Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:02 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
When there's something good right in front of them? Why don't guys like to settle?
It's an emotional maturity thing for most guys. Everyone matures at a different rate and you can't rush it I'm afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
I first always listen to my gut. But me I am very observant and not easily flattered. I have very very high intuition and more often than not I am spot on. So eerily so that my girlfriends will now introduce a man to me for the sole purpose (without him knowing) of asking me later what type of energy did I get from him. No I am not saying I am psychic because I am not. But when you shut your mouth and watch and listen to people (as I did for such a large part of my life) it's amazing what you can pick up on.

I also ask specific questions where your answer and how you answer will tell me a lot.

The reason so many friends of mine trust me now is because I used to tell them my opinion of a guy and they would not listen. So help me the majority of them came back to me and told me it ended for almost the exact reasons that I predicted. It even started to spook me. Also, two girls whom I advised to stick through it with their guy (things were rough for a while with them, but something about those guys told me they were irreplaceable and very compatible with my girls) are now both very happily married to those men and have thanked me so many times and I also became a part of the wedding party for both.
thats quite the talent

Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
thats quite the talent
Thank you. I also think a large part of it is because I am an extremely genuine person. I make sure to be actively aware of how I approach others and make them feel. I go out of my way to be kind and just try to be a good person in all situations even when someone or somethings upsets me. The saying "real recognizes real" applies here. So long as one is not too gullible (that goes back to my not being easily flattered. Appreciative, yes very much so, flattered--hardly) a genuine person typically recognizes the energy of another genuine person. You can feel it.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:20 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
When they're has been "something good in front of me" I never play the field. But right now(the last 2 years) have been fun. You don't really have to answer to someone and you get variety. But I do sometimes miss being in an actual relationship though I can't lie

Also a lot of guys would like to "play the field" if you will but can't. So don't think just because the 20 year old with the steady GF is automatically more mature then the 33 year old bachelor. The 20 year old might want to live the 33 year old's lifestyle but can't, At the moment he might be taking the best he can get

Old 08-14-2012, 02:50 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
When there's something good right in front of them? Why don't guys like to settle?
How does someone know if there's something good in front of him or her if he or she doesn't play the field to discover multiple examples, to determine what the appropriate meaning of good should be?

...but it's probably because of an urge to spread male genes far and wide as possible, which is not really logical, bet instinctual. Equally illogical is likely a more commonly female urge to settle, so that as soon as sex happens, there is a partner waiting to care for the offspring.

Last edited by Clintone; 08-14-2012 at 03:03 PM..

Old 08-14-2012, 02:51 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
How do they know if there's something good if front of them if they don't play the field to discover what the context of good means?
Valid point. So long as you are not playing the field while at the same time telling one that you are exclusive to only them.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:53 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Valid point. So long as you are not playing the field while at the same time telling one that you are exclusive to only them.
Usualy doesnt make any difference, to be perfectly honest. Many will accept a guy who is openly dating several women at once, no qualms about it whatsoever. In that sense, it wouldn't make any sense to be dishonest about it.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:53 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
I first always listen to my gut. But me I am very observant and not easily flattered.
This is key. Once again, TN2A2 hits the bulls-eye! And developing one's powers of observation, noticing small details, little movements, facial expression, tone of voice, having a good radar, all key.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Simply because many folks have a 'grass is greener' mentality... translation: those people probably will never be happy with what they have. Kind of like a psychological 'Wanderlust' in a way.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Usualy doesnt make any difference, to be perfectly honest. Many will accept a guy who is openly dating several women at once, no qualms about it whatsoever. In that sense, it wouldn't make any sense to be dishonest about it.
There is nothing wrong with dating several people at once as long as everyone knows about it and you aren't hiding anything or lying about being exclusive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships