Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:16 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times

Advertisements

I really like this one

4. Give her a pet name. Princess

Guaranteed success to follow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 04:20 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I really like this one

Unless it's the name of her dog.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:20 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
What is the best way for a guy to bring out the kinder, more affectionate side in the ladies? (Meant here in both romantic and non-romantic contexts?)

For me personally, it has largely sort of been very hit-or-miss and trial-and-error, with widely-varying results...so I just thought it couldn't hurt to try to ask the question here, if anyone has any advice that they could please share more info about
It really depends on who you deal with...

Old 08-14-2012, 04:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
I really like this one

I will admit that I love pet names... I call everyone by random pet names, including my girlfriends. One of my guy friends calls me 'Honey Bear' and I always thought that was really cute

However, I must know you before that happens, otherwise it can come off as condescending and not genuine. Of course, if a guy called me Princess I'd be a bit offended and think I was coming across as too needy. That's why my Dog's nickname is Princess

Old 08-14-2012, 04:29 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Adopt a puppy or a kitten. That makes most women melt.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:52 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
What is the best way for a guy to bring out the kinder, more affectionate side in the ladies? (Meant here in both romantic and non-romantic contexts?)

For me personally, it has largely sort of been very hit-or-miss and trial-and-error, with widely-varying results...so I just thought it couldn't hurt to try to ask the question here, if anyone has any advice that they could please share more info about
here's my take --

if a woman thinks she can do better than you (which has a more to do with her self-image than it does with reality), and you show her affection, then she will be revolted by it.

if a woman has the mentality that you're great, that she's lucky to be with you, then she'll cherish your affection and return it.

those are the extremes... i think normally you're somewhere in the middle dealing with the day-to-day fluctuation of moods of different people and their own feelings about themselves and about you. Women with extremely high self-esteem (whether short-term or long-term) are cold and unaffectionate, in my experience. It pays to be observant.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:39 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
here's my take --

if a woman thinks she can do better than you (which has a more to do with her self-image than it does with reality), and you show her affection, then she will be revolted by it.

if a woman has the mentality that you're great, that she's lucky to be with you, then she'll cherish your affection and return it.

those are the extremes... i think normally you're somewhere in the middle dealing with the day-to-day fluctuation of moods of different people and their own feelings about themselves and about you. Women with extremely high self-esteem (whether short-term or long-term) are cold and unaffectionate, in my experience. It pays to be observant.
You nailed this.

I've been stuck with the first part most of my life up until now. Never met so many "eww" faces just by warming up to someone. Laughed at I was used to, but the "eww"? That's just not a mature rejection. At times it feels like you're robbing her just asking her out for coffee. Then I learned Kingman women just suck.

Phoenix on the other hand.... good times.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
You nailed this.

I've been stuck with the first part most of my life up until now. Never met so many "eww" faces just by warming up to someone. Laughed at I was used to, but the "eww"? That's just not a mature rejection. At times it feels like you're robbing her just asking her out for coffee. Then I learned Kingman women just suck.

Phoenix on the other hand.... good times.
That's what I'm talking about. A lot of women will act all offended if you show interest, try to be friendly. That's what I meant when I said that few women these days will take kindly to being randomly approached. Some may put on a front, and the gullible guys will go in a schmo, but genuine interest is there or it's not.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:57 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
You talk to them with sincerity. No games. No strategems to get into her pants. Just the normal things that any well-adjusted person does to create trust.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:03 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,746 times
Quote:
I really like this one

I loved when one of my guys called me Princess. He is now an ex but it was one of my faves. He really meant it too. He thought I was his princess and treated me as such. But I treated him equally as well. He would say,"What's wrong Princess" or "Heeeey Pretty Girl". He was a confident guy that had no problem showing me that I meant the world to him. "Babydoll" was another one. Loved them all. Worked for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships