Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:34 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
Wouldn't it be better for the wife to actually articulate that to her husband rather than making him stew and stress and wonder what is up with her?
The thing is, these feelings of hers are likely coming from a very deep place and she may not even know yet herself why she is doing what she is doing.

Continuing to talk it through would be helpful to them both
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 02:41 PM

2,718 posts, read 5,358,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The thing is, these feelings of hers are likely coming from a very deep place and she may not even know yet herself why she is doing what she is doing.

Continuing to talk it through would be helpful to them both
But it seems she is not talking it through. She is saying one thing and then reacting negatively to him as though he excluded her from the process.

OP, have you inquired very directly about this situation? Have you said "Yesterday you were all good with this and today you're snippy and cold about it. What's up with that?"

Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
But it seems she is not talking it through. She is saying one thing and then reacting negatively to him as though he excluded her from the process.

OP, have you inquired very directly about this situation? Have you said "Yesterday you were all good with this and today you're snippy and cold about it. What's up with that?"
Agreed, she is not talking it through with him - again probably because she doesn't even understand why she is feeling and acting like she is.

"Continuing to talk it out" means he should pursue more conversation with her to get her to identify what she is actually feeling.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:04 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
My first thought was this as well.

It drives me bat**** crazy when my husband asks for my opinion or advice and then completely disregards it. It makes me feel like he's only asking for "show" and he's going to do what he wants anyway.

It's actually gotten to the point in my house where I just don't share my opinion or advice when he asks anymore because I cannot STAND to have it dismissed. I just say "yup, sounds great dear".

Her comment "No, you bought yourself one." makes it sound like she's aggrivated that you didn't feel tent camping was good enough. Maybe she really enjoyed that activity with you and didn't feel it needed to be improved or changed?
This is one of my suspicions to be honest. However, clarity of that opinion was, from my perspective, woefully absent prior to having handed over the money.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:05 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Quote:

I will bring it up again later. We are due to take delivery today too, but I am more than willing to put that on hold or let that fall thru too. (Honestly, the stress has removed all joy from it anyway).

Old 08-14-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
This is one of my suspicions to be honest. However, clarity of that opinion was, from my perspective, woefully absent prior to having handed over the money.
Let us know when you get to the bottom of things (hopefully later this evening)

Old 08-14-2012, 03:18 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
In my experience, women can have contradictory feelings in a very short period of time. Happy one moment and then a quick change. Don't blame them. Women are more influenced by feelings. She may have been excited and then fear after making the commitment to spend the money. Feelings come and go. Don't let it rock you. Be the man. If she said she's OK, then just let it go, and don't fuss.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
I don't know that this issue is really about money.

Changing the method of camping changes the dynamic involved. Maybe she enjoys camping in a tent so much that she doesn't want to lose that connection with you and she thinks that if she does not support your desire for a pop-up that you will be upset.

There is definitely something amiss here. Maybe she prefers to camp in places where a pop up cannot go.

YOu really need to find out and talk about it.

20yrisnBranson

Old 08-14-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't know that this issue is really about money.

Changing the method of camping changes the dynamic involved. Maybe she enjoys camping in a tent so much that she doesn't want to lose that connection with you and she thinks that if she does not support your desire for a pop-up that you will be upset.

There is definitely something amiss here. Maybe she prefers to camp in places where a pop up cannot go.

YOu really need to find out and talk about it.

20yrisnBranson
Not so sure you are on the right track. He said this about his wife...

"She agreed it was a good and practical idea. We started looking around, she was excited and into it".

Old 08-14-2012, 03:47 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not so sure you are on the right track. He said this about his wife...

"She agreed it was a good and practical idea. We started looking around, she was excited and into it".
She was probably faking it so as not to rock the boat or cause an argument.

I was "excited" about my kitchen renovation too...but I secretly hate it. Well hate is a strong word, but it is the polar opposite of what I would have picked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships