every way, Love me and only me, Make me smile always, Protect me when needed, Romantic time to time, Constantly creative and treat me right. I know you will think what a pretty young lady like me doing on net, Actually,

The reason i came on the net to find the special person who deserves all the love and passion that makes up my heart and soul is because i do not have the chance and time to meet others out in a public setting due to my modeling carrier,and besides the fact i feel you can learn so much about someone is through letters and what you have been sharing in common as a person has to take there time and think about the words they want to express, So it allows you to gain a better understanding of someone than you would probably otherwise.

The very reason I'm interested in establishing a friendship with you is because i feel we have a lot in common and besides i have a lot to offer in the way of a friendship and i know i also have a lot to share with that will be of interest to you and even some things that will surprise you. I'm very much a woman of substance and I'm very unique in today's society because i live my life through my spirituality and through the word of GOD and because i have such a strong understanding of what i feel my role in life is suppose to be.

One thing again is that I'm a woman of integrity and my word is my honor!!! I have very high standards for myself and my life is all about providing love, Peace, Happiness and making others happy. For you to get a better understanding of me, Picture a waterfall in your mind and instead of all the water overflowing it is all the love and passion i have in my heart to give to others who are deserving, As the love and passion has an endless flow coming out of my heart where others write many people and keep there messages short because they are all about how many they can write.
I will stop here and will wait to hear from you soon.
Yours Faithfully.
Jammie.
I figure a guy with the game you have should know this is a scam.

Seriously, wow...this sounds like a would-be mail order bride if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LOL @ 'gal'
Does anyone even say that anymore?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
I figure a guy with the game you have should know this is a scam.

Seriously, wow...this sounds like a would-be mail order bride if you ask me.
Yeah, I was a little bored that day i suppose, I knew it was a scam but wanted to throw it up for discussion anyhow. I got a good chuckle out of the whole thing. And thanks for complimenting me on my game, Im flattered - although i dont exactly remember bragging aqbout it. Must be an assumption on your part...=)

Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yeah, I was a little bored that day i suppose, I knew it was a scam but wanted to throw it up for discussion anyhow. I got a good chuckle out of the whole thing. And thanks for complimenting me on my game, Im flattered - although i dont exactly remember bragging aqbout it. Must be an assumption on your part...=)
Naa, I was just giving you a hard time (in fun) over your comments on the "game" thread.

Did you ever find out what this "woman" (if it really was one) was all about?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Naa, I was just giving you a hard time (in fun) over your comments on the "game" thread.

Did you ever find out what this "woman" (if it really was one) was all about?
I got a follow up email asking for money, because she got stuck at the airport and was on the way back home to Chicago to see me. Ive reported this account before i even got that email. It seems that its a pattern on zoosk, pretty much every attractive woman is a scam, complete waste of time.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:09 AM

1 posts, read 582 times
This is a scam. The letter you posted is verbatim to the one I received from Zoosker 'Bunnyrabit'. I believe that the letter you posted is from the exact same person. She claims her name is Anne Madison from NY, Pennsylvania, very pretty, elegant looking lady who now is demanding money from me. She claims she is stuck in Nigeria and can't get back to the US. She says her daughter is in hospital because she has two wholes in her heart and has spent all her money on surgery, she's stuck in Nigeria and now she is behind in bills.

She sent me about 7 pictures including one of her daughter 'Praise'. I happened to stumble across pictures of 'Praise', her real name being Bethany Trusel taken from the 'Focus International Hawaii website'.

Anyway, this person is a piece of work! They have every excuse for not wanting to talk nor meet me before I send them any funds. This 'Anne' keeps telling me that she will come and visit me 'after' I have sent the funds through Western Union. The profile of this particular person on Zoosk has been deleted which makes it even more questionable. She/he does have a facebook account under An E Madison, although without much history nor friends.

I guess we all just need to trust our gut instinct when it comes to strangers and people who think we are vulnerable and treat us as such because we happen to be on a dating site. I saw red flags after the first letter but wanted to know enough to be able to report this person as a scammer.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,649 times
I cannot believe that someone can question if is letter scam. It is scam to sky. People like OP are reason why scammer exists. No any even average person will fall for this.
Mickey D man (head shake). I considered myself idiot for social life but will in 2 second recognize scam letter or profile at dating/social site. And this “Stuck in Nigeria”, after all TV and Internet news about it people still fall for.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 AM

113 posts, read 337,220 times
She's a scam artist probably from a place i know off. I used to bait these fools back in college. The mention of the seminar in alaska should have been the first red flag for you. I stopped reading after that sentence. You can go to 419eater.com and see for yourself. I hope the site still exists. if you have the time, play her own game with her and waste her time and money. Were I still in college, I'd have you pass her off to me but I don't work from home anymore and I'm too busy. If not, just don't bother responding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships